Author Topic: intro  (Read 840 times)

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: intro
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 10:35:00 AM »
Congrats on being quit through labor day weekend. Here the number one rule on this site...post roll. Instructions below. When you post roll (you'll be in Dec 2014 pre HOF) you are making a one day promise not to dip for today. If you make that same promise every day and keep[ your word. You will beat this. And by doing so gain the support of thousands of other quitters. Take this seriously, and freedom is yours...Good luck.

1. Login, go to your quit page, think about what you are going to post.
2. Find the most recent post
3. hit F5 or refresh the page
4. Press "quote" on the roll
5. Click in the box that has all of the Roll posts (the lower box), hit CTRL-A to select all and Press CTRL-X to CUT, not copy-if you copy, then you'll double post roll.
6. Click to the reply window and press CTRL+V to paste it in. Then write in your name, day and your promise
7. Press submit-done.

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 07:59:00 AM »
CMack - day 6 you're doing great. You're past the point of nic in your system. Now it's all a crave and head game. Keep drinking plenty of water and put together a group of guys from December. All y'all should trade digits and start mini groups of 5 to 8 quitters. Between posting roll daily first thing and the text groups, the KTC process has been golden.

Offline jwright

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-01
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 06:56:00 AM »
Cmack,

Only my third day on here for me, but you just went from fighting a battle alone to having an army of brothers behind you... no joke! Every day, post roll and think about the concept of what that means (promising to everyone else in your quit group you won't use) and remind yourself that throughout the day.

Anyway, welcome, you are in the December 2014 HOF group with me, so shoot me a PM to say hi, share the same pain in the initial days here, or swap digits in case of a cave urgency.

jw
"Your net worth to the world is usually determined by what remains after your bad habits are subtracted from your good ones."

-Benjamin Franklin

Introduction

HOF Speech

Quit Date: September 1, 2014

Offline Landdon

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: June 18, 2014 is my first day of quit. I thank God, KTC, and my family for helping me.
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 06:37:00 AM »
Welcome and Grats on the best choice you've ever made! For KTC to work for you, you must use it as it's suppose to be used. You have to rely on the accountability system, and to do that you must post roll, and you must post roll every single day without exception. It should be the first thing you do every morning. Posting roll is the single most important thing you do as a KTC quitter. After that, you need to get some phone numbers of some quitters in your group, and use them as part of your cave plan. I suggest the person above and below you in your quit spreadsheet in your group.

That's enough info for now. Welcome, and I am quitting with you today!

Offline VAWilly

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 05:55:00 AM »
Welcome CMack, you've made a great choice. I endured a cycle of starting, worrying, stopping, failing, and regretting for 32 years. I was fortunate to stumble upon KTC. One day at a time is the way to do this (and to live well in general). My experience was that I could endure and win the raging battle in the early days of quitting. A week or so into a perfectly fine quit and the voice would whisper something like, "well now that you've won, maybe you should treat yourself to a chew; just one of course". And then I would find myself back in my dark, damp, stinky hole. There's something out there that wants me dead but it will settle for me chewing.

Be vigilant, post roll, read what others have to share.

Willy
Live Usefully

Offline cmack

• Quit Date: 2014-08-29
intro
« on: September 03, 2014, 02:40:00 AM »
Morning! Just wanted to introduce myself. I dipped for almost six years. Started one night after i had been drinking and have regretted it ever since. This is the second time ive tried quiting. The last time i went six months. Im tired of letting the bear control me and my life and my family. Had my last dip friday august 29, 2014. Managed to get through my first night back at work without giving into the bear! Its been along day but im ready to take on the next one.