Author Topic: General Discussion - 2018  (Read 90712 times)

Offline BubbaM

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: General Discussion - 2018
« Reply #477 on: June 02, 2018, 11:36:00 PM »
Why do we put Nicotine products on our alternative page here? I was buying some different alternatives and there are a few that have nicotine. These should be taken down so people do not get confused and buy them.

Offline blugold

« Reply #476 on: May 31, 2018, 05:40:00 PM »
After quitting recently, I have been hyper sensitive to my gums and jaw

A few days ago, I noticed a weird indent or receding gum line on the right side of my mouth - basically under my teeth/jaw line. It looks like my gums are sinking in.

The thing is, that isn't even the side i help my dips on - I used the other side of my mouth, so I have no idea why this is happening, or if this is just normal.

Pic of my mouth

I know I should talk to my dentist, and I have my appointment scheduled, but wanted to get opinions to hold me over until I go in to see her.

In the pic - on the left side of the pic, you can see the area under my teeth is sunken in compared to the right side of the pic - but again, that isn't the side where I held my chew - so I don't know why it would be impacted by the tobacco

Offline CLEalt

• Quit Master
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Sports (Cleveland and Ohio State), news (politics and international affairs), gaming, Netflix & Chill, and quitting.
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #475 on: May 30, 2018, 12:19:00 PM »
Quote from: blugold
Quote from: CLEalt
Quote from: BubbaM
Quote from: David
anyone had jake's mint chew cinnamon pouches before?

gave them a try for the first time this week and my gums are so damn tore up - my gums are killing me- it hurts when I chew food, it hurts to touch my jaw. they are all bruised in the two spots I had the pouches.

my mouth/gums never hurt this bad when I was chewing the real stuff

anyone else experience this?
I tried a variety of Jakes early in my quit. All of it RIPPED MY MOUTH to shreds....eventually found Smokey Mountain....better flavors....didn't shred my mouth at all like Jakes...
ThatÂ’s great! I will give those a try!

Appreciate the tip!
I do smokey and hooch, they both seem to tear me up a bit but I believe itÂ’s because our mouths are not getting tore up by fiber glass anymore. Our mouth are probly more sensitive now that we actually have skin growing back.
Lol I literally just ordered Jake's cinnamon pouches. I really liked the regular cinnamon mint chew (non-pouches) except for how messy it was. So, I just ordered the pouches hoping that they would be a non-messy alternative, as well as one that I can discreetly use at work. Hopefully it doesn't tear my mouth up.
They give a good sting at the beginning for about 2-3 minutes but then that wears off and they are enjoyable!

I have been using the pouches for 2 weeks now and they don't tear me up like they did those first few days.

Enjoy them! The cinnamon bite is the closest thing I have found to the bite of "normal" chew and I like that.

I use them at work too - very discrete!
@Blugold, Nice! That sounds exactly like what I'm looking for.

Offline blugold

« Reply #474 on: May 30, 2018, 11:58:00 AM »
Quote from: CLEalt

gave them a try for the first time this week and my gums are so damn tore up - my gums are killing me- it hurts when I chew food, it hurts to touch my jaw. they are all bruised in the two spots I had the pouches.

I tried a variety of Jakes early in my quit. All of it RIPPED MY MOUTH to shreds....eventually found Smokey Mountain....better flavors....didn't shred my mouth at all like Jakes...

Appreciate the tip!
I do smokey and hooch, they both seem to tear me up a bit but I believe itÂ’s because our mouths are not getting tore up by fiber glass anymore. Our mouth are probly more sensitive now that we actually have skin growing back.
Lol I literally just ordered Jake's cinnamon pouches. I really liked the regular cinnamon mint chew (non-pouches) except for how messy it was. So, I just ordered the pouches hoping that they would be a non-messy alternative, as well as one that I can discreetly use at work. Hopefully it doesn't tear my mouth up.
They give a good sting at the beginning for about 2-3 minutes but then that wears off and they are enjoyable!

I have been using the pouches for 2 weeks now and they don't tear me up like they did those first few days.

Enjoy them! The cinnamon bite is the closest thing I have found to the bite of "normal" chew and I like that.

I use them at work too - very discrete!

