Author Topic: New Quitter  (Read 1034 times)

Offline Bill Dance

• Quitter
  • Nic is now MY Bitch!!
  • Quit Date: 11/5/2016
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Quitter
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2016, 10:29:00 PM »
Quote from: Zombie
THanks all, Im at 24 hours dip free and Im ready to kill the next person I see.....serisouly though. Im glad you guys are here and sticking it out with me. Im going to try that gallon of water idea. I need to get this stuff out of my system anyway. 'zombie'
I think the first day is by far the hardest...especially that night! I quit ( again) on This past Sunday so today is 4 days for me and I can tell you that Sunday and Sunday night was the worst day so far....followed closely by today ( day 4). I woke up like every 5 minutes all night long Sunday night until I finally just got up out of bed and cut the tv on and stared at the wall.

You have to keep everything on a much smaller level bc even know when I think if "never getting to dip again" it overwhelms me and it tears my nerves up. I been dipping for 24 years and quit once before for almost 9 months why in the hell I ever let myself put another dip in I will never know and will never forgive myself for doing it either. I had it beat and let my guard down for one little second by thinking that I could just have 1 little dip for old time sake and then put it back down and walk away.....well every one of us here has an addictive personality so that one last little dip for old times sake was just another lie that I told myself...

I have to take it minute by minute. And I have talked to myself more in the last 4 days than I have in the last 40 years. One of the things that pisses me off the most is knowing that I'm trapped by my addiction and can't just walk away from it with no side effects or hangovers. I always been a strong willed free thinker....a leader and never a follower.....and to realize that something has this much control over my life pissed me off to no end and was one of the biggest reasons that I was determined to finally quit once and for all

After about 3 days all the nicotine is out of your system and from that point on , it's a mind game.. You have to train your mind to follow your heart and after that your body will follow, it has too. There is nobody alive that can stay sitting down if their mind is telling them to stand up or vice versa.....your body HAS to obey what your brain tells it to do, period. Therefore you have to train your mind and then your body will follow

I have thought about running back to the can several times in the last 4 days but I tell you the truth, the first day was so freakin bad on me that I didn't want to ever have to go through that again so I refused to go buy a can and take a dip.

Tomorrow stArts day 5 and I will again take it minute by minute and hour by hour.....I really believe that if I can make it through Sunday and a full week then in my mind I will have it beat and will never look back. I just need to get to Sunday to prove to myself that I can lay it down and walk Away.....After that it's game on and I will be free because at this point in my life, I simply refuse to lose!

Good luck brother! Remember keep your head down and keep your goals short term for now
The BEST day to quit was Yesterday, the second best day is TODAY!

Offline Zombie Jak

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-11-10
  • Interests: Im just your average neighborhood Zombie. I go fishing, play guitar and gnaw on the occassional brain. I may chew brains from time to time....but I sure as shit dont chew tobacco. Not any more. I am a quitter!!
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2016, 09:35:00 PM »
THanks all, Im at 24 hours dip free and Im ready to kill the next person I see.....serisouly though. Im glad you guys are here and sticking it out with me. Im going to try that gallon of water idea. I need to get this stuff out of my system anyway. 'zombie'
positivity zombie says "Positivity is contagious....go bite your coworkers"

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2016, 05:57:00 PM »
Quote from: dieselchick87
Good afternoon Quitters. I started dipping back in college, about 9 years ago. After college I went straight in to the Army and dipped on a near daily basis through 8 and a half years of service, including two deployments. Im sure I dont have to tell you the military doesnt frown on the habit, so environmentally there was never a reason to quit. WEll, I got out the Army recently and my new job not only discourages it, but has some stiff penalties insurance wise for being a nicotine user of any kind.
Above and beyond work, Im really tired of hiding it from my wife. I told her I quit a long time ago. My daughter likes to help me work in my wood shop and is always asking me "why do you spit so much?" Additionally, my Uncle died last year from lung cancer because of cigarettes.

Im tired of nasty spit bottles and raw gum. Tired of making up excuses to get away from my kids briefly so I can get a pinch in.

Im not letting dip control one more minute of my life.

