Author Topic: I need to quit, but don't want to  (Read 3532 times)

Offline _oz

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I need to quit, but don't want to
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2011, 05:27:00 PM »
Quote from: Parputt
Quote from: CORNWALLACE
Quote from: _oz
So...... 6 days quit -- and getting out of the fog (kind of - not as bad as it was this weekend).  I'm slowly adjusting to no shit in my lip, and all is going along sorta good.  Still have the few episodes where it just seems pointless and you want to cave, but then start thinking of a few things:  Getting email from you guys about being a pussy and not a man of my word, getting shit from my friends who have been supportive, etc., and then I realize it's just the bitch trying to get a free ride again.  Once I snap out of the few second haze, life is good.  Til about 30 minutes ago......

Stopped at a local gas station to rebuild my sunflower seed stash, and go to the counter to pay.  As I throw the seeds on the counter - I look up and see many, many bitch cans staring at me, calling my name.  Of course there was 1 row of cans that had a light coming from it - like it was being sent from heaven - and was destined to get in my pocket!  I knew I had the cash to purchase a can (or more) and stared hard at the tin. 

The cashier rang me up, looked at me and said "2.48 please".  I gave him a $5, grabbed my change and left as soon as I could. 

I will not let the bitch get me!  I am a quitter.
Dude, you have become a warrior! Guess I pegged you wrong after all. Now keep proving me wrong!

Way to go!
Putt - This guy is a stud quitter - people pay to have him mate with others to make sure their offspring is quit.

Great job Wizard - stay quit with us today!
I ain't giving him that much credit yet. When I see 3 digits he can cum on my shoe, but not until then. :D
I ain't giving him that much credit yet.  When I see 3 digits he can cum on my shoe, but not until then.  :D
And you shouldn't! 6 days is nothing in the big picture - but like all people it's the beginning that's the hard part.

Just trying to let all the new people know it's not easy and we all have that moment of going back to the darkside.

And don't worry - I won't hit your shoe 'no'
QD - 5/13/11
1 day at a time!

Offline razz

• Quitter
    • www.facebook.com
  • Quit Date: 2011-02-06
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing, and I'm the Exec. Producer for an independent wrestling company...known to brew a little beer from time to time as well
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2011, 05:05:00 PM »
Yes you guys have been very helpful! 

Now as I hit the sack, I look back on a rough weekend where I would have normally gone through 2 cans.  Yes, I want to put that shit in my lip, just from habit. 

If I did not have you guys here, and the mere fact that I gave my word, along with posting roll, I would have caved. 

Looking forward to putting my name on roll tomorrow. 

THANKS TO ALL
I'm checking in late on this topic, and I'm glad I read the whole thread before I replied. Oz go back and read the first page.....and realize that we are all here for you. Stay quit dude.
Post role and repeat.
Embrace your crave and crush it.

May 2011 3-Balled Quitters
Day 1 = Feb 6, 2011
HOF = May 16, 2011
2nd floor = August 24, 2011
3rd floor = December 2, 2011
1 Year = February 5, 2012
4th floor = March 11, 2012
5th floor = June 19, 2012
6th floor = September 27, 2012
7th floor = January 5, 2013

Offline Parputt

• Quit King
  • Quit date: 1-13-2011
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2011, 04:55:00 PM »
So...... 6 days quit -- and getting out of the fog (kind of - not as bad as it was this weekend).  I'm slowly adjusting to no shit in my lip, and all is going along sorta good.  Still have the few episodes where it just seems pointless and you want to cave, but then start thinking of a few things:  Getting email from you guys about being a pussy and not a man of my word, getting shit from my friends who have been supportive, etc., and then I realize it's just the bitch trying to get a free ride again.  Once I snap out of the few second haze, life is good.  Til about 30 minutes ago......

Stopped at a local gas station to rebuild my sunflower seed stash, and go to the counter to pay.  As I throw the seeds on the counter - I look up and see many, many bitch cans staring at me, calling my name.  Of course there was 1 row of cans that had a light coming from it - like it was being sent from heaven - and was destined to get in my pocket!  I knew I had the cash to purchase a can (or more) and stared hard at the tin. 

The cashier rang me up, looked at me and said "2.48 please".  I gave him a $5, grabbed my change and left as soon as I could. 

