Author Topic: * brsammons March HOF  (Read 3189 times)

Offline brsammons

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
* brsammons March HOF
« on: March 26, 2019, 11:46:23 AM »
Addiction is defined as "the fact or condition of being addicted to a particular substance, thing, or activity."  Some quote Albert Einstein as saying "the definition of insanity was doing something over and over again, while expecting a different result".  When i first started my quit journey, i failed. Tried again, i failed. I would tell myself, just one more dip, or one more pinch.  Well, i cant quit until the 1st of the month.  I cant quit until i finish this can. I cant quit until i get through this issue.  After many attempts and many times of telling myself that i cant, i did.  Excuses are like assholes.  Everybody has one, just some stink more than others.  I started dipping 13 years ago when i was in the Air Force.  Never smoked, drank socially, and on one card game night i was offered a dip........ and i was hooked.  When i met my wife i had been dipping for 5 years, and after the wedding i became the biggest ninja dipper ever.  I would go for a ride, go the gym, go to lowes, go anywhere to get that fix.  Then 1 year after being married, we had our 1st baby girl, and i said i was going to quit. The anxiety, fear, depression hit......... and i went back to it.  I told myself i would rather have that shit in my mouth than be crazy.  Baby girl 2 came. Same thing, tried to quit. Our son came, and same result.  Then baby girl 4 came jan1st.  (this is our last) And, i have had enough.  I was soooo tired of the lying, cheating, and the bad example i was setting for my children.  The point i'm trying to make is, its all about time.  Don't be afraid That this stuff is going to kill you... none of us are getting out of here alive.  But, what we as a collective are fighting for is TIME.  The time you're spending away from your kids, wife, possibly shortening your life here on earth.  So, quit making the excuses... "just one more pinch", "There's a little left in the can".  The best advice i can give to someone is dump it, don't look back and do whatever in the hell keeps you busy as shit until you go to sleep.  If its yard-work, working on the car, go to the gym....... walk, run, do whatever it takes to keep your mind off dip, and focused on something else. I wish you all the best, and if you do need someone to lean on, vent to, ask questions, the people are all here, ready and waiting.  This is the longest i have been without a dip in 13 years.... and i'm not looking back.  oh, more advice.... quit looking in your mouth.  That is what drs, and dentist are for.  And, none of us got our MD license from Web MD, so stay off the internet.  You will drive yourself crazy with that stuff. Go on there with a paper cut, and by the time you get off, you will have HIV, Cancer, and everything else under the sun. Take it one day at the time, and remember that you are in control. Bible verse for you.  James 1 2-3  2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.   Give it to God brothers and sisters.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 10:12:50 AM by chewie »