Author Topic: What now?  (Read 6410 times)

Offline Air Force ADDICT

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: Wife & kids, mountian biking/cycling, running, surfing/body surfing... Pretty much anything outdoors.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: What now?
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 10:18:00 AM »
Quote from: mb289
Welcome Air Force! The only way to be quit is to KNOW you can do it. You have to make the decision to quit and stay quit. There are lots of quitters on this forum that have chewed much longer than you and are quit. I only bring this up to let you know that you can do it. PM me if I can help and I'll quit with you.

mb289
mb289,

Thanks for the advice man. I believe that I can do it but I just get those miscellaneous doubts that rock the boat. I appreciate your help.

Offline LeonardThompson

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 10:11:00 PM »
"I don't think I can." Dude...unless you have somebody jumping out at you every half hour or so and conking you over the head, and then stuffing dip in your face...that's bullshit.

I don't think I can = I don't think I want to try.

Trust me. You can do this. We've ALL been where you are. I once told my wife I'd die if I didn't dip. I've now gone 50 days quit. I dipped for 30 years. I'm a goddam nicotine crack whore. If I CAN. You CAN.

Let's get this thing cracking, boy. I'll quit with you. Throw your shit away, post roll.

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 07:56:00 AM »
You. CAN do it if you have the right attitude. Thinking you can't is not gonna cut it. We don't think, hope, or try here. WE QUIT!!! It's that simple. I was a 20+ year dipper with a few stops along the way. I also am a 13 year Air Force veteran so I get it. Get on board this crazy train and be quit. One day at a time is how we roll.

You will be tested with plenty for the next little while. It's gonna suck, then it won't. Posting Roll makes this work but you gotta be committed and do it daily.

Offline mb289

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/17/2014
  • Interests: Motorcycling, camping and welding
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 06:52:00 AM »
Welcome Air Force! The only way to be quit is to KNOW you can do it. You have to make the decision to quit and stay quit. There are lots of quitters on this forum that have chewed much longer than you and are quit. I only bring this up to let you know that you can do it. PM me if I can help and I'll quit with you.

mb289

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 09:42:00 PM »
Great intro. Your problem is no different then 1000's of others that have joined this site and have been successful.

First things first. This will be the last time you say you don't know if you can. That is so far from the truth and it's the first lie you must overcome.

With the knowledge and accountability this site offers you can and will defeat this foe.

Go to top left and read what's in the welcome center. Learn how and why we post roll. Pay particular attention to why. You can keep your word for a day, right? That's all we require my friend. We beat the poison by using accountability, our word, determination and drive.

Start reading everything you can on your addition/nicotine. There is a lot of good information on this site. Look around, get acquainted. It's time to take back what belongs to you. Lets start with your dignity and integrity.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 09:39:00 PM »
Quote from: Air
I just joined KTC 2 days ago (April 10th) when I finally decided to give up tobacco altogether. 16 years (half my life) of chewing, dipping  smoking tobacco  I am so SICK of it. Enough is enough. I hate this crap  I hate the man I've become b/c of it. It's time to make some serious changes  actually live a clean life. As much as I desire to be tobacco free I have to be honest w/ myself b/c I don't think I can actually do it. And that is why I am here pleading for your help. If you have any words of wisdom to share I would greatly appreciate it.

Respectfully,

Air Force ADDICT
Just do it.

Lean on us. Immerse yourself in KTC. It works.

Let us know when all your shit is flushed. And as soon as it is post roll with JULY 2014.

Read and digest the welcome center. It explains everything.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 09:38:00 PM »
Quote from: Air
I just joined KTC 2 days ago (April 10th) when I finally decided to give up tobacco altogether. 16 years (half my life) of chewing, dipping  smoking tobacco  I am so SICK of it. Enough is enough. I hate this crap  I hate the man I've become b/c of it. It's time to make some serious changes  actually live a clean life. As much as I desire to be tobacco free I have to be honest w/ myself b/c I don't think I can actually do it. And that is why I am here pleading for your help. If you have any words of wisdom to share I would greatly appreciate it.

Respectfully,

Air Force ADDICT
To paraphrase Henry Ford, 'If you think you can, or think you can't...you're right.'
Know you can, I know I can quit because I am quit. When you know you can, you have come to the right place.
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline Air Force ADDICT

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: Wife & kids, mountian biking/cycling, running, surfing/body surfing... Pretty much anything outdoors.
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 09:07:00 PM »

Respectfully,

Air Force ADDICT

Offline Air Force ADDICT

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
What now?
« on: April 12, 2014, 09:07:00 PM »