Author Topic: First Step Taken  (Read 537 times)

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
Re: First Step Taken
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2015, 03:01:00 PM »
Quote from: Bassin4life0
So I really did it. Wednesday evening I dumped my last bit. Haven't had a pinch since. Yall right, it does suck. I used to get away with one meal a day....but now my head goes into the clouds during the hunger urges. I have no idea how I still closed a business sale feeling high as a kite yet nothing in my system. When's usually the peak? 2-4 days? Week or more? I gotta turn around a whole new routine of life for sure now that Ive quit.
Day 29 brother still having all side effects! You a big boy you can deal with it! I quit everyday it's worth the suffering!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Bassin4life0 2

• Quit Date: 2015-01-22
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2015, 12:28:00 PM »
So I really did it. Wednesday evening I dumped my last bit. Haven't had a pinch since. Yall right, it does suck. I used to get away with one meal a day....but now my head goes into the clouds during the hunger urges. I have no idea how I still closed a business sale feeling high as a kite yet nothing in my system. When's usually the peak? 2-4 days? Week or more? I gotta turn around a whole new routine of life for sure now that Ive quit.

Offline hobo924

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-12-31
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2015, 11:24:00 PM »
Quote from: 30isEnuff
you will not ingest nic in any form for Today, just Today.
^^^^^ That's all you have to tell yourself Matt. That's it. Give your word and keep it. If it helps, look each of those kids in the eye and give them your word too. Either way, quit today and today only. We'll work on tomorrow when it gets here. I quit with you today.

Offline Jeff W.

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-01-11
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2015, 05:05:00 PM »
Matt - you really need to heed the good words of advice. Cold turkey is the only way. There is no tapering off, there is no maybe, there is no "If I can handle". None of that shit gets you quit. I'm A 34-year user who, like you, pretty much had a dip in all day. Hell, I even had pouches by the bed and would often fall asleep with one in. There are many stories here like mine. We all went cold and you can too.

I'm not gonna lie, it is going to bring the suck in a big way at first. But if you'll accept it, you can have great support right here.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 04:40:00 PM »
Hell no don't wait next dip maybe all it takes to Cause cancer! Think about them babies! I quit today! Join us!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Frazzled

• Eternal Quitters
  • Master of Quit
  • 1/3/2011
  • Quit Date: 1/3/2011
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 04:32:00 PM »
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Quote from: jpetmpls
As someone that truly doesn't have the strongest desire to quit, the will power not to cave during cold turkey just isn't strong enough. During the holidays, deer jerky tucked in my lip kept the dip out for hours. Sunflower seeds, gum, mints, anything I can keep in my mouth for long periods keeps the nicotine out. That's my goal for my family. No nicotine. If I can handle go full alternative completely right away, then that's exactly what I'll do.

I'm about to head out to a sales appointment. Didn't really check out the Smokey mountain site. I'll hit up a 7-11 and/or wal-mart on the way home. Day 1 it is. I prefer not to wean. The very definition is for babies. BUT it's better than saying "F" it. If I can handle the next 8 hours without it, I'm well on my way, without needing to wean.
Weaning doesn't work, my friend. That's addict-speak for "I'll just have a little". I'm on day 9 and I was you 10 days ago, so I know exactly what you're thinking. I'm here to tell you it can be done, you just need to decide. Take a look at the tips posted above about how to get started.
You don't have to be a slave to nicotine any longer. You have found the best place to get quit and be quit.
Flush it all. Talk to the man in the mirror. Take control. Tell him "I quit Today!" I was in your shoes 975 days ago. If I can do this then I know that you can too.
Bring it addict. Nothing but a bunch on addicts here who quit ODAAT.
The price of freedom is "your word" each day that you will not ingest nic in any form for Today, just Today.
you can do anything for 1 day right?
Listen to these guys, Matt. The know of what they speak. You've got to do this for you. And you only.

YOU can do this. What you use as a substitute will not matter. It is going to suck...which is why we call is The Suck. Do it once, and you only have to experience it once. Do it slowly, and you experience it every day. Stop for a while, and go back, and stop again, you experience it all over again.

Do this once. Make this THE quit. Post roll today. Then you've given your word. Do it tomorrow before you leave for work, and you'll be on Day 2. Take nicotine off the table for the day by giving your word.

You have a site of quitters who will walk through this with you, and will do it with you, every day.

Let's go.
Quit Date 1/3/11
Floor 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 04:21:00 PM »
Quote from: jpetmpls
As someone that truly doesn't have the strongest desire to quit, the will power not to cave during cold turkey just isn't strong enough. During the holidays, deer jerky tucked in my lip kept the dip out for hours. Sunflower seeds, gum, mints, anything I can keep in my mouth for long periods keeps the nicotine out. That's my goal for my family. No nicotine. If I can handle go full alternative completely right away, then that's exactly what I'll do.

