Author Topic: New to KTC  (Read 1579 times)

Offline Royalnathy

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: New to KTC
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 12:05:47 AM »
Also I did not post roll today.  I don't feel like I have the right to do so since it is 10p.m. where I am at and I just got on a little bit ago to read the reply's and found which group I am in.  Tomorrow, I will post roll in the morning and be more vigilant in my follow-up to posting. For now I am going to learnt the science of addiction and then get some sleep.  Still Quit! IQWYT - Athan, I really like that phrase/acronym. Thank you! For it and all the great advice!

Offline Royalnathy

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 11:57:06 PM »
Athan and Peter G, thanks for reaching out.  Athan, yes I know it is an addiction and that I am an addict.  I will read through the stuff in your signature when I get a chance.  I am visiting family right now and life is still really crazy and busy but I will for sure get it read.  Thank you for the information and tools to put in my tool box.

Offline Peter Gibbons

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 6-17-2018
  • Likes Given: 821
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 03:29:05 PM »
Athan is a good man to have on your side and he has given you some good advice. Spend as much money as you need to get through the worst of it, and don't feel the need to set a date to quit with the substitutes. That'll come naturally for most.

One correction. September is your group. Here's the link: https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=14277.0

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1653
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 02:04:08 PM »
Congratulations on the decision to quit.  I buy cinammon sticks in bulk at Sam's Club or Costco.  I crunch em up and chew em.  It's bitter but it works for me. Other guys have had varying success with the fake. I tried it once but it didn't do it for me.  Don't worry about the cost now.  It's temporary and pales in the long run with respect to how much your addiction has cost you.  You do realize that it's an addiction, right?  This ain't like biting your nails or picking your nose.  There's some information in my signature about nicotine addiction.  Get to know your adversary. Knowledge is power; ignorance is terribly expensive.  Arm yourself with the truth. Join your quit group here: October .  Post roll daily and make your promise not to use nicotine for the day. One day only. Tomorrow can take care of itself.  You've already done 12 days so the nicotine is out of your system.  It's all psyops from here on out.  Your own addict mind is working against you, crying out for those well established dopamine pathways to be satiated. But they can't be, ever. You need to roll with your crew - don't do this alone. Gimmee a holler, I'll roll with you.
IQWYT
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Royalnathy

• Quitter
New to KTC
« on: June 23, 2019, 12:11:38 PM »
Hello everyone.  New to the site and it's forums.  My wife found Kill the Can and pointed me in your direction. I have been chewing for 18 years, 1 to 2 can a day habbit, and have been through a bunch of crap because of it. Lying, stealing, manipulating and the list goes on, and all for the next chew.  It almost destroyed my marriage and family.  Luckily, my wife is VERY loving and more forgiving than I deserve. I am here to finally quit. Day 12 today. I meant to register my first day and start the process with some help.  My life has been very busy the last couple weeks.  Moving across, and driving across the country.  Shipping our house hold goods and receiving them at the other end.  Retiring from the military.  I have been constantly moving and constantly with my wife.  Being busy and especially being with my wife has been a great help.  Our life has slowed down now though and I am struggling to deal with the anxiety and mental fogginess alone.  I can only eat so many sunflower seeds and chew so much gum.  Otherwise I feel guilty that I am spending just as much money trying to quit as I was actually chewing.  Anyone have a good substitute for the oral fixation that is cheap but fulfilling?  I can and will do this but I do miss the chew.  Thank you all for your support and inspiration.