Author Topic: 3 Years of dipping almost daily.  (Read 1325 times)

Offline Rob1985

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-02-23
  • Interests: HOCKEY, Baseball, Mountain Biking, Camping, Movies, Xbox, Computers, Shooting Sports.Did I mention HOCKEY?
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 3 Years of dipping almost daily.
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2013, 08:51:00 AM »
Quote from: EFNKodiak
Quote from: Rob1985
Quote from: meatbock509
Well, havent been on in a while, I slipped up a few days ago and felt quite ashamed of myself, so now it is back to 4 days without it, feel like a fucking idiot!
Here we go...

What happened?

Why did it happen?

How are you going to prevent it from happening again?

We in June need to know! You decided to wait until Saturday's roll post to come back?! Why didn't you come back 4 days ago?!

Go back and read your intro and go ahead be pissed off and ashamed. You let yourself down!

Time to start over... I quit with you 'flush'

INTEGRITY!

Click below... I have both read it a lot over the past two weeks!
Cave Contract

Tend Your Garden
bump. - Meatbock, hows's it going? Come on back and quit with us.
He posted Day 1 sunday. I think he got the message...
Quit: 2/23/13
HOF: 6/3/13
2nd Floor: 9/10/13
One Year 2/23/14
Two Years 2/23/15
1000 Days 11/19/15
"You can have results or excuses. Not both"
"One often learns more from ten days of agony than from ten years of contentment"
"A memory is what is left when something happens and does not completely unhappen" ~Edward de Bono

Offline EFNKodiak

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-02-27
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2013, 06:56:00 AM »
Well, havent been on in a while, I slipped up a few days ago and felt quite ashamed of myself, so now it is back to 4 days without it, feel like a fucking idiot!
Here we go...

What happened?

Why did it happen?

We in June need to know! You decided to wait until Saturday's roll post to come back?! Why didn't you come back 4 days ago?!

Go back and read your intro and go ahead be pissed off and ashamed. You let yourself down!

INTEGRITY!

Cave Contract

Tend Your Garden
bump. - Meatbock, hows's it going? Come on back and quit with us.

Offline cr4

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golfing, running, playing and watching sports, music, outdoor activities.
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2013, 07:48:00 PM »
Hate this, I would have been 2 weeks today, instead, back to 4....
Great to have you back but it's not that easy. I think you have some explaining to do to June. Check out the questions that have been posed to you here and there and respond.
Former Ninja
Quit Date = 3/1/13

"You are not giving up anything pleasurable. You are freeing yourself from one of the most disgusting addictions known to mankind. Dip fills no voids in your life. It creates them." --Diesel2112

Offline meatbock509

• Quitter
  • Interests: Skiing, Fishing, Hunting, Hiking, paintballing,dirtbiking, and avoidng the Nic bitch for the rest of my life.
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2013, 06:23:00 PM »
Hate this, I would have been 2 weeks today, instead, back to 4....

Offline Rob1985

• Quitter
  • Interests: HOCKEY, Baseball, Mountain Biking, Camping, Movies, Xbox, Computers, Shooting Sports.Did I mention HOCKEY?
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2013, 06:09:00 PM »
This aint going to happen again, done beating myself up, not going to cave anymore,
Good, now bring your balls back out and let's do this!

I quit with you!
One Year 2/23/14
Two Years 2/23/15
1000 Days 11/19/15
"One often learns more from ten days of agony than from ten years of contentment"
"A memory is what is left when something happens and does not completely unhappen" ~Edward de Bono

Offline meatbock509

• Quitter
  • Interests: Skiing, Fishing, Hunting, Hiking, paintballing,dirtbiking, and avoidng the Nic bitch for the rest of my life.
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2013, 06:06:00 PM »
This aint going to happen again, done beating myself up, not going to cave anymore,

Offline Rob1985

• Quitter
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2013, 05:06:00 AM »
Here we go...

What happened?

Why did it happen?

INTEGRITY!

Cave Contract

Tend Your Garden
One Year 2/23/14
Two Years 2/23/15
1000 Days 11/19/15

Offline meatbock509

• Quitter
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2013, 03:32:00 AM »

Offline Screw_the_Chew

• Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Sports, Photography, Computers, Outdoors, Reading & writing, quitting tobacco
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2013, 10:54:00 AM »
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
So I decided yes am going to miss dipping, however i think i would miss my lower jaw alot more, thats what i keep telling myself every day, no matter how hard it gets, i want to stay quit for my family, especially my brother, who by the way i am extremely proud of for quitting, i am also quitting for all of you guys no matter how hard this gets, i will not give in, So I say 'Finger' to the Dip and  :D to a tobacco and nicotine free life, good luck to all of you guys, we can do this Shit!
Having gone through what you're going through... it gets a hell of a lot better after the first week! Keep pushing through, even when you want to cave, stay quit. Even when that Nic Bitch whispers sweet nothings in your ear, stay quit. Think of all the money saved between not buying dip every day to medical... it reminds you that you're at a cross roads. Either choose life or choose flushing your life down the crapper.

