Author Topic: Food for thought  (Read 245 times)

Offline DeanTheCoot

• Quitter
  • Interests: reading, eating, walking, running, fishing, Freemasonry, coffee, pussy, hunting, motorcycles, history, badminton, trees
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Food for thought
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 03:39:00 PM »
You haven't posted roll today, and I can't find a post from you from yesterday, May 3. You around? Do you mean business? Ever had a gum-grafting procedure? Want one?

If so, keep dipping. Then get ready to die young.

If not, post again in here, and I will give you the secret to staying quit.

Offline TMccord12

• Interests: College, cycling, being outside in Colorado, beer, fun stuff pretty much.
  • Likes Given: 0
Food for thought
« on: April 27, 2010, 12:35:00 PM »
Before two days ago, I had been chewing for almost two years straight. I started as a casual chewer, using pouches during cross country practice or on the weekends. I could buy a can a month. Somewhere along the line, like everyone else, it became a can a DAY. I started my freshmen year of college in August of 2009, telling myself that I would quit because I would soon be a broke-ass college student. Well I didn't quit at all. In fact my chewing increased even more, especially when I drank (which was frequently because, well, it's college).

I've "tried" numerous times to stop chewing, but as I've learned on this site, "tried" won't get you the fuck anywhere.

So two days ago. I stopped chewing for good. I'm not going to "try", I'm going to DO it.

Last night, I was reading stories of other guys on here and with every story I read, I found myself wanting a chew. So I stood up, walked around my dorm room for a while (which is about as big as a cubicle) and realized that what I was reading were "triggers" to chew. As long as I fought off those triggers and realized that they were indeed "triggers", I was able to calm myself and forget anything about wanting a chew.

So this is my advice to you and I. Realized what makes you want to have a chew. For me it's thinking about driving long distances and having a fatty lipper in, listening to great music. Fight off those triggers and all will be good.

I know I'm speaking a lot for only being two days in, but I just wanted others to see how resourceful this group really can be..

Tom