Author Topic: Adam here  (Read 609 times)

Offline bronc

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 3/14/14
  • Interests: Rodeo, Hunting, Raising my daughter, Cooking and entertaining
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: Adam here
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 12:58:00 PM »
Congrats!

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 12:08:00 PM »
Gratz on the HoF, I quit with you today.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 210
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 12:05:00 PM »
Congrats on reaching 100 days freedom!

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 03:27:00 PM »
Quote from: jzzyzag01
Quote from: adam22
I'm 30 and been dipping for 11 years.  The longest I've quit is for 2 weeks which was about 6 years ago.  Since then I haven't missed a day without a dip.  I've been thinking about quitting for a year now, but knew I didn't have the commitment to succeed so never went through with it.  Not sure what happened, but I am now so sick of putting that shit in my mouth.  I'm done.  Threw everything away and got online and found this site.  It has been about 40 hours now since I had a dip and it sucks.  Yesterday was more a mental thing.  Kept fighting with my brain or something, but today I've just been out of it.  Staring and zoning out.  I figured out how to post roll and did it yesterday and today.
Great to have you Adam. Your stats are virtually identical to mine. You've made the best decision of your life thus far and that is to make sure you enjoy the hell out of it without sabotaging yourself with the poison.

It takes 72-96 hours for the nic to get out of your system. Your body is just working through it right now. It doesn't understand yet that you're quit. It takes awhile, but take things ODAAT. One day at a time and you can whip this thing. The suck may or may not last awhile for you, but you already know after the first couple days that you never want to go thru it again.

Post roll. Stay quit that day. Wake up and repeat. Simple recipe when you consider it's saving your life.

Proud to be quit with you today. Check your inbox in the top right corner. I sent you my digits. Use them if you're gonna be a bad ass April 2014 quitter.
Great quitters have already spoken up and offered insight.

While in the fog spend time here as much as you can. Your emotions are going to get you. Rage, sad, etc. You can come into chat, read posts and articles.

If your just pissed for no reason. Vent her, pick fights and use this forrum so that you can be kind to loved ones etc. They won't get what you are going through like we do.

This site is your sanctuary to build strength when you are week.

All I can add is....Stay close, get some quit brothers. You're serious and its time to win your freedom back.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline jzzyzag01

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 03:00:00 PM »
Quote from: adam22
I'm 30 and been dipping for 11 years. The longest I've quit is for 2 weeks which was about 6 years ago. Since then I haven't missed a day without a dip. I've been thinking about quitting for a year now, but knew I didn't have the commitment to succeed so never went through with it. Not sure what happened, but I am now so sick of putting that shit in my mouth. I'm done. Threw everything away and got online and found this site. It has been about 40 hours now since I had a dip and it sucks. Yesterday was more a mental thing. Kept fighting with my brain or something, but today I've just been out of it. Staring and zoning out. I figured out how to post roll and did it yesterday and today.
Great to have you Adam. Your stats are virtually identical to mine. You've made the best decision of your life thus far and that is to make sure you enjoy the hell out of it without sabotaging yourself with the poison.

It takes 72-96 hours for the nic to get out of your system. Your body is just working through it right now. It doesn't understand yet that you're quit. It takes awhile, but take things ODAAT. One day at a time and you can whip this thing. The suck may or may not last awhile for you, but you already know after the first couple days that you never want to go thru it again.

Post roll. Stay quit that day. Wake up and repeat. Simple recipe when you consider it's saving your life.

Proud to be quit with you today. Check your inbox in the top right corner. I sent you my digits. Use them if you're gonna be a bad ass April 2014 quitter.
"I am a nicotine addict and there is nothing I can do about it; I am also a quitter, and that, I can do plenty about." - Grizzly25

Today I choose to quit because today is the only day I have control over today. Tomorrow is a new day and when tomorrow is today, I'll control it too, but not until then. I will win this fight with today...

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 09:15:00 PM »
Congrats one a wonderful decision bro. Let us know if you need anything. We are quitting with you.
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 09:07:00 PM »
I'm quitting with Adam today. Your support center is willing and able to help. Let's get this.

Mogul

Offline Winter Green

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 07:25:00 PM »
Adam, you are awesome. Fight through these first days of SUCK my friend. You can do it, because we all did it. I am goin to keep tabs on you bud. I expect roll as soon as you wake up, and don't just post roll man..... Understand what you are doing. You are pledging to thousands of quitters that you will not use nicotine in any form that day!!! Understand, and also mean what you are saying. Reach out to others, get phone numbers and developed relationships. Stay active in your quit my friend. You can PM me anytime for my number. I think you got what it takes to quit. The question is.....DO YOU WANT IT????
Quit~December - 2 - 2013
1st Floor~March - 11 - 2014

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 05:44:00 PM »
Great call on deciding to quit. The quitters below know how to be quit, heed their advice. Stick to the program here and you will succeed. There are thousands of great examples here, and they all post their promise not to use nicotine each day. That's how it is done. It's that simple. The ones here who don't post roll are much less likely to succeed because they don't build enough accountability for themselves. My recommendation to you is to post roll first thing every day and reach out to people and make some friends. This combined with your own determination and will power are the basic ingredients. I quit with you today.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 03:56:00 PM »
Nice job of posting Adam and welcome to KTC. Read all you can on the site and get involved in your quit group...it will strengthen your accountability. Now that you have posted roll, let me take just a minute to explain to you WHY we post roll. Roll is your daily promise to yourself and all of your new brothers and sisters that you will not use tobacco in any form that day. You will post your name and the number of days you are quit each day in the April, 2014 quit group. Each and every day you will post your promise. No exceptions. That is the price of admission to KTC. Nothing more and nothing less. If your electricity quits working, your internet provider goes bankrupt or you are on vacation and will not have internet access, call or text a quit brother and tell the brother to post for you. Simple and easyÂ…and therefore, no reason for not posting roll. The reason you are put in April is that will be the month that you will celebrate being 100 days free of nicotineÂ…your Hall of Fame date.

Look up at your inbox (1). That is a personal message from me with my telephone number. Lets get your quit started today. Congratulations on making the best decision of your life. Wayne
"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 03:47:00 PM »
Damn it's good to have a serious quitter that posts roll with out whining they don't have time or can't figure it out. Even screwing it up is better than ignoring it. I can tell by your brief intro that you get it and are ready to quit. The fog your in won't last long then just more of the mind games and rationalization. As long as you put your name down every morning as a quitter and keep your word you will win! Pm me if you need anything or have questions.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline adam22

• Quitter
Adam here
« on: January 08, 2014, 03:38:00 PM »
I'm 30 and been dipping for 11 years. The longest I've quit is for 2 weeks which was about 6 years ago. Since then I haven't missed a day without a dip. I've been thinking about quitting for a year now, but knew I didn't have the commitment to succeed so never went through with it. Not sure what happened, but I am now so sick of putting that shit in my mouth. I'm done. Threw everything away and got online and found this site. It has been about 40 hours now since I had a dip and it sucks. Yesterday was more a mental thing. Kept fighting with my brain or something, but today I've just been out of it. Staring and zoning out. I figured out how to post roll and did it yesterday and today.