Author Topic: Day 1 Quit, I'm gonna get through this.  (Read 591 times)

Offline fisherman

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 1 Quit, I'm gonna get through this.
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 12:09:00 PM »
I'd never heard of Bacc Off before. I've used some ginseng blend before. I may have to try this Bacc Off if my cravings get fired up too much. Problem is they don't sell it within a 100 mile radius of where I live outside Savannah.
Funny, my wife and I went out on a date last week for the first time in about 3 years. We realized that we'd just about forgotten how to talk to each other without having kids yapping in between us. Parenthood is a trip, now it doesn't involve dip!

Offline dinglenut

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 10:42:00 AM »
i would agree, other then oversleeping this morning, the wife and i went out for dinner and a movie, by the time we got home the sitter and the kids were all asleep. probably the first night we have done a night out on a weeknight in the last 5 years.

I'm using a can of bacc off to suplement the habit moments. then taking it out asap when i come to my senses.

Offline fisherman

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 09:56:00 AM »
I couldn't drive home fast enough yesterday. I made it though. Felt great not havin' nasty ass spit cups to throw out, cans rattlin' around, or worryin' about how much shit I had stuck in my teeth or if my breath reaked of skoal.
I'd say I felt about 5 times better at home last night dip free, than I've felt in a long time. Had more energy.............

Offline Sloppytaters

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 12:04:00 AM »
Quote from: dinglenut
Yeah it looks like i'm going to just squeek into October. I hear ya on the way home. Since my wife works till 6 I have an hour to run and grab the kids and misc errands and shit and would just load up the kids and my lip and start the running.

The biggest one I run into is playing computer/ps3 games with my kids, it was just a natural time to load up and go. so that will be a hard moment.

My pockets are lined with jolly ranchers, gum, suckers, caramels.
I know exactly what you mean about the computer/ps3 game thing. For me gaming and tobacco went hand in hand. Im kinda laying off the games this week, possibly next week aswell.

Its kinda funny to look at my desk right now, Theres 2 cans of mint snuff, cinnamon flavor and spearmint flavor, 1 bag of jolly ranchers, 1 roll of breathsavers, 2 packs of trident and a large bag of beef jerky, and a half eaten bag of BBQ sunflower seeds. Im sliding into day 4 and everyone of those things has helped.

Offline dinglenut

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 03:35:00 PM »
Yeah it looks like i'm going to just squeek into October. I hear ya on the way home. Since my wife works till 6 I have an hour to run and grab the kids and misc errands and shit and would just load up the kids and my lip and start the running.

The biggest one I run into is playing computer/ps3 games with my kids, it was just a natural time to load up and go. so that will be a hard moment.

My pockets are lined with jolly ranchers, gum, suckers, caramels.

Offline fisherman

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 03:18:00 PM »
I hear ya dinglenut! I'm on day 2. We're similar ages, similar years slave to the can, and similar family situations. Best of luck to you. I"m about to drive home from work, which used to be my time with tobacco......not today though. Are you in the Ocotober quit group?

Offline dinglenut

Day 1 Quit, I'm gonna get through this.
« on: July 22, 2010, 02:50:00 PM »
16 Years chewing, I'm quitting for myself to enjoy my time with my wife and kids without having to be a slave to the can.

31 Years old from Sioux City Iowa, Wife of 9 years 2 kids 7 and 2 years old.