Author Topic: Day One  (Read 743 times)

Offline mich 34

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Interests: reading, hunting, fishing, above all - spending time with the wife and kids (when they are being good!!)
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day One
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 10:16:00 PM »
Quote from: kcbbq
Thank you all for those responses. I have been here for 2 days and have been overwhelmed by the support. this site is definitely for real!
The support will only be as strong as you work to make it, it starts solid but will let up if you don't reach out to other quitters and stay active in your group. Reach out, be active, keep up the good work. Shoot me a pm if I can help with anything or if you want more numbers.
my intro
QD 07-19-2012
Group - Roctober Madmen Post with some Madmen (and women)
HOF 10-27-12 HOF Speech
2nd Floor 2-4-13, 3rd Floor 5-15-13
1 year of freedom - 7-19-2013. Thank you KTC
4th Floor 8-23-13, 5th Floor 12-1-13, 6th Floor 3-11-14, 7th Floor 6-19-14, 8th Floor 9-27-14, 9th Floor 1-5-15

Offline kcbbq

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 05:50:00 PM »
Thank you all for those responses. I have been here for 2 days and have been overwhelmed by the support. this site is definitely for real!

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 11:43:00 AM »
Quote from: Wt57
I know this is not the most convincing proclamation. But I promise you that I am here to quit. I promise to whoever decides to quit with me that I will hold myself and fellow quitters accountable every day.
Sounds like a pretty good proclamation to me! You are also right an addict is an addict. Don't worry about the past at all you can't change it and you can't promise anyone what will happen next week. But like each of us you can control NOW (today). That is my promise and has been for the past 293 days.
George this most likely will be the most difficult thing you have ever done but the most rewarding. Pm me I you need help.
Doesn't have to be a long proclamation to be powerful...

I'm convinced.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 11:05:00 AM »
I know this is not the most convincing proclamation. But I promise you that I am here to quit. I promise to whoever decides to quit with me that I will hold myself and fellow quitters accountable every day.
Sounds like a pretty good proclamation to me! You are also right an addict is an addict. Don't worry about the past at all you can't change it and you can't promise anyone what will happen next week. But like each of us you can control NOW (today). That is my promise and has been for the past 293 days.
George this most likely will be the most difficult thing you have ever done but the most rewarding. Pm me I you need help.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline vh5150

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 10:33:00 AM »
I'm quit with you. Sounds like you've made the right choice in quitting. That is the hard desicion. There will be other hard desicions during your quit, but for me, the hardest was dumping that crap in the trash and not looking back. I'm quit with ya
Romans 10:9 - That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 10:19:00 AM »
Stay committed. Keep your head in the game. That is the most important thing. To make this work, you have to be QUIT above all else. It has to be the most important thing in your life for while. That takes conscious effort at first, but it becomes easier. Reach out via PM if you need anything. Any person here will stop and help you out.

Offline Mjollnir

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 01:03:00 AM »
Quote from: Cyclops
Hey all,

In many ways, I feel like I am very similar to most of the people on here. My reasons for quitting are the same ones that I have been reading on this site. My main reasons: I hate hiding it from my family, I hate spending what little money I have on something that can and will kill me, and I hate not being able to do everyday activities to the best of my ability because I need a dip. I am 20 years old and have been dipping for 3+ years. I have been doing around a can a day for at least 2 of those years. I realize that is not as long as a lot of people here, but I assure you I am no less addicted.

That being said, I am not entirely sure how this works. I am posting an intro on here and will take part in the April 2013 group, if I need to do anything differently please let me know. 

My last dip was at 9:00 PM. At 9:45 I through all of my cans and spitters in the dumpster down the street with the intention of never spending another dime on dip again.

Thank you for reading,

George
Stay quit bro. I'm 32 and started around when you did. I recently found a college note book from when I was 21 where I wrote " I must quit dipping, it will ruin me!" Well 11 years have gone by in a snap and I didn't quit until 2 months ago. I'm still alive but I wish I wouldn't have given dip control over some of the best years of my life. FUCK dip!!!
Welcome. "Live Chat" upper right hand corner, gets pretty busy in the evenings, come in and join us, but don't forget to post roll.

Offline Cyclops

• Interests: Not dipping, benching 500, hunting, getting rich, Jesus
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 12:55:00 AM »
Hey all,

In many ways, I feel like I am very similar to most of the people on here. My reasons for quitting are the same ones that I have been reading on this site. My main reasons: I hate hiding it from my family, I hate spending what little money I have on something that can and will kill me, and I hate not being able to do everyday activities to the best of my ability because I need a dip. I am 20 years old and have been dipping for 3+ years. I have been doing around a can a day for at least 2 of those years. I realize that is not as long as a lot of people here, but I assure you I am no less addicted.

That being said, I am not entirely sure how this works. I am posting an intro on here and will take part in the April 2013 group, if I need to do anything differently please let me know.

My last dip was at 9:00 PM. At 9:45 I through all of my cans and spitters in the dumpster down the street with the intention of never spending another dime on dip again.

Thank you for reading,

George
Stay quit bro. I'm 32 and started around when you did. I recently found a college note book from when I was 21 where I wrote " I must quit dipping, it will ruin me!" Well 11 years have gone by in a snap and I didn't quit until 2 months ago. I'm still alive but I wish I wouldn't have given dip control over some of the best years of my life. FUCK dip!!!

Offline kcbbq

Day One
« on: January 17, 2013, 12:32:00 AM »
Hey all,

Thank you for reading,

George