Author Topic: So Here I Be  (Read 469 times)

Offline Kdip

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quitting and helping others quit, riding my motorcycle, baseball, football, old furniture restoration, junk collecting, vintage arcade machines, rafting, tubing, camping, my family and dog
  • Likes Given: 295
Re: So Here I Be
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 09:04:00 PM »
Quote from: RaiderH8r
Thanks folks. So far, so good.
Ryan, good choice for joining. Post often and vent your raves and anger to this site when needed. The accountability and peer pressure has worked for me so far. I am on day 20 and I am finally starting to feel better. Good Luck and stay quit.

Offline RaiderH8r

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 04:46:00 PM »
Thanks folks. So far, so good.
Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 09:58:00 PM »
My name is Ryan (RaiderH8r) and I've dipped for about 20 years. Started when I was 12.

Dip has been with me through all of life's highs and lows. Work, play, stress, joy, she's always been there with her warm embrace. But she's a succubus that ultimately shits on your joy and steals your life away.

I've got a son (11 months old) and it's not that I don't want to die but I want to live to see how his life goes. To be there to answer his questions and all that shit. I definitely don't want to be some half faced cancer patient that he and his friends avoid. I want to be part of his life and a role model. Dipping is not the bar I want to set. If I'm going to expect he use no crutches in life I should do the same and it's time to start.

My wife...I married way above my standing, boxing out of my weight class if you will. She's understanding, compassionate, loyal, sexy, intelligent, sexy (yup, she's double sexy). It's time I make the commitment to her that nothing dictate my life or actions except my own will and determination. I owe it to her to be there as long as I'm allowed and not to take years off of my life because I can't control myself.

Finally, it's for me. I've worked hard and carved out a nice little existence for myself. I'm truly happy. It is long past time I kicked dip for myself to remove one more obstacle to sustained happiness and longevity. The story for dip ends with pain, misery, sorrow, and too often death. If I know the end of the story how stupid would I be to continue to live it? Is that the end I want? The answer is absolutely not. Since that's the answer the thing that is right for me is to kick the can and find a new hobby. Perhaps whittling.

Anyway, that's me. Mostly the good. I'm having a good day for some reason. The bad and the ugly will come at some point.

I came here because I see commitment, accountability, and support. My family supports me but they can't understand the ups and downs associated with this and I need to hear from others that do understand. Those who I know have the same cravings and issues I do and will bolster my resolve. And for that I owe them and the community my commitment to stay quit and to be there to bolster the resolve of others kicking, scratching, and clawing day by day to rid themselves of the succubus.
Sounds like you have the right frame of mind.

Welcome.

You can do this. We will help.

Stay close.

Offline T-squared

• Quitter
  • Interests: September 18,2008 - Not Serious[b]August 12, 2008 - Quit DateOctober 12, 2008 - Alcohol Free[/b][i]December 26, 2008 - HOFJanuary 19, 2009 - Alcohol 100 Days[/i]Ephesians 4:29-32
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 06:08:00 PM »
My name is Ryan (RaiderH8r) and I've dipped for about 20 years. Started when I was 12.

Dip has been with me through all of life's highs and lows. Work, play, stress, joy, she's always been there with her warm embrace. But she's a succubus that ultimately shits on your joy and steals your life away.

I've got a son (11 months old) and it's not that I don't want to die but I want to live to see how his life goes. To be there to answer his questions and all that shit. I definitely don't want to be some half faced cancer patient that he and his friends avoid. I want to be part of his life and a role model. Dipping is not the bar I want to set. If I'm going to expect he use no crutches in life I should do the same and it's time to start.

My wife...I married way above my standing, boxing out of my weight class if you will. She's understanding, compassionate, loyal, sexy, intelligent, sexy (yup, she's double sexy). It's time I make the commitment to her that nothing dictate my life or actions except my own will and determination. I owe it to her to be there as long as I'm allowed and not to take years off of my life because I can't control myself.

Finally, it's for me. I've worked hard and carved out a nice little existence for myself. I'm truly happy. It is long past time I kicked dip for myself to remove one more obstacle to sustained happiness and longevity. The story for dip ends with pain, misery, sorrow, and too often death. If I know the end of the story how stupid would I be to continue to live it? Is that the end I want? The answer is absolutely not. Since that's the answer the thing that is right for me is to kick the can and find a new hobby. Perhaps whittling.

Anyway, that's me. Mostly the good. I'm having a good day for some reason. The bad and the ugly will come at some point.

I came here because I see commitment, accountability, and support. My family supports me but they can't understand the ups and downs associated with this and I need to hear from others that do understand. Those who I know have the same cravings and issues I do and will bolster my resolve. And for that I owe them and the community my commitment to stay quit and to be there to bolster the resolve of others kicking, scratching, and clawing day by day to rid themselves of the succubus.
Bring it Raider. Thanks for telling your story.
A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has never overcome them.
Carl Jung

Ephesians 4:29-32

CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco. SportDad 1/13/05 via Remshot

Offline RaiderH8r

• Quitter
So Here I Be
« on: September 19, 2008, 02:40:00 PM »

Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?