Dude, you have become a warrior! Guess I pegged you wrong after all. Now keep proving me wrong!

Way to go!
Putt - This guy is a stud quitter - people pay to have him mate with others to make sure their offspring is quit.

I ain't giving him that much credit yet. When I see 3 digits he can cum on my shoe, but not until then. :D
QD:  1-13-11
HOF: 4-22-11
Sobriety date: 3-4-07

One is one too many
One more is never enough

This Is My Quit

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose ~ Dr. Seuss

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
  • Howdy, I'm Miles and I'm Quit
  • Quit Date: 3/7/2011
  • Interests: My kids, Quitting, Hunting, fishing, motorcycles, MTB, football, racing, baseball, guitar, family, running, Clint Eastwood, Cold Beer, Floating down the river, camping. Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Falcons, Houston Oilers (RIP - Love Ya Blue!)"]["{{}}{{}}][_
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2011, 04:54:00 PM »

Way to go!

If this were the Derby, I'd put ALL my money on Oz. Way to go brother!

One day at a time.
I quit with with you all!

Offline CORNWALLACE

• Quit Pro
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2011, 04:51:00 PM »

Way to go!

Offline Romandog

• Romandog of Quit
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is good. Be quit.
  • Interests: Programming, Oil painting, Drawing, Sailing, Swimming, Krav Maga, Kettlebell/Bodyweight workouts, Military/Naval History, Theology, Physical Sciences & Mathematics, Shooting & Fishing
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2011, 04:41:00 PM »
Awesome Quit Oz!!!

Keep it going.. We're right here with you!
July 2011 Tornadoes of Quit
Since April 18, 2011, 08:42:00 AM

Offline Parputt

• Quit King
  • Quit date: 1-13-2011
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2011, 04:38:00 PM »
So...... 6 days quit -- and getting out of the fog (kind of - not as bad as it was this weekend). I'm slowly adjusting to no shit in my lip, and all is going along sorta good. Still have the few episodes where it just seems pointless and you want to cave, but then start thinking of a few things: Getting email from you guys about being a pussy and not a man of my word, getting shit from my friends who have been supportive, etc., and then I realize it's just the bitch trying to get a free ride again. Once I snap out of the few second haze, life is good. Til about 30 minutes ago......

Stopped at a local gas station to rebuild my sunflower seed stash, and go to the counter to pay. As I throw the seeds on the counter - I look up and see many, many bitch cans staring at me, calling my name. Of course there was 1 row of cans that had a light coming from it - like it was being sent from heaven - and was destined to get in my pocket! I knew I had the cash to purchase a can (or more) and stared hard at the tin.

The cashier rang me up, looked at me and said "2.48 please". I gave him a $5, grabbed my change and left as soon as I could.

I will not let the bitch get me! I am a quitter.

Way to go!
QD:  1-13-11
HOF: 4-22-11
Sobriety date: 3-4-07

One is one too many
One more is never enough

This Is My Quit

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose ~ Dr. Seuss

Offline husker06484

• Quit Pro
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2011, 03:37:00 PM »
Oz that is awesome. Some day sooner rather than later you will walk in see the nic bitchs weapon of death and laugh at them. I was once there and now I chuckle. Don't get me wrong she still whispers from time to time at the store but I tell her to fuck off then chuckle

Offline dchogs

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 16, 2011
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2011, 03:01:00 PM »
nice work, oz... stay strong, stay quit. let me know if you need to talk.
Quit- 5/16/2011. One day at a time.
HoF- 8/23/2011; 2nd Floor- 12/1/2011; 3rd Floor- 3/10/2012; 4th Floor- 6/18/2012; 5th Floor- 9/27/2012; 6th Floor- 1/4/2013; 7th Floor- 4/14/2013; 8th Floor- 7/23/2013; 9th Floor- 10/31/2013; 10th Floor- 2/8/2014; 11th Floor- 5/19/2014; 12th Floor- 8/27/2014; 13th Floor- 12/5/14; 14th floor- 3/15/15; 15th floor- 6/23/15; 16th floor- 10/1/15; 17th floor- 1/9/16; 18th floor- 4/18/16; 19th floor- 7/26/16; 20th floor- 11/4/16; 21st floor- 2/12/17; 22nd Floor- 5/23/17; 23rd Floor- 8/31/17; 24th Floor- 12/9/17; 25th floor- 3/19/18; 26th floor- 6/27/18; 27th floor- 10/5/18; 28th floor- 1/13/19; 29th foor- 4/22/19; 30th floor- 7/31/19; 31st floor- 11/8/19; 32nd floor- 2/17/20; 33rd floor- 5/27/20; 34th floor- 9/4/20; 35th floor- 12/13/20; 36th floor- 3/23/21; 37th floor- 7/1/21; 38th floor- 10/9/21; 39th floor- 1/17/22; 40th floor- 4/27/22; 41st floor- 8/5/22; 42nd floor- 11/12/22; 43rd floor- 2/20/23; 44th floor- 6/1/23; 45th floor- 9/9/23; 46th floor- 12/18/23.

