Author Topic: I'm done with it!  (Read 226 times)

Offline ButchTN

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
I'm done with it!
« on: November 29, 2008, 04:05:00 PM »
I was in such a hurry to get going with this site I posted my introduction in the Pre HOF 2009 Feb group. I copied and pasted it here today just for the record. No response necessary.

Hello all I'm ButchTN and I quit cold turkey on 11-16-8. I've had 10 years of solid dip use, but 10 before that of off and on dipping. No significant time in the last 20+ years have I been without some sort of tobacco in one form or another.
I'm 37 in fairly good shape, avid golf, tennis, outdoors, ect., but I just recently had a chest pain scare that scared the shit out of me. Turned out to be nothing. Past every test that could be run with flying colors. The results were so conclusive that every doctor ruled out me needing an arteriogram which I was glad to hear, but would have done so very willingly.
Anyway, I'm sure glad to have found this site and looking forward to getting to know you guys (and gals). Hopefully one day I'll be able to pass on some quitting advice. As for right now, I'm just gonna hunker down and deal with some pretty awful withdrawal symptoms.
I met "lawen4cer" this morning on the live chat. We had a very short, but positive conversation that really helped me. And speaking of Live Chat....I really appreciate the admins of this site allowing people to log into Live Chat before joining the site. I don't know if it was planned that way or not, but it shows, in my opinion, they really want to help people by letting them explore and get comfortable before giving up the usual personal information. If I had not been allowed to give the Live Chat a test drive I wouldn't be typing this now.
Quit Date: 11-16-2008 @11:00PM
100 Days: 02-24-2009