I remind myself of why I am staying quit every day... for ME! My decisions affect my co-workers, my family, etc! The times I have considered caving I come on here and look at the connections I have made. It's been less than a month, but I feel like I have known these guys for a lot longer. Recovery has a way of connecting people.

I'd like to also remind you that if you think of caving, think of how much you will be letting yourself and us down. I am sure you have read the wave of shit those who cave have gotten and how much extra work they have had to put in to gain the trust and respect back.

INTEGRITY!

Cave Contract

Tend Your Garden

Stay Quit with me and the rest of us! Post Roll!
You aren't going to miss dipping, you only think you do right now. What you are going to realize is the it didnt really ever do anything for you and that you can accomplish and enjoy all things without it.

The only thing dip EVER did for you was remove the withdrawal symptoms you were experiencing. Its called chemical dependency. Your addicted brain interpreted that feeling as pleasurable. That is the big lie. We as addicts become brainwashed. Right now it is common to be feeling a void, what you need to understand is that nicotine will not fill the void, NICOTINE CREATES THE VOID.

Keep up the good work. One day at a time.
Well stated

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2013, 07:10:00 AM »
So I decided yes am going to miss dipping, however i think i would miss my lower jaw alot more, thats what i keep telling myself every day, no matter how hard it gets, i want to stay quit for my family, especially my brother, who by the way i am extremely proud of for quitting, i am also quitting for all of you guys no matter how hard this gets, i will not give in, So I say 'Finger' to the Dip and  :D to a tobacco and nicotine free life, good luck to all of you guys, we can do this Shit!
Having gone through what you're going through... it gets a hell of a lot better after the first week! Keep pushing through, even when you want to cave, stay quit. Even when that Nic Bitch whispers sweet nothings in your ear, stay quit. Think of all the money saved between not buying dip every day to medical... it reminds you that you're at a cross roads. Either choose life or choose flushing your life down the crapper.

I remind myself of why I am staying quit every day... for ME! My decisions affect my co-workers, my family, etc! The times I have considered caving I come on here and look at the connections I have made. It's been less than a month, but I feel like I have known these guys for a lot longer. Recovery has a way of connecting people.

I'd like to also remind you that if you think of caving, think of how much you will be letting yourself and us down. I am sure you have read the wave of shit those who cave have gotten and how much extra work they have had to put in to gain the trust and respect back.

INTEGRITY!

Cave Contract

Tend Your Garden

You aren't going to miss dipping, you only think you do right now. What you are going to realize is the it didnt really ever do anything for you and that you can accomplish and enjoy all things without it.

The only thing dip EVER did for you was remove the withdrawal symptoms you were experiencing. Its called chemical dependency. Your addicted brain interpreted that feeling as pleasurable. That is the big lie. We as addicts become brainwashed. Right now it is common to be feeling a void, what you need to understand is that nicotine will not fill the void, NICOTINE CREATES THE VOID.

Keep up the good work. One day at a time.

Offline meatbock509

• Quitter
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2013, 05:47:00 AM »
Will do! I will not let any of you down

Offline Rob1985

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2013, 05:43:00 AM »

INTEGRITY!

Cave Contract

Tend Your Garden

One Year 2/23/14
Two Years 2/23/15
1000 Days 11/19/15

Offline meatbock509

• Quitter
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2013, 04:42:00 AM »
So I decided yes am going to miss dipping, however i think i would miss my lower jaw alot more, thats what i keep telling myself every day, no matter how hard it gets, i want to stay quit for my family, especially my brother, who by the way i am extremely proud of for quitting, i am also quitting for all of you guys no matter how hard this gets, i will not give in, So I say 'Finger' to the Dip and :D to a tobacco and nicotine free life, good luck to all of you guys, we can do this Shit!

Offline jbradley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2013, 01:30:00 AM »
Ok So today was rather rough, I was really shaky, and my whole body has been aching since earlier today, is that normal for my whole body to ach after quitting something like dip? I am trying to get my mind off of dipping, but today I really felt like i needed one, though this is my only second day of quitting so maybe this will pass, also do you ever stop thinking about dip after you have quit and about how long does it take for cravings to go completely away if ever?
Hey Meat, FYI- quitting doesn't cause the shakes or your body to be achy. You poisoned yourself for how many years? You quitting isn't the problem, tobacco is the problem.

I am at 162 and get the occasional crave, but they go away easier now. Slow down take a breath, run around the block if you have to, do push ups until your arms fall off. The point is if you dwell on dipping you will always think about dipping. Get your mind on something else and things will get better faster.

Quit one day at a time, post roll everyday, grab your nuts and suck it up. You can do this.

Offline meatbock509

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2013, 01:09:00 AM »
Ok So today was rather rough, I was really shaky, and my whole body has been aching since earlier today, is that normal for my whole body to ach after quitting something like dip? I am trying to get my mind off of dipping, but today I really felt like i needed one, though this is my only second day of quitting so maybe this will pass, also do you ever stop thinking about dip after you have quit and about how long does it take for cravings to go completely away if ever?