Author Topic: Day 1 - Ready for a life change  (Read 697 times)

Offline Don

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-02-25
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 1 - Ready for a life change
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 08:22:00 PM »
Quote from: UABmoose
Just got home from work and did something I've never done.
Flushed two full cans of Copenhagen down the drain. Every attempted quit before was always about 'when this can is empty'.
Today, it's empty because I say it is.

I know it's small, but its all about the little victories that you can string together to win the war, right?

There's still one half-full can somewhere around my house. I will find it and flush it too.
Moose - Good for you! This is going to get worse before it gets better but it will get good soon. Take it from a chewer for over 38 years who never thought he could do it. I quit with you and will support you through this. You can do this!!

Offline UABmoose

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 07:08:00 PM »
Just got home from work and did something I've never done.
Flushed two full cans of Copenhagen down the drain. Every attempted quit before was always about 'when this can is empty'.
Today, it's empty because I say it is.

I know it's small, but its all about the little victories that you can string together to win the war, right?

There's still one half-full can somewhere around my house. I will find it and flush it too.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2037
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 04:32:00 PM »
Good! Stay strong!
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 02:03:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
I've been dipping for about 13 years now, and for the past 8 or so its been 1+ can a day, Copenhagen Longcut. I started in the 8th grade, and am 26 years old now.
I've "tried" to quit before, several times actually, but have never had much success - 5 days is my previous record. Truth be told though, I never really wanted to. I mean, I didn't see the consequences in front of me, so my quitting was never a priority like it should have been.

Fast forward to today... I'm getting married in a month. The most embarrassing part of this is that my fiancee wasn't aware that I am still dipping. We've been together for a long time now and she knows that I've dipped since a young age, but we have never lived together or stayed together more than a day or two. Last year, I decided that I was going to quit dipping, and made it those 5 days before craving. On day 3 of that pitiful attempt, I told her that I quit, and have been living the lie ever since I picked it back up. Shameful, I know. I'm better than this, and she deserves better than to be lied to about something so stupid. Luckily, I was busted red-handed recently and came clean. Sympathy she does not have though, and I don't blame her. I told her that I'm done with it, and I actually mean it this time.

For the past couple of months, when I was still hiding my cans and my addiction, I had kept telling myself that I was going to quit ... that I had plenty of time ..... that I'd slowly cut back, no big deal .... that I could quit whenever I wanted to .... but I know its all bullshit. Truth be told, I like dipping. That first dip on the ride in to work in the morning, or the infamous after-dinner dip... My addiction has led me to believe that its part of my identity because its been such a necessity in my life for so long.

That all ends today. I had my last dip last night before going to bed. Woke up this morning feeling strong and decided that I'd fight the urge and not dip all day long; that I'd wait until I got home this evening and left my can at the house, figuring it was a good start. But I know what I'm doing - I'm just putting off the inevitable. Since I didn't have my normal dip first thing this morning, I'm already feeling a bit on edge. Looking for some solution and with a pre-occupied mind, Google brought me here. And now, I fully intend to stay here.

I think this site is what I've been needing all along, and only wish I would have found it sooner. I know I'm going to need some encouragement to make it happen. Especially when I get home and have to flush my full can down the drain. But, I'm going to make it happen this time. To hell with cutting back, I'm finished dipping for good.

Cheers,
Moose

So moose you like dipping? Classic case of addict speech! Get yourself in here and learn how to hate this shit! We waiting on you! Next moves your's! Learn to post roll! Just an addict trying to help another addict!
Get in and post roll. After your intro, you better have enough fortitude to flush that full can. Otherwise, don't waste our time. You either want this or you don't.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 12:50:00 PM »
I've been dipping for about 13 years now, and for the past 8 or so its been 1+ can a day, Copenhagen Longcut. I started in the 8th grade, and am 26 years old now.
I've "tried" to quit before, several times actually, but have never had much success - 5 days is my previous record. Truth be told though, I never really wanted to. I mean, I didn't see the consequences in front of me, so my quitting was never a priority like it should have been.

Fast forward to today... I'm getting married in a month. The most embarrassing part of this is that my fiancee wasn't aware that I am still dipping. We've been together for a long time now and she knows that I've dipped since a young age, but we have never lived together or stayed together more than a day or two. Last year, I decided that I was going to quit dipping, and made it those 5 days before craving. On day 3 of that pitiful attempt, I told her that I quit, and have been living the lie ever since I picked it back up. Shameful, I know. I'm better than this, and she deserves better than to be lied to about something so stupid. Luckily, I was busted red-handed recently and came clean. Sympathy she does not have though, and I don't blame her. I told her that I'm done with it, and I actually mean it this time.

For the past couple of months, when I was still hiding my cans and my addiction, I had kept telling myself that I was going to quit ... that I had plenty of time ..... that I'd slowly cut back, no big deal .... that I could quit whenever I wanted to .... but I know its all bullshit. Truth be told, I like dipping. That first dip on the ride in to work in the morning, or the infamous after-dinner dip... My addiction has led me to believe that its part of my identity because its been such a necessity in my life for so long.

That all ends today. I had my last dip last night before going to bed. Woke up this morning feeling strong and decided that I'd fight the urge and not dip all day long; that I'd wait until I got home this evening and left my can at the house, figuring it was a good start. But I know what I'm doing - I'm just putting off the inevitable. Since I didn't have my normal dip first thing this morning, I'm already feeling a bit on edge. Looking for some solution and with a pre-occupied mind, Google brought me here. And now, I fully intend to stay here.

I think this site is what I've been needing all along, and only wish I would have found it sooner. I know I'm going to need some encouragement to make it happen. Especially when I get home and have to flush my full can down the drain. But, I'm going to make it happen this time. To hell with cutting back, I'm finished dipping for good.

Cheers,
Moose

So moose you like dipping? Classic case of addict speech! Get yourself in here and learn how to hate this shit! We waiting on you! Next moves your's! Learn to post roll! Just an addict trying to help another addict!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline danojeno

• Quit Date March 2, 2015
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 12:44:00 PM »
Welcome to KTC and great intro. So many of the things you described, we have been through. I do want to caution you though. You have to quit because YOU really want to, not because you think you have to. As you have learned, your family doesn't have to know you dip...addicts are awesome liars. Here we quit through brotherhood and accountability. That means get to know fellow quitters here and post roll early, every damn day. That roll post is your promise not to use nicotine, in any form. Now get on over to the July 2015 pre HOF group and give your promise for TODAY.

Offline UABmoose

Day 1 - Ready for a life change
« on: April 06, 2015, 12:04:00 PM »

Cheers,
Moose