Author Topic: My turn  (Read 809 times)

Offline 88shelby

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mid 80's to early 90's front wheel drive dodgesGrew up in northern wisconsin on lake superior, so fishing, hunting, boating and drinking
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My turn
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2012, 10:27:00 AM »
Well I actually had a wet dream last night. Still turned it down in my dream. Must be a good sign..Im talking about chew....

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2012, 10:45:00 AM »
Quote from: 88shelby
If any of the moderators read this, please know that if I dont post roll its only because I got called out for work early am or I might be working till late at night. In which case when I get home posting roll is not my greatest concern. I have quit, will still quit and thats all there is to it. Thanks
88shelby-day19=getting ready for xmas..bumped
Well, looky there.

Good for you man. Way to step up.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2012, 10:19:00 PM »
If you don't think you can post roll in the future, please just say something. If you can't, then there's nothing you can do about it. No big deal. This promise is to you first not to use nicotine. It is secondary to us because you are asking our help to stand beside you in the battle.

I guess the real question is "what are you willing to do to stay quit?".

Make quitting your first priority and you will be quit. Let it fall by the wayside and so will your quit.

It probably would be smart to have some quitters numbers just to text in your quit "when you can't".
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2012, 10:10:00 PM »
Quote from: mich
If any of the moderators read this, please know that if I dont post roll its only because I got called out for work early am or I might be working till late at night. In which case when I get home posting roll is not my greatest concern. I have quit, will still quit and thats all there is to it. Thanks
That right there sounds like your quit is something you might kind of want to do with us, as I see this site - that's not the way this works. EACH DAY you post roll, do it early then go about your day - I've been called into work, i've been in the woods hunting blah blah blah. Those are the times you call or text your quit into a quit brother and ask him to post roll for you that day - that way you still have given your word to your group that you quit. If this isn't that important to you the odds don't look good...
"please know that if I dont post roll"

Well that says for that day you have then not given your word to your fellow quit group therefore have not provided accountability for that day in question.

Be careful as this can lead down a dark alley where with no word to uphold for yourself or from others, you could find yourself back to before day 1.

And you may be feeling good as you typed what you say below, but it is something you may not be able to count on when you get that extra strong feeling when you are down that dark alley.....

Watch over others as they will watch over you......

Offline mich 34

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Interests: reading, hunting, fishing, above all - spending time with the wife and kids (when they are being good!!)
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2012, 08:23:00 PM »
That right there sounds like your quit is something you might kind of want to do with us, as I see this site - that's not the way this works. EACH DAY you post roll, do it early then go about your day - I've been called into work, i've been in the woods hunting blah blah blah. Those are the times you call or text your quit into a quit brother and ask him to post roll for you that day - that way you still have given your word to your group that you quit. If this isn't that important to you the odds don't look good...
my intro
QD 07-19-2012
Group - Roctober Madmen Post with some Madmen (and women)
HOF 10-27-12 HOF Speech
2nd Floor 2-4-13, 3rd Floor 5-15-13
1 year of freedom - 7-19-2013. Thank you KTC
4th Floor 8-23-13, 5th Floor 12-1-13, 6th Floor 3-11-14, 7th Floor 6-19-14, 8th Floor 9-27-14, 9th Floor 1-5-15

Offline 88shelby

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mid 80's to early 90's front wheel drive dodgesGrew up in northern wisconsin on lake superior, so fishing, hunting, boating and drinking
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2012, 07:39:00 PM »

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2012, 01:59:00 AM »
My story is really no different then the rest yours. Been chewing about half my life. Started when I was eighteen and about to turn 36. In those eighteen years of chewing I did stop for 2 years, thought I was stronger then I was and took one from a buddy one night, and well here I am a ADDICT. Really dont know why I quit this time,. just my second time ever. Worked a job till about 10 at night, had a hour long ride home so stopped at the local gas station in the town I was in. Grabbed my usual mountain dew and walked up to the counter to grab a can. Lady said she didnt have any left and I said thats ok I just quit. The words just came out, but the conviction behind them were true, I was done and I knew it. Never told my wife but by day 3 she figured it out from the attitude I developed. Found this website and started reading. Ordered some fake stuff and what a help. That first week of having nothing was a killer, and then to find out about herbal snuff, what savior in my case. So for the first three days I had the headaches, by day 4 my mind turned against me and I actually had arguments with my self-one side was trying to convince me it will be ok, just a little here and a little there. But im done and I know Im done. Just wanted to say hi and to know Im not alone..
"You can make yourself sick or well by the habitual thoughts you think. Don't drain back into your body, the diseased thoughts of your mind".
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Tazbutane

