Author Topic: Roll Call 2006  (Read 23899 times)

Offline LDIDDY

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Come & Take It - & Die Trying
  • Quit Date: 12-29-2005
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Roll Call 2006
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2006, 09:32:00 PM »
Quote from: 7iron
Quote from: LDiddy
[posted this in the QS2 cafe]

Fellow quitters,

I have received a few phone calls today and several PM's as well asking about my opinion.  While I realize not everyone wants to know what I have to say, I am humbled that my input is important to some of you.

I still am not sure what to make of all this. I see valid points on both sides. Until I can collect my thoughts and articulate them effectively, I'm gonna keep my mouth shut. I just didn't want you to confuse my silence for indifference.

During the next day or so, I will probably put some thoughts down on "paper" and post them here in the cafe (I believe this is an acceptable place to make such a post).  Again, I realize my thoughts on the subject may not be important to some, perhaps many, of you.  However, for those that have asked, I wanted you to know that I plan on sharing my opinion in the near future.

I will say this though, the most important thing is that each of us remain quit.  today, we made the promise, "no tobacco today" and tomorrow we will make that same promise.

Stay strong, stay quit!
7iron,

as always, your post are well thought out (even if they are a little long winded :D )

Please make sure you also post your thoughts here. Many of the brothers on this site, unforunatly (wheres that dam spell check Remy?, are "suspended" from the other one.

I honestly don't think the majority of the guys here have an axe to grind. As someone said to day, just simply time to move on.

Stay strong and stay quit.
A little long winded. Come on man, give me some credit ... they can be extremely long winded. ;)

I wish I knew the whole story (well, I think so anyway)

The old site shut down when I was about a month into my quit ... that was handled in a much better way (on both sides). I feel for the new quitters who may not be getting as much help as I did early on. _
OK, have it your way, Really Long Winded... _

Just glad you are over here to support the newbies.
What's the difference between a liberal and a puppy??? The puppy stops whining and shitting on everything when he grows up.

Offline Highway48

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2006, 08:42:00 PM »
Home of The Free Roll Call
11-21-2006

LDiddy - Day 327
Remshot - Day 302 or so.
SOS - Day I don't know without Aqua posting first - 321
Aqua -- Day 322
iuchewie ~ Day 121 (11/21/06)
12171976 - Day 113
QuittinTime ~ Day 303
Bogey -- Day 325
7iron - Day 235
outdoortexan-day 424
musicluvah - Day 128
Moto - See what happens when I go to Vegas
dionnja - 134
Aqua -- Day 323
GMS - Day 159
Steevo - Day 149
Highway48 - Day 86
Quit: 02.06.12
HOF: 05.15.12
200: 08.23.12
300: 12.01.12
400: 03.11.13
500: 06.19.13

MY WEEKLY UPDATE

Offline 7iron

• Quitter
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2006, 08:17:00 PM »
Quote from: LDiddy

Fellow quitters,

I have received a few phone calls today and several PM's as well asking about my opinion.  While I realize not everyone wants to know what I have to say, I am humbled that my input is important to some of you.

I still am not sure what to make of all this. I see valid points on both sides. Until I can collect my thoughts and articulate them effectively, I'm gonna keep my mouth shut. I just didn't want you to confuse my silence for indifference.

During the next day or so, I will probably put some thoughts down on "paper" and post them here in the cafe (I believe this is an acceptable place to make such a post).  Again, I realize my thoughts on the subject may not be important to some, perhaps many, of you.  However, for those that have asked, I wanted you to know that I plan on sharing my opinion in the near future.

I will say this though, the most important thing is that each of us remain quit.  today, we made the promise, "no tobacco today" and tomorrow we will make that same promise.

Stay strong, stay quit!
7iron,

as always, your post are well thought out (even if they are a little long winded :D )

Please make sure you also post your thoughts here. Many of the brothers on this site, unforunatly (wheres that dam spell check Remy?, are "suspended" from the other one.

I honestly don't think the majority of the guys here have an axe to grind. As someone said to day, just simply time to move on.

A little long winded. Come on man, give me some credit ... they can be extremely long winded. ;)

I wish I knew the whole story (well, I think so anyway)

The old site shut down when I was about a month into my quit ... that was handled in a much better way (on both sides). I feel for the new quitters who may not be getting as much help as I did early on. _
Quit Date: April 1st, 2006

The anticipation of the guilt that would result from giving myself cancer hit me square in the face. And so I quit. I no longer use chewing tobacco.

Do not ask what quitting will cost you. Rather, determine in your mind that you are willing to pay the price, whatever it is, to be free.

7iron's HOF speech: No Tobacco Today

Offline LDIDDY

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2006, 07:57:00 PM »

Fellow quitters,

I have received a few phone calls today and several PM's as well asking about my opinion. While I realize not everyone wants to know what I have to say, I am humbled that my input is important to some of you.

During the next day or so, I will probably put some thoughts down on "paper" and post them here in the cafe (I believe this is an acceptable place to make such a post). Again, I realize my thoughts on the subject may not be important to some, perhaps many, of you. However, for those that have asked, I wanted you to know that I plan on sharing my opinion in the near future.

I will say this though, the most important thing is that each of us remain quit. today, we made the promise, "no tobacco today" and tomorrow we will make that same promise.

Stay strong, stay quit!
7iron,

What's the difference between a liberal and a puppy??? The puppy stops whining and shitting on everything when he grows up.