I'm about to head out to a sales appointment. Didn't really check out the Smokey mountain site. I'll hit up a 7-11 and/or wal-mart on the way home. Day 1 it is. I prefer not to wean. The very definition is for babies. BUT it's better than saying "F" it. If I can handle the next 8 hours without it, I'm well on my way, without needing to wean.
Weaning doesn't work, my friend. That's addict-speak for "I'll just have a little". I'm on day 9 and I was you 10 days ago, so I know exactly what you're thinking. I'm here to tell you it can be done, you just need to decide. Take a look at the tips posted above about how to get started.
You don't have to be a slave to nicotine any longer. You have found the best place to get quit and be quit.
Flush it all. Talk to the man in the mirror. Take control. Tell him "I quit Today!" I was in your shoes 975 days ago. If I can do this then I know that you can too.
Bring it addict. Nothing but a bunch on addicts here who quit ODAAT.
The price of freedom is "your word" each day that you will not ingest nic in any form for Today, just Today.
you can do anything for 1 day right?
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline jpetmpls

• Quitter
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 01.12.15
  • Interests: Hockey, motorcycles, bar/restaurant business, marathons, trail running. Ingested nicotine profusely in many forms for nearly 22 years
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 04:15:00 PM »

Offline Bassin4life0 2

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 04:07:00 PM »

Offline jpetmpls

• Quitter
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 01.12.15
  • Interests: Hockey, motorcycles, bar/restaurant business, marathons, trail running. Ingested nicotine profusely in many forms for nearly 22 years
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 03:46:00 PM »
Quote from: Frazzled
Hell all, I'm Matt. I've fruitlessly tried to quit dipping, only lasting hours at a time before I end up eating everything in sight and then succumb to putting a dip in. I'm only 30 with about a 5-year habit ready to come to an end. After the last 6 months to a year needing to have a dip in as long as my eyes are open and not in a sales appointment, it's been time to just say enough is enough.
Today I ordered 3 cans of BaccOff to give it a try. If I can "enjoy" the first can, more will be ordered immediately so I don't run out. The oral fixation I can certainly live with. It's the tobacco and nicotine that's go to stop; hopefully ensuring a longer, healthier life to enjoy with my wife and 4 beautiful young babies!

Plan of action with a fail-safe:
1st alternative can - attempt to quit nicotine straight up
Fail-safe - 2nd can mixed as per dipstop.com "Can-do program"

Either way my wife is supporting me 100% and expect a quit date when the alternative arrives or no later than March 15th!

I hope to visit often with positive enlightenment to any that wish to join me in the quit!
Hi Matt. I have some serious reservations with your plan.

Tomorrow will never come. All we have is today. You can get fake stuff at a lot of places - even Wal-Mart has Smokey Mountain.

There is no fail-safe. There is only doing. That is to dump your shit right now and get to quitting. Do it today, post up roll in April 2015, and you have a Day 1. You're going to be hungry. You're going to be angry. But we don't take half measure here. No putting in half real dip and half fake. That will only prolong your withdrawal from nicotine and make you more hungry and more angry.

Do this for you. Do it now. Do it cold turkey. This is the only way. Go to the WELCOME CENTER to learn how we do what we do. Do it every damn day. Not every so often.

This is not about enjoyment. it is about saving your life. Choose life, Matt.
Dump it all and embrace the pain of that crap leaving your body, man. Once you push through the first 72 hours (and we all have and survived), you will be a new man. I promise. Ask anyone here.

Offline Frazzled

• Eternal Quitters
  • Master of Quit
  • 1/3/2011
  • Quit Date: 1/3/2011
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 03:43:00 PM »
Hell all, I'm Matt. I've fruitlessly tried to quit dipping, only lasting hours at a time before I end up eating everything in sight and then succumb to putting a dip in. I'm only 30 with about a 5-year habit ready to come to an end. After the last 6 months to a year needing to have a dip in as long as my eyes are open and not in a sales appointment, it's been time to just say enough is enough.
Today I ordered 3 cans of BaccOff to give it a try. If I can "enjoy" the first can, more will be ordered immediately so I don't run out. The oral fixation I can certainly live with. It's the tobacco and nicotine that's go to stop; hopefully ensuring a longer, healthier life to enjoy with my wife and 4 beautiful young babies!

Either way my wife is supporting me 100% and expect a quit date when the alternative arrives or no later than March 15th!

I hope to visit often with positive enlightenment to any that wish to join me in the quit!
Hi Matt. I have some serious reservations with your plan.

Tomorrow will never come. All we have is today. You can get fake stuff at a lot of places - even Wal-Mart has Smokey Mountain.

There is no fail-safe. There is only doing. That is to dump your shit right now and get to quitting. Do it today, post up roll in April 2015, and you have a Day 1. You're going to be hungry. You're going to be angry. But we don't take half measure here. No putting in half real dip and half fake. That will only prolong your withdrawal from nicotine and make you more hungry and more angry.

Do this for you. Do it now. Do it cold turkey. This is the only way. Go to the WELCOME CENTER to learn how we do what we do. Do it every damn day. Not every so often.

This is not about enjoyment. it is about saving your life. Choose life, Matt.
Quit Date 1/3/11
Floor 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Offline Bassin4life0 2

First Step Taken
« on: January 20, 2015, 03:36:00 PM »