Author Topic: Stopping while I can  (Read 698 times)

Offline niwot

• Quitter
  • Interests: Son in competitive soccer/ coaching. golf, outdoors with family. I am a tree lover, not a hugger.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Stopping while I can
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2009, 08:36:00 PM »
Quote from: Smokeyg
Quote from: razd611
Quote from: Skoal
I dont know how much I belong in here, but I am a freshman in college and have been chewing a pretty disgusting amount for 4 years. Most of you on here are well beyond my years and have been chewing longer than I have been alive. The reason this affects me is because I realize that the longer I put off quiting, the harder it's going to be. I know the road will still be difficult, but the reason I'm doing it is because of the struggles I have read on this website. I look up to all of you and sorry my story isn't too exciting. Best of luck to you all and thanks for the inspiration
If I had quit at 18....Alot of shit would be different. For starters I would not have spent 9 bucks a day at the gas station for 20 years. Thats alot of scratch. My health would probably be alot better. 2 cans a day for all that time had to have done some damage. My relationships would be better, I wouldn't have spent 20 years bailing on my friends, spouse, kids, parents, etc so I could have a wedge in peace. I wouldn't be so worried about cancer at every dentist appointment. Would have missed out on at least 30 fights with the wife about dip. Would have slept more instead of staying up late to dip. If I had quit at 18 I bet I would have figured out that I had ADD and was self medicating with nicotine ( works just like ritalin) . I wonder how much better I would have done in school. I bet my legs wouldn't fall asleep all the time because my circulation is all fucked up from dipping. I would have spent more time chasing tail in college and less time stuffing a lump of shit in my mouth. I bet the chicks really dug that. If I had quit dipping my freshman year in college I never would have started smoking. I wonder what that did to my health.
I wonder if there is a dude somewhere laying in a hospital bed dying of lip cancer wishing he was you, and still had the chance to quit. Yeah.....your in the right place.

Sm
Well said SM. ES, you do belong here. All you have to do is show up. We will help you with the rest. It's a good day to stay QUIT.
It ain't quite that simple; simple as keeping your word one day at a time.

You need to make that happen. Lean on your support here, but when it's all said and done this is 100% up to you. Personally, I find that very empowering. Of course, I am without a doubt one of the greatest quitters ever to walk these halls. I have made positive choices for the past 500 days and NO ONE can take that away except myself.

Print this message off. It will be worth a lot of money someday.
Best thing I can say is get your mind right.......You have to say I AM going to quit dipping, and I WILL do ANYTHING to accomplish that goal. Build a support system that is solid and comfortable for you and start racking up the days. Face your dark moments with the strenght that we are all here doing the same thing as you and reach out if you need to. Then help someone else.
There are 2 types of pain: the pain of DISCIPLINE and the pain of REGRET.

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2009, 11:44:00 AM »
Quote from: razd611
I dont know how much I belong in here, but I am a freshman in college and have been chewing a pretty disgusting amount for 4 years. Most of you on here are well beyond my years and have been chewing longer than I have been alive. The reason this affects me is because I realize that the longer I put off quiting, the harder it's going to be. I know the road will still be difficult, but the reason I'm doing it is because of the struggles I have read on this website. I look up to all of you and sorry my story isn't too exciting. Best of luck to you all and thanks for the inspiration
If I had quit at 18....Alot of shit would be different. For starters I would not have spent 9 bucks a day at the gas station for 20 years. Thats alot of scratch. My health would probably be alot better. 2 cans a day for all that time had to have done some damage. My relationships would be better, I wouldn't have spent 20 years bailing on my friends, spouse, kids, parents, etc so I could have a wedge in peace. I wouldn't be so worried about cancer at every dentist appointment. Would have missed out on at least 30 fights with the wife about dip. Would have slept more instead of staying up late to dip. If I had quit at 18 I bet I would have figured out that I had ADD and was self medicating with nicotine ( works just like ritalin) . I wonder how much better I would have done in school. I bet my legs wouldn't fall asleep all the time because my circulation is all fucked up from dipping. I would have spent more time chasing tail in college and less time stuffing a lump of shit in my mouth. I bet the chicks really dug that. If I had quit dipping my freshman year in college I never would have started smoking. I wonder what that did to my health.
I wonder if there is a dude somewhere laying in a hospital bed dying of lip cancer wishing he was you, and still had the chance to quit. Yeah.....your in the right place.

Sm
Well said SM. ES, you do belong here. All you have to do is show up. We will help you with the rest. It's a good day to stay QUIT.
It ain't quite that simple; simple as keeping your word one day at a time.