Offline 7iron

• Quitter
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2006, 07:52:00 PM »

Fellow quitters,

I have received a few phone calls today and several PM's as well asking about my opinion. While I realize not everyone wants to know what I have to say, I am humbled that my input is important to some of you.

During the next day or so, I will probably put some thoughts down on "paper" and post them here in the cafe (I believe this is an acceptable place to make such a post). Again, I realize my thoughts on the subject may not be important to some, perhaps many, of you. However, for those that have asked, I wanted you to know that I plan on sharing my opinion in the near future.

I will say this though, the most important thing is that each of us remain quit. today, we made the promise, "no tobacco today" and tomorrow we will make that same promise.

Stay strong, stay quit!
Quit Date: April 1st, 2006

The anticipation of the guilt that would result from giving myself cancer hit me square in the face. And so I quit. I no longer use chewing tobacco.

Do not ask what quitting will cost you. Rather, determine in your mind that you are willing to pay the price, whatever it is, to be free.

7iron's HOF speech: No Tobacco Today

Offline LDIDDY

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2006, 07:48:00 PM »
GMS  Steevo, welcome

Offline Steevo

• Quitter
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2006, 07:45:00 PM »
11-21-2006

LDiddy - Day 327
Remshot - Day 302 or so.
Aqua -- Day 322
12171976 - Day 113
QuittinTime ~ Day 303
Bogey -- Day 325
7iron - Day 235
outdoortexan-day 424
musicluvah - Day 128
dionnja - 134
Aqua -- Day 323
GMS - Day 159
Steevo - Day 149
Men's natures are alike, it is their habits that carry them far apart.
- Confucius

Original Quit date - 6/26/06 (left here for shame)
HOF date - 10/3/06
FAIL - early 2010 or late 2009 (can't remember in the haze of stupidity)
Final quit date - 7/24/11

Offline Remshot

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • The One
  • Quit Date: January 23, 2006
  • Interests: Family
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2006, 07:11:00 PM »
Quote from: CoryB
---registered
Welcome Drama Queen!
QSXtreme

Quit -1/23/06
HOF -5/02/06 May 2006 Drama Queens

Proverbs 18:2

"A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion."

A Quit Plan: Do you have one?

CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit.
After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco. SportDad 1/13/05

Warm summer sun, shine kindly here;
Warm southern wind, blow softly here;
Green sod above, lie light, lie light.-
Good-night, dear heart, good-night.

Be silly, be honest, be kind

Offline Remshot

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • The One
  • Quit Date: January 23, 2006
  • Interests: Family
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2006, 07:11:00 PM »
Quote from: GMS
I don't have tons of free time myself, nor do I know anything about HTML, but I've got some suggestions to make. In order to let new quitters find this place we need two things. 1) an easier domain name that redirects to here. Personally I have no idea how to do this, but I'm never going to remember that Z11, or z11 thing I have to put in to get here now. 2) We'll need a front page. Nothing fancy, just something about quitting dip with plenty of terms that someone who is fed up with being addicted might type into google.

Thanks for getting this place set up....

-Greg
It is all on the list.... :ph43r:
QSXtreme

Quit -1/23/06
HOF -5/02/06 May 2006 Drama Queens

Proverbs 18:2

"A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion."

A Quit Plan: Do you have one?

CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit.
After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco. SportDad 1/13/05

Warm summer sun, shine kindly here;
Warm southern wind, blow softly here;
Green sod above, lie light, lie light.-
Good-night, dear heart, good-night.

Be silly, be honest, be kind

Offline CoryB

• Quitter
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2006, 06:46:00 PM »
---registered

Deleted User (CoryB)

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2006, 06:45:00 PM »
Whats up biatches.

Where ever there is profanity, there is CoryB.

Offline GMS

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2006, 05:42:00 PM »
I don't have tons of free time myself, nor do I know anything about HTML, but I've got some suggestions to make. In order to let new quitters find this place we need two things. 1) an easier domain name that redirects to here. Personally I have no idea how to do this, but I'm never going to remember that Z11, or z11 thing I have to put in to get here now. 2) We'll need a front page. Nothing fancy, just something about quitting dip with plenty of terms that someone who is fed up with being addicted might type into google.

Thanks for getting this place set up....

-Greg

Offline GMS

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2006, 05:37:00 PM »
11-21-2006

LDiddy - Day 327
Remshot - Day 302 or so.
Aqua -- Day 322
12171976 - Day 113
QuittinTime ~ Day 303
Bogey -- Day 325
7iron - Day 235
outdoortexan-day 424
musicluvah - Day 128
dionnja - 134
Aqua -- Day 323
GMS - Day 159

Offline Aquaman43

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Bad Wolf - July 2021
  • Interests: SCUBA, but my ears are blown, martial arts, travel with my wife.
  • Likes Given: 492
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2006, 02:44:00 PM »
11-21-2006

LDiddy - Day 327
Remshot - Day 302 or so.
Aqua -- Day 322
12171976 - Day 113
QuittinTime ~ Day 303
Bogey -- Day 325
7iron - Day 235
outdoortexan-day 424
musicluvah - Day 128
dionnja - 134
Aqua -- Day 323
"Ninety-nine percent of all failures come from people who have a habit of making excuses.” ~ George Washington Carver

”Everything you want is just outside your comfort zone.” ~ Robert Allen

"Stay Strapped or get Clapped" ~ George Washington

Offline dionnja1

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2006, 02:41:00 PM »
11-21-2006

LDiddy - Day 327
Remshot - Day 302 or so.