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 11/22/12
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2012, 09:51:00 PM »
Quote from: tazbutane
Thanks to all. Kinda weird all this. Had a buddy that went to rehab a few years ago and I was his go to guy after he came back. Now I find myself asking him a bunch of questions. He still chews but has quit one addition..
Getting on to post rollcall or chat might be a challange some days. I am on the road alot. Been out of state this past week and will be again most of the coming week. Dont make the hotel sometimes till midnight, give or a take a couple hours.
I will say driving for hours on end is a bitch. Lots of fake chew and sunflower seeds.
Oh and my post name is actually a dodge. Shelby made numbered cars in the eighties. Already had a mustang referance made, not a ford guy, sorry..
Hey Dodge Shelby,

Haven't seen you post roll yet, need some help?

Check this out: Video on posting roll

Or send one of us in March a PM, or jump over in LIVE CHAT and ask anyone in there for help.

If posting roll daily is going to be an issue; get a couple of numbers, you can text us that you are quit and what day quit, one of us can add you to roll, easy peasy.

Help us help you
I think I just posted roll-let me know if I didnt do it right..
close. Need to add number of days quit (5?). and the cut and paste is a little off, you will get it. Welcome to our quit!
March 2013 - Mad Men of Quit        
Quit date: 11/22/12          
Sobriety Date: 4/10/2006         
HOF Date 03/02/2013         
Semper Fidelis

Offline 88shelby

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2012, 09:43:00 PM »
Quote from: tazbutane
Thanks to all. Kinda weird all this. Had a buddy that went to rehab a few years ago and I was his go to guy after he came back. Now I find myself asking him a bunch of questions. He still chews but has quit one addition..
Getting on to post rollcall or chat might be a challange some days. I am on the road alot. Been out of state this past week and will be again most of the coming week. Dont make the hotel sometimes till midnight, give or a take a couple hours.
I will say driving for hours on end is a bitch. Lots of fake chew and sunflower seeds.
Oh and my post name is actually a dodge. Shelby made numbered cars in the eighties. Already had a mustang referance made, not a ford guy, sorry..
Hey Dodge Shelby,

Or send one of us in March a PM, or jump over in LIVE CHAT and ask anyone in there for help.

If posting roll daily is going to be an issue; get a couple of numbers, you can text us that you are quit and what day quit, one of us can add you to roll, easy peasy.

Help us help you
I think I just posted roll-let me know if I didnt do it right..

Offline Tazbutane

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 05:35:00 PM »
Hey Dodge Shelby,

Help us help you
HOF Date 03/02/2013         
Semper Fidelis

Offline 88shelby

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2012, 12:01:00 PM »

Offline Tazbutane

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2012, 09:19:00 AM »
Congratulations on making a great decision and finding the best place around to help you succeed with your quit.

I am in the March quit group also. PM me if you want to swap numbers.

Good quitting with you.
HOF Date 03/02/2013         
Semper Fidelis

Offline 05wrxing

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Deer hunting, motorcycles, football, basketball and most of all my quit and my loving family.
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 08:42:00 AM »
Congratulation's on Quitting. It's the best thing you could ever do. First thing you need to do is, GO POST ROLL. That is the most important thing on this site. Post roll early every single day. I quit with you today. If you need anything or need help posting roll just pm me.
Experience is the name we give to our mistakes." Oscar Wilde

Roll call is not a daily attendance sheet, it is a daily pledge" - Boelker62

QUIT 9-13-21

Offline Powdersummit

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 05:56:00 AM »
Way to go man. Your quit was a lot like mine. After realizing what you are doing and getting pissed for so long you just snap, that's it I'm done. If you are anything like me you will have plenty of arguments with yourself. I've actually got into a yelling argument with myself driving to work at night. I'm not (completely) crazy but sometimes screaming and banging the steering wheel helps, just don't do it when you have any passengers. Keep it up, we are all with you.

Offline Mjollnir

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 03:28:00 AM »
Another great thing to do on this site is Live Chat. Usually in the evenings. Hope to see you there!