You need to make that happen. Lean on your support here, but when it's all said and done this is 100% up to you. Personally, I find that very empowering. Of course, I am without a doubt one of the greatest quitters ever to walk these halls. I have made positive choices for the past 500 days and NO ONE can take that away except myself.

Print this message off. It will be worth a lot of money someday.

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2009, 01:14:00 PM »

Sm
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline flash

• Proverbs 1:7
  • Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fools despise wisdom and instruction.
  • Quit Date: June 17, 2009
  • Interests: All sports, reading, movies, music. I like poetry, taking long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
  • Likes Given: 358
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2009, 10:49:00 PM »
Quote from: Gump
Quote from: flashman
Quote from: es2422
Friend, you are simply in the right place at the right time. No matter if you've dipped for a day or a lifetime, the time to quit is now. You was worried about a story. How's this, "One more quits dip and saves his life." That gets me excited. I am so glad you are here and will support you no matter how tough or how trivial it turns out to be.

We've talked before and, according to your quit date, you are in December '09. Hang in there and post often. Tell them how you are feeling, good or bad. Make friends there and get phone numbers. Any friend or family you have that aren't addicted to that shit will not understand what you will go through, but we will.

It's damn good to see you here.
Our quit brothers have all pretty much covered it here, es. Welcome.

Oh, one thing. Flash really does get excited about new quitters. Just, um, be aware, Flash really does get excited about all kinds of things. Yes, really. Yes, that kind of excited.

Fair warning.
Don't worry though, I wear a condom when I post. I do realize now that I told you earlier you were in December, but i was thinking of another recent person to join who had already been quit a while. I'm in the middle of budget madness, all the while trying to masturbate and post all at the same time. It gets confusing. 'Crazy'

Still, welcome. And by the way, I'm more entertaining than dangerous.
"The second you stop and believe your own hype, you've lost."
   - Mark Owen, Navy Seal & Author: No Easy Day

Offline Gump

• Quitter
    • framedartexpert.com
  • Interests: my daughterquittingwinningbusinessrock climbingbodybuildingguitarscubasnowboardingtheaterlive bandsdead bandspretty much anything in naturenot having nature invite itself into my househelping other people to quit nicotineAtlanta Picture Framer
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 09:36:00 PM »
Quote from: flashman
Friend, you are simply in the right place at the right time. No matter if you've dipped for a day or a lifetime, the time to quit is now. You was worried about a story. How's this, "One more quits dip and saves his life." That gets me excited. I am so glad you are here and will support you no matter how tough or how trivial it turns out to be.

We've talked before and, according to your quit date, you are in December '09. Hang in there and post often. Tell them how you are feeling, good or bad. Make friends there and get phone numbers. Any friend or family you have that aren't addicted to that shit will not understand what you will go through, but we will.

Our quit brothers have all pretty much covered it here, es. Welcome.

Oh, one thing. Flash really does get excited about new quitters. Just, um, be aware, Flash really does get excited about all kinds of things. Yes, really. Yes, that kind of excited.

Fair warning.
"Stupid is as stupid does"

Quit nicotine 9/1/09

Framed Art Expert

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 07:43:00 PM »

Sm
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline bigron

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love being outdoors. Hiking,fishing,hunting,hiking and backpacking
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 05:33:00 PM »
I wished I had sense enough to quit the stuff when I was your age. Now 35 years later and missing a few teeth I finally grew some balls and decide to kick this pain for the rest of my life. Hang tough and get your support here.
When the Quit get tough. The Tough stays Quit

Offline es2422

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 04:58:00 PM »
thank you all for your kind words, this is exactly why I was interested in this site and in only two days I already feel the strong support I need

Offline kratebike

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Cars, Trucks, Tractors, Airplanes
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 04:45:00 PM »
I'm only 25 and I'm on here.

If there's one thing I learned at college, it's that COLLEGE CHICKS HATE CHEW!!!!!!!
Welcome to Utah

Offline cdforecheck

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Buckeye Football, Ice Hockey
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 04:30:00 PM »
dude wish i had the balls to quit in my freshman year, now i'm 40 and have missed so much with the family for a stupid plastic can...welcome aboard
Go Bucks! Quit Date: 12-23-2011

Offline flash

• Proverbs 1:7
  • Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fools despise wisdom and instruction.
  • Quit Date: June 17, 2009
  • Interests: All sports, reading, movies, music. I like poetry, taking long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
  • Likes Given: 358
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 04:14:00 PM »

"The second you stop and believe your own hype, you've lost."
   - Mark Owen, Navy Seal & Author: No Easy Day

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 03:59:00 PM »
You want a story? I have a close friend, let's call him Dave.