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1655
« Reply #473 on: May 29, 2018, 06:46:00 PM »
Hello there farpatch
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline CLEalt

• Quit Master
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Sports (Cleveland and Ohio State), news (politics and international affairs), gaming, Netflix & Chill, and quitting.
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #472 on: May 29, 2018, 02:57:00 PM »

Appreciate the tip!

Offline BubbaM

• Quitter
« Reply #471 on: May 26, 2018, 05:54:00 PM »

Appreciate the tip!

Offline blugold

« Reply #470 on: May 25, 2018, 05:04:00 PM »

Appreciate the tip!

Offline David S

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #469 on: May 25, 2018, 04:47:00 PM »

Offline blugold

« Reply #468 on: May 25, 2018, 10:23:00 AM »

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #467 on: May 24, 2018, 04:33:00 PM »
I spent all day today at the company wellness expo manning a table for nicotine cessation - a big KTC banner on the front of it. More than a few boys took home a trifold KTC brochure. A lot of information.
Would love to see some of them here this evening. Would absolutely make my day....

Brian 22 years current poison Marlboro menthols
Shake 6 years longhorn straight
Mug 14 years Marlboro menthol lite
Stank 20 years, now on the vape, not ready to quit
Flex 22 years Copenhagen
Corey 21 years Stokers mint
Colby Jack 9 years Grizzly
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 670
« Reply #466 on: May 24, 2018, 06:09:00 AM »
Quote from: gottadoit3
(time=1523934752)]
Quote from: JB65
Basically the three questions that provoke introspection on why you told Sept '17 to fuck off and broke your word to us. I just posted a 312 and here you are back at Day 1. That's gotta suck and I hope it does.

1. What happened that you broke your promise to us and decided to pick up a can?
I can't recall the details at this point but I took a dip.
2. Why did it happen?
I really wanted a dip
3. What are you going to do differently?
Not take a dip. Not miss roll. Not be so quick to give up. Drink more water, exercise. Don't drink alcohol. Chew gum when I want to. Use soda if I have to. Be ready for triggers and learn to ride them out. Think about my reasons for quitting hard when I want to cave. Talk to fellow members in order to create more accountability for myself and other people
4. Do you REALLY want to quit? It's 10:00 CST now and you're not on roll yet. Wake up, piss post...it doesn't look like you're serious.
Of course I am serious. Piss post... what makes you say that that's interesting
You can come back from this but you have to want it. July '18 AND Sept '17 will need your answers to these questions posted.
Broc
Are you saying to post them in those threads?
what the fuck you lousy ass shit. you never posted this in eether of the threds did you? or evin feb 18.. you no the groop you posted like 6 times in?

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #465 on: May 23, 2018, 01:20:00 PM »
Quote from: Athan
Quote from: Mike
Odd things I got back after quitting...
Passengers no longer have to hold their drinks. I have an open cup holder
No longer stealing straws so I can discretely spit into cups and cans
No longer swinging through a fast food place to order a drink i don't need so I can have a cup at my desk at work
Don't need to sit in the same spot on the couch so my spit cup is on the table near by
Not driving out of the way because the first gas station i went to was out of my dip. (Skoal mint extra)
No longer visiting gas stations for reasons other than to get gas
Spit stains on the side of the tub I had to clean but not really yet because Hootch stains too...
Feelings of anxiety when the can supply got lower than the expected time before I could drop in for a refill
Time in the morning I needed to wake up and let the Dip soak in before getting ready for the day
Ya feelin that Mike?
Feels like .......... FREEDOM!
Freeeeedom!

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #464 on: May 23, 2018, 10:49:00 AM »
No longer swinging through a fast food place to order a drink i don't need so I can have a cup at my desk at work
Don't need to sit in the same spot on the couch so my spit cup is on the table near by
Not driving out of the way because the first gas station i went to was out of my dip. (Skoal mint extra)
Spit stains on the side of the tub I had to clean but not really yet because Hootch stains too...
Feelings of anxiety when the can supply got lower than the expected time before I could drop in for a refill
Time in the morning I needed to wake up and let the Dip soak in before getting ready for the day
Ya feelin that Mike?
Feels like .......... FREEDOM!

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #463 on: May 23, 2018, 08:16:00 AM »
Keep it up Mike. This list will get about 10 times longer if you stick with it.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18