Thanks for support from all of you, makes me feel really great that I have a support network I can lean on. I feel like IM going to need it, Im not even 24 hours in to my quit and I feel like hell. 'zombie'
Hey and welcome to the best support group in the world

I want to get one thing out of the way nicotine is an addiction not a habit if it was a habit you would not need help to stay quit.

Now that that is out of the way

*set out to drink a gallon of water a day I know that seems like a lot but hear me out take a drink of water for every craving trust me you will get to a gallon quick

**trade numbers with someone in your Feb. Quit group accountability is what makes this group work. knowing that there are people who will blow up your phone if you don't post roll by a certain time is a strong reminder to post roll early....that leads to ....

*** Post Roll Early don't post at noon or at 3pm or 5 pm (unless you work an off shift then tell your group so they don't beat you up for posting late) my morning routine wake up use the restroom turn the tv on and Post roll (less then 5 minutes from the time my alarm goes off)

Those are my top 3 tips glad you are here!
Zombie,
My 3 pieces of advice to accompany DieselChick87:
1. This is your quit; we can provide all the help possible but we can't care more than you
2. Tell you wife about the website and why you need our help, at first it will be hard but when you tell her you posted x days, she will be proud
3. The freedom from chew is liberating, celebrate with your family, KTC and be proud of it.

Lastly, thanks for your service!
ID Spuds

Offline Dieselchick87

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mud Drag Racing (2017 first year behind the wheel)My pups (German shepherd & Chihuahua)
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2016, 05:26:00 PM »
Good afternoon Quitters. I started dipping back in college, about 9 years ago. After college I went straight in to the Army and dipped on a near daily basis through 8 and a half years of service, including two deployments. Im sure I dont have to tell you the military doesnt frown on the habit, so environmentally there was never a reason to quit. WEll, I got out the Army recently and my new job not only discourages it, but has some stiff penalties insurance wise for being a nicotine user of any kind.
Above and beyond work, Im really tired of hiding it from my wife. I told her I quit a long time ago. My daughter likes to help me work in my wood shop and is always asking me "why do you spit so much?" Additionally, my Uncle died last year from lung cancer because of cigarettes.

Im tired of nasty spit bottles and raw gum. Tired of making up excuses to get away from my kids briefly so I can get a pinch in.

Thanks for support from all of you, makes me feel really great that I have a support network I can lean on. I feel like IM going to need it, Im not even 24 hours in to my quit and I feel like hell. 'zombie'
Hey and welcome to the best support group in the world

I want to get one thing out of the way nicotine is an addiction not a habit if it was a habit you would not need help to stay quit.

Now that that is out of the way

*set out to drink a gallon of water a day I know that seems like a lot but hear me out take a drink of water for every craving trust me you will get to a gallon quick

**trade numbers with someone in your Feb. Quit group accountability is what makes this group work. knowing that there are people who will blow up your phone if you don't post roll by a certain time is a strong reminder to post roll early....that leads to ....

*** Post Roll Early don't post at noon or at 3pm or 5 pm (unless you work an off shift then tell your group so they don't beat you up for posting late) my morning routine wake up use the restroom turn the tv on and Post roll (less then 5 minutes from the time my alarm goes off)

Those are my top 3 tips glad you are here!

Offline Zombie Jak

• Quitter
  • Interests: Im just your average neighborhood Zombie. I go fishing, play guitar and gnaw on the occassional brain. I may chew brains from time to time....but I sure as shit dont chew tobacco. Not any more. I am a quitter!!
New Quitter
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 04:51:00 PM »

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 10:58:00 AM »
Can we have a mod combine the 2 intros please?
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline tljent79

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-11-02
  • Interests: Spending time with my family, being outdoors, music, & traveling.
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 05:26:00 PM »
Thank you for your service to our country. You are in our February quit group. Post roll and get to know the crew. We are in this together. Several of us have swapped numbers and text some encouragement messages and serve as lifelines when needed. Feel free to pm if you'd like to do the same. Welcome and congratulations on the quit.
"I'd like to think of myself as the flavor of the decade." - Ron Paul

Offline Zombie Jak

• Quitter
New Quitter
« on: November 10, 2016, 04:51:00 PM »