"He which hath no stomach to this fight let him depart. But we in it shall be remembered. We few, we happy few, we band of brothers! For he today, that sheds his blood with me, shall always be my brother." (Wm. Shakespeare). For August '11.

Who dares, wins.

Stay quit... it is life or death and that is the undeniable truth.

"To be driven by our appetites alone is slavery, while to obey a law that we have imposed on ourselves is freedom." Rosseau

Offline jaygib

• Quitter
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2011, 02:59:00 PM »
Another battle won by oz!
Quit January 19, 2011

Everything is permissible for me but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible for me but I will not be mastered by anything. 1 Cor 6:12

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2011, 02:52:00 PM »
oz,

I know those exact thoughts about it being pointless, I assume everyone here does as well. She's a crafty little witch ain't she? You are winning and she is pissed. Soon you will look at those cans and wonder why you chewed in the first place. Keep up the good work!

glad to be quit with you,

Offline _oz

• Quitter
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2011, 02:46:00 PM »
So...... 6 days quit -- and getting out of the fog (kind of - not as bad as it was this weekend). I'm slowly adjusting to no shit in my lip, and all is going along sorta good. Still have the few episodes where it just seems pointless and you want to cave, but then start thinking of a few things: Getting email from you guys about being a pussy and not a man of my word, getting shit from my friends who have been supportive, etc., and then I realize it's just the bitch trying to get a free ride again. Once I snap out of the few second haze, life is good. Til about 30 minutes ago......

Stopped at a local gas station to rebuild my sunflower seed stash, and go to the counter to pay. As I throw the seeds on the counter - I look up and see many, many bitch cans staring at me, calling my name. Of course there was 1 row of cans that had a light coming from it - like it was being sent from heaven - and was destined to get in my pocket! I knew I had the cash to purchase a can (or more) and stared hard at the tin.

The cashier rang me up, looked at me and said "2.48 please". I gave him a $5, grabbed my change and left as soon as I could.

I will not let the bitch get me! I am a quitter.
QD - 5/13/11
1 day at a time!

Offline _oz

• Quitter
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2011, 02:01:00 AM »
Yes you guys have been very helpful!

Now as I hit the sack, I look back on a rough weekend where I would have normally gone through 2 cans. Yes, I want to put that shit in my lip, just from habit.

If I did not have you guys here, and the mere fact that I gave my word, along with posting roll, I would have caved.

Looking forward to putting my name on roll tomorrow.

THANKS TO ALL
QD - 5/13/11
1 day at a time!

Offline magnum9

• Quit Pro
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2011, 12:33:00 AM »
Quote from: Smokeyg
I feel like this entire thread should be required reading for new quitters who come to this community and feel threatened and unsupported by the quitters who call bullshit on addict talk. Even returning cavers should read this after taking a beating.

Look at the positive support now offered to a quitter who is honoring his word to himself and this community.
Hmmmm.

Yes SmokeyG,

I would agree except for the fact that we need a couple more days of OZ posting before we get to using his post as a tool. This guy needs our help for his quit ATM. But yes, keep this in mind as a link for others.

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2011, 12:09:00 AM »
I feel like this entire thread should be required reading for new quitters who come to this community and feel threatened and unsupported by the quitters who call bullshit on addict talk. Even returning cavers should read this after taking a beating.

Look at the positive support now offered to a quitter who is honoring his word to himself and this community.