Dave loved tobacco. Dave would snort it through a dollar bill back when he was in middle school. He started with that fine ground stuff meant for sniffing, but soon the buzz went away. So, he started snorting Copenhagen fine cut. He would cut it down further with a razor blade. Yes, it had a tendency to cause bloody noses, but it provided a helluva punch. For a while. Dave continued his search for the perfect buzz and he started snorting Kodiak, fiberglass and all. After a few years of snorting Kodiak, Dave's septum gave way so that he could string a noodle from one nostril to the next. He kept at it. Now that his nostril cavity was doubled in size, he began storing the Kodiak in his nose for hours on end. He no longer had bloody noses, but he did develop a rather nasty post tobacco drip. Catching a cold was no concern for Dave. Until the day came when he had packed a huge nose chaw and let loose with an incredible sneeze. He had packed the chew so tight, that there was no exit for this mucousy explosion. The force of the sneeze caused a golf ball sized bubble to form out of the side of his weakened nose. At 20, Dave had an ever-growing tobacco filled goiter hanging off the side of his nose. Dave's post tobacco drip ended as the chew mucous now pooled in the taut bubble. Larger and darker it grew, wobbling like an African breast. Dave continued shoving chew up his nose. He hated himself for it. But quitting tobacco is the hardest thing in the world. He knew it was impossible so he never bothered to try. Better to live a life with a huge bag of decaying chew spit hanging from your face than to take control of your life.

Actually, I like your story better.

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
  • Interests: Gym and Coaching and Running Pop Warner Program. I'll fuck all you mother fuckers up.
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 03:42:00 PM »
There's plenty of quitters on here around your age and a ton of guys in their 20's. So you have lots in common. Lots.

You're right, don't quit now and you wake up one day and your 30, or 40 and still dipping like a fag.

Good move.

Stories don't have to be exciting or funny. Common ground is we all choose to quit.

Read and post roll and use the site for everything you need.
football rules, soccer drools

HOF: July 7th, 2009

Offline DanTheMan

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: My Kids and Wife, wishing the Bears didn't suck, Sausage, Veterinary business, bird watching, weight lifting, being happy, improving my life, and being thankful for what I have
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 03:41:00 PM »
If you're a tobacco user and need help quitting - YOU belong here. There are no "badges of honor" given for number of years engaging in the habit. Don't let anything/one make you feel inferior for chewing for only 4 years.

Let me tell you friend, you couldn't have picked a better time in your life to quit!!!! Assuming you're a dude,,,your chances of picking up college chics just increased dramatically!!!! or to be politically correct - picking up a special friend depending on your sex/sexual preferences....But most importantly quitting means saving your life. Go into the Jan '10 quit group, post roll everyday, stay close to the website, read as much as possible, get to know people. Send me a PM if you need anything. You will do this!!!
"Making and keeping promises to yourself is the foundation for developing character and integrity"

QD: 2/25/09
HOF: 6/4/09
2nd Floor: 9/12/09
3rd Floor: 12/21/09
1 Year: 2/25/10
4th Floor: 3/31/10
5th Floor: 7/9/10
6th Floor: 10/17/10
7th Floor: 1/25/11
2 Years: 2/25/11
8th Floor: 5/5/11
9th Floor: 8/13/11
10th Floor: 11/21/11
3 Years: 2/25/12
11th Floor: 2/29/12
12th Floor: 6/8/12
13th Floor: 9/16/12
14th Floor: 12/25/12
4 Years: 2/25/13
15th Floor: 4/4/13
16th Floor: 7/13/13
17th Floor: 10/21/13
18th Floor: 1/29/13
5 Years: 2/25/14
19th Floor: 5/9/14
20th Floor: 8/19/14
21st Floor: 11/25/14
6 Years: 2/25/15
22nd Floor: 3/5/15
23rd Floor: 6/13/15
24th Floor: 9/21/15
25th Floor: 12/30/15
7 Years: 2/25/16
26th Floor: 4/8/16
27th Floor: 7/17/16
28th Floor: 10/25/16
29th Floor: 2/2/2017
8 Years: 2/25/17
30th Floor: 5/13/17
31st Floor: 8/21/17

Offline es2422

Stopping while I can
« on: October 01, 2009, 03:02:00 PM »