Author Topic: First day of quitting is tomorrow..  (Read 809 times)

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: First day of quitting is tomorrow..
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 04:29:00 PM »
Quote from: Bruce
Quote from: Tecas903
This is my first day on the forum...so hello to everyone.

I'm 19 years old and started dipping when I was 15. For various reasons, I have decided to fully quit again. I actually successfully stopped in march of this year for the first time, but caved in a few weeks ago due to stress from college. I started making dip a daily thing again, and I had guilt eat at me the past few days. I want this to be my final time quit EVER. The stories shared on this site have all Been so inspirational. I'm hoping i end up being successful this Time. Any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated.
index.php?showtopic=7393

Watch this, you're 19? You don't think this can happen to you? Quit today, it'll save your life
hey lil buddy. Hope is a fat chick. Don't fucking hope. DO IT. There will always be reasons why you think you cant quit. The fact is they are all lies. You can do it as easy as settin down the can and never picking it up again.
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Quit Date: 2011-11-21
  • Interests: Long walks on the beach, cuddling up next to that special someone in front of a fire, just watching the sunset, and titty bars.
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 09:54:00 AM »

I'm 19 years old and started dipping when I was 15. For various reasons, I have decided to fully quit again. I actually successfully stopped in march of this year for the first time, but caved in a few weeks ago due to stress from college. I started making dip a daily thing again, and I had guilt eat at me the past few days. I want this to be my final time quit EVER. The stories shared on this site have all Been so inspirational. I'm hoping i end up being successful this Time. Any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated.
index.php?showtopic=7393

Watch this, you're 19? You don't think this can happen to you? Quit today, it'll save your life
Quit date: 11/21/11
HOF date: 2/28/12
Comma date: 8/16/14
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

-"Now I can walk through walls and my quit can talk to god. That's right. Crazy voodoo magic quit" Souliman

-'Stop being a pussy and quit' Tarpon17

-"this is the gheyest place on earth, if you say it in here it might become someones signature" Bigwhitebeast

- "We Quit Like Fuck" - Coach Steve

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 09:28:00 AM »
I see you are checking out how to post roll. DO IT! You said you successfully stopped in March. We don't stop we quit! You didn't even stop you took a short pause or break. I stopped for over 3 years once, now I quit! I have successfully quit every day for the past 222 days and invite you to join me in quitting today. The first few weeks suck really bad but it gets better. To be honest I still have days (or moments in some days) that suck. Those times that craving suck are being etched into my mind and I do not want to ever repeat them.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 08:42:00 AM »
Quote from: stump33

You can make it my friend, you are at the right place there are many compassionate,loving, caring and understanding people that make up this brother hood,you have to try and give it your best shot and by all means reach out to some of us that will give you the encouragement you need.do not be intimidated by the few self appointed glory button seekers that try and demand you do it their way by cussing and condemning you.some here really care about you and your quit so read all you can find, and stay with this site as much as possible just click on my name and pm me or text me, check your in box. { stay strong}
If you're only 19 KTC is your lottery ticket. I wish like hell I had the smarts at that age. In stead I threw away thousands of dollars, and looked like an idiot doing it. I'll be watching you (no pressure) Make your daily pledge and stay quit for one day, repeat. Life is about decisions, and the ramifications of those decisions. You have the opportunity to make THE best decision of your life. Don't waste it. PM me anytime, and if you need digits. Get ready for the suq. This will be very hard, but very rewarding. I quit with you!
we choose our battles.. the battles we do fight, be aware that they have to be, but passion rules? James Hetfield

Offline stump33

• Quitter
  • Interests: Keep my HAND out for those that need it!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 08:34:00 AM »

You can make it my friend, you are at the right place there are many compassionate,loving, caring and understanding people that make up this brother hood,you have to try and give it your best shot and by all means reach out to some of us that will give you the encouragement you need.do not be intimidated by the few self appointed glory button seekers that try and demand you do it their way by cussing and condemning you.some here really care about you and your quit so read all you can find, and stay with this site as much as possible just click on my name and pm me or text me, check your in box. { stay strong}

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 07:31:00 AM »
I'm hoping i end up being successful this Time. Any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Tip/advice: STOP HOPING. START DOING.

You are setting yourself up for failure. The addict's (yes, you are one) battle is mostly mental after the first 72 hours have passed. That means you gotta get your head right to win this thing. If you "hope to end up successful", it's likely that you will not. Your past failure illustrated you can never again have "just one". One exposure to nicotine causes an addict to relapse to the stage he was living previously. With 48 hours, the intake will usually be higher and more frequent than ever before. Now, repeat after me:

I'm done with this addiction.
Nicotine is no longer an option.
There is no such thing as "just one".

Clean out all of your stashes. Post roll. Keep your word. It's that simple. Not easy, but simple.

Offline epayne

• Quitter
  • Interests: My beloved Jeep. My fiance's pussy. My fiance. My dog. Chewing gum.
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 06:23:00 AM »
1. Dump your shit
2. Visit the salmon colored welcome center link in the top left hand corner of the page
3. Read about roll, what it means, how to do it.
4. Grab your balls and give them a good manly tug
5. Post roll in Pre HOF February 2013
6. Keep your fucking word like a man

That's all it will take. Buckle down and show us and yourself what you're made of. Check your PM inbox, you've got mail

Offline Tecas903

• Quitter
First day of quitting is tomorrow..
« on: November 08, 2012, 01:40:00 AM »