Author Topic: Glad to find this place. Day 10 after 39 years!  (Read 1699 times)

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
Re: Glad to find this place. Day 10 after 39 years!
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 08:20:27 AM »
Welcome aboard John. Listen to these guys above. I would not be on day 687 if not for PKY specifically talking some sense in me when I came back to the site on July 31st 2017. He helped me see the light with a conversation much like what he told you, with a little emphasis like my dumbass needed at the time.
Make your promise
Keep your word
Wake up and do it again
That's how we quit here for one day at a time every damn day
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline Ruthless

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date : 29 May 2019
  • Likes Given: 558
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 06:16:17 PM »
I second what pky said.  Welcome to the September Tips.  You’re through the hardest part, but that doesn’t mean it’s easy.  Don’t get complacent and come post roll first thing every day.

My number is available if you want it.

Ruthless
Remember, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.  If you fail, learn why you failed and try something different!

My HoF Speech

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 05:30:16 PM »
Hello folks. Glad to see there's others out there that need to vent too. Chewed a can a day for 39 years and put it down 10 days ago. I think I was ready to put it down because I don't really crave it but my body is a mess. Chills, face burnin up, sore joints, can't sleep, mouth all outta whack. I WILL do this!
Welcome John!  Quitting on your own for 10 days is a big accomplishment.  Your body will definitely continue to go through some pretty crazy withdrawal symptoms as it adjusts.  It might not seem like it now, but it's all a sign of your body and brain starting to heal.  It will take a long time, and the affects will change over time, but trust me when I tell you that it will get better, that you can do it and that it is worth it.  It's not a straight line, as things might get tougher before they get easier, but I promise they will get easier over time.  The trick is to focus on what's directly in front of you, keep nicotine out of your system right now and worry about the future when it gets here.

This site is about more than just venting and sharing coping strategies.  The way that it works and the price of entry here is a daily promise not to use any nicotine product.  You make that promise as part of a Quit Group and you do it every day, as early as reasonably possible.  The promise is called Posting Roll and it's the foundation of the system here.  Make your promise, keep your word, do it again tomorrow.  It keeps you quitting one day at a time and allows you to connect with a network of people going through the same damn thing.  It might seem weird at first, but that daily promise to a group of strangers can absolutely work to keep you quit, when your willpower alone would fail you. 

Your group and instructions for Roll can be found here: https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=14277.0  Make your promise there and introduce yourself.  This system is for people that Quit.  We don't try and we don't stop and we absolutely don't fail.  The tools to make this quit work are here, so dive in and use them!  Let me know if I can help.

Offline MinerJohn

• The man with NO plan.
  • Interests: Guns, gardening, rockhound, treasure hunter
  • Likes Given: 0
Glad to find this place. Day 10 after 39 years!
« on: June 17, 2019, 05:01:07 PM »
Hello folks. Glad to see there's others out there that need to vent too. Chewed a can a day for 39 years and put it down 10 days ago. I think I was ready to put it down because I don't really crave it but my body is a mess. Chills, face burnin up, sore joints, can't sleep, mouth all outta whack. I WILL do this!