Author Topic: New guy day 8  (Read 3529 times)

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 84
Re: New guy day 8
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2019, 07:26:18 AM »
I posted in another spot aswell. I just stared down an almost full log. 4 full tins left. I held it In my hand, knowing the pain in my jaw would go away with one pinch.

I walked outside and threw all 4 tons in the dumpster. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done
That’s a huge win! You can use that moment as strength and motivation next time you’re faced with a big time crave.  Every time you face down one of those craves and it feels like it’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done, your brain rewires itself.  It learns just a little bit that it can survive without the chemical satisfaction of nicotine.  Every time you say no, you get a little stronger.  Over time, after that chemical addiction has come at you from every possible direction, those craves get weaker, less painful and you know how to handle them better.  Eventually they all but stop and the addiction is just a distant memory.

You can do it, just keep winning one moment at a time.

Offline Sgtsixguns

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 28
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 10:55:50 PM »
I posted in another spot aswell. I just stared down an almost full log. 4 full tins left. I held it In my hand, knowing the pain in my jaw would go away with one pinch.

I walked outside and threw all 4 tons in the dumpster. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done

Offline Peter Gibbons

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 6-17-2018
  • Likes Given: 821
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 05:48:40 PM »
You've made it through a lot of the garbage that comes with the first week of quitting by yourself, and that's awesome.  The nicotine is likely all out of your system, but your body isn't going to be happy about it.  Jump into the September group (https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=14277.0) and figure out how to post roll.  You guys are fighting this stuff together so you should start reaching out to them and some of the other folks that post around here.

You'll see WUPP (wake up, piss, post) thrown around a lot here, and for good reason.  It's important to get on roll first thing in the morning and take nicotine off the table for the day.  Post up today and we'll see you first thing in the morning.  Also, feel free to talk about what you're currently experiencing.  The leader in the clubhouse in September has 21 days under his belt, but you guys are all around the same stage in your quit.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 05:50:36 PM by Peter Gibbons »

Offline Sgtsixguns

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 28
New guy day 8
« on: June 14, 2019, 05:37:31 PM »
Hello everyone, been lurking here for awhile, I'm 29 and have chewed since I was 18. About 2 weeks ago I ended up having a panic attack at the end of a long hot day. Long story short I threw everything I had stashed in the garbage 8 days ago and been reading here everyday to help me get through.