Author Topic: NEW to KTC - Day 9 QUIT!  (Read 4329 times)

Offline Gunnar

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/8/2019
  • Likes Given: 35
Re: NEW to KTC - Day 9 QUIT!
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2019, 10:20:38 PM »
Towards the end of Day 12 (last night) I found myself in familiar territory. We (my youngest son and i) had just wrapped baseball practice and I was busting ass to get him over to his hockey game, at 9 pm! Well the fuel light dinged on the way there and my thoughts immediately turned to buying a tin at the gas station after filling up and my mouth started to water! Crazy as hell sensation. I started laughing to myself and the craving and turned my thoughts to roll call yesterday morning and now today and the promise to stay quit! The thoughts and watering stopped almost immediately. Amazing how powerful a promise of accountability to a bunch of strangers on the internet can be (I know it’s actually a promise to me but still, an amazing feeling).

Thank you all!

Stray strong! Stay quit brothers and sisters!

That’s a big win Bob!  That’s why that daily promise is so damn important.  I’m only on day 70, but I’ve had several moments very similar to what you described.   Keep posting and stay quit.

Gunnar 70

Offline BigBob68

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: April 7, 2019
  • Interests: Football, Beer, Grilling, Beer, Football
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2019, 08:17:55 AM »
Towards the end of Day 12 (last night) I found myself in familiar territory. We (my youngest son and i) had just wrapped baseball practice and I was busting ass to get him over to his hockey game, at 9 pm! Well the fuel light dinged on the way there and my thoughts immediately turned to buying a tin at the gas station after filling up and my mouth started to water! Crazy as hell sensation. I started laughing to myself and the craving and turned my thoughts to roll call yesterday morning and now today and the promise to stay quit! The thoughts and watering stopped almost immediately. Amazing how powerful a promise of accountability to a bunch of strangers on the internet can be (I know it’s actually a promise to me but still, an amazing feeling).

Thank you all!

Stray strong! Stay quit brothers and sisters!
Stay strong! Stay quit!

Offline Gunnar

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2019, 07:54:12 PM »
Hey guys thanks for all the notes.  It’s been a bit hazy for me and I’m not super technological but I’m getting the hang of this forum, I think!

Day 12 and just grinding. I’m loving not stopping every morning for tin but I’ve replaced that with a couple of breakfast sandwiches - my waistline is taking a beating! Well worth it for now, maybe it will get my fat ass on one of the machines sitting in my basement.

Stay strong! Stay quit brothers and sisters!

I know what you mean, it’s easy to over eat now.  Dealing with that myself.  You will find that working out is a great way to squash some of those bad cravings.  First things first though, stay quit, do what you have to do to stay quit everyday, then relearn to manage your food/calorie intake.

With you in quit brother.

Offline BigBob68

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2019, 09:19:20 AM »
Hey guys thanks for all the notes.  It’s been a bit hazy for me and I’m not super technological but I’m getting the hang of this forum, I think!

Day 12 and just grinding. I’m loving not stopping every morning for tin but I’ve replaced that with a couple of breakfast sandwiches - my waistline is taking a beating! Well worth it for now, maybe it will get my fat ass on one of the machines sitting in my basement.

Stay strong! Stay quit brothers and sisters!
Stay strong! Stay quit!

Offline Gunnar

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 09:37:23 PM »
Welcome Bob, fellow Minnesotan! You’ve made the best decision and pushed through the hardest days! The first couple weeks were just survival.  I wouldn’t have believed it until I went through it....but the great part is you will come out on the other side. 25 years of dipping for me.  You’ve got good days, bad days, easy days, hard days, and then fantastic days ahead of you.  Anyway others have said but I’ll say it again, post roll early every day (WUPP, wake up piss post) and share your digits, the daily texts even if it is just your number will keep you accountable.

I’ll send you a PM with my digits, and let you decide.

Gunnar 67

Offline AWright2262

• Quitter
  • Afghan Vet 16-17
  • Quit Date: 1-22-2019
  • Likes Given: 86
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 08:57:32 PM »
You've got this man. I'm only on day 85 and its a hit and miss. Some days are very easy others are hell. Just post roll everyday keep the faith brother!!
QD 1-22-2019. HOF 5-1-2019.  1st floor

"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. “

-Lt. Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try."

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 01:15:58 PM »
Bob.  Congrats on your quit.  On the plus side, nothing is worse than your first 10 days.   So things should get easier.  On the negative side, you still have a big hill to climb, so stay in the day to day mode.   Promise...grind...sleep. Promise...grind...sleep.
You got this

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 01:20:59 PM »
Welcome.

Congratulations, you nailed roll. Come back and do the same thing early in the morning tomorrow.

Also, congratulations on making it nine days on your own. That's badass.

Your concentration will return. You will be in a fog for a while, but slowly your old self will return. Your old self, minus the nicotine. And minus nicotine is a great place to be.

Exchange some digits (phone numbers) with others in your Quit Group, and some vets too. Mine are just a PM away. When you exchange digits, you have emergency contacts that you can reach out to in case of emergency. I know it sounds weird to share your number with some internet strangers. But that adds another resource beyond what this web site alone can offer.

Proud to quit with you today.

RDB (also a Robert) Day 1,180

Offline BigBob68

• Quitter
NEW to KTC - Day 9 QUIT!
« on: April 15, 2019, 12:52:50 PM »
My name is Rob and I am 48 years old. I have chewed for 30 years and I've quit a hundred times and have always found myself back with a fatty in. Just stupid! AND IT ENDS NOW!!!

I'm Day 9 quit and have realized that I haven't been able to concentrate on much of anything aside form the Masters yesterday for than about 15 minutes. I've been reading through things on the website and am understanding what's going on with my body but I have never posted.

I'm struggling but I will not cave, I did make roll a little bit ago and will figure out how to post within my quit group. Just fortunate to have others going through the same things I am (which is so damn unfortunate for all of us). 

Stay strong Brothers and Sisters! We all need the help this wonderful resource has to offer.
Stay strong! Stay quit!