Author Topic: Day 10 without, This Quit Will Stick  (Read 407 times)

Offline Cope30

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-16
  • Interests: Hunting and Fishing!http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/11504909/
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 10 without, This Quit Will Stick
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 03:35:00 PM »
Quote from: JMini17
Hi All,

Came on here ages ago looking for inspiration to quit. Maybe one day I will put the whole story out there about the ups and downs of my quit but for right now I wanted to say hello.

I began my quit a few weeks ago but entered my quit date as Feb 28th because I had a rude morning with a spitter on my desk after a long weekend.

Currently fighting it out with some withdrawal symptoms, things seem to be loosening up on me, after 10 years constant dipping. I used to dip LC then pouches because my gums eroded too much. Throwing in a packed stadium (2 upper 2 lower) every time I reached for the tin, I found myself at 1-3 tins a day depending on my privacy and plans.

Woke up recently hacking up the black/brown/red god knows what in my throat and spitting blood randomly through the day and decided it was time. I couldn't dip without pain and feeling my teeth shift when my lips would push on them to spit. I had enough and now I am just barely beginning to see the other side of the physical withdrawal symptoms and I can't wait to be a better version of me.

This is my third time I am quitting and it will be my last. Cold turkey because I'll be damned if it's easy.

Wish everyone the best and looking forward to reading here anytime I am feeling iffy.

Thank you all again,
JMini
Congrats on the quit bro. Don't let that Nic Bitch whisper in your ear to come back, she will try, believe me she will try. hang tight and don't cave my brother.
I quit with you today.
2 Timothy 1:7 - For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

HOF 11/24/15 Zombroski Nymphos
1st Floor 11-24-15
2nd Floor 3-3-16
3rd Floor 6-11-16
4th Floor 9-19-16
5th Floor 12-27-16
6th Floor 4-7-17

http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/11504909/

http://www.panicend.com/de.html

Offline wildirish317

• Free
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Past the cravings Past the drama Still an addict
  • Quit Date: 2/25/2016
  • Interests: I am the most boring person you will ever meet.
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 09:03:00 PM »
Wish everyone the best and looking forward to reading here anytime I am feeling iffy.
I hope you feel iffy every focking day!

Truth is, the way you describe yourself, you're walking dead. Your mouth is decayed to the point your teeth will start falling out within a year. You're spitting blood because of the cancer that has taken hold somewhere between your lips and your stomach. You're done. You're toast.

Do you really want to quit? Prove it!
“Everything good that has happened to me has happened as a direct result of helping someone else, everything". - Danny Trejo

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 05:06:00 PM »
Quote from: kubiackalpha
Hi All,

Came on here ages ago looking for inspiration to quit. Maybe one day I will put the whole story out there about the ups and downs of my quit but for right now I wanted to say hello.

I began my quit a few weeks ago but entered my quit date as Feb 28th because I had a rude morning with a spitter on my desk after a long weekend.

Currently fighting it out with some withdrawal symptoms, things seem to be loosening up on me, after 10 years constant dipping. I used to dip LC then pouches because my gums eroded too much. Throwing in a packed stadium (2 upper 2 lower) every time I reached for the tin, I found myself at 1-3 tins a day depending on my privacy and plans.

Woke up recently hacking up the black/brown/red god knows what in my throat and spitting blood randomly through the day and decided it was time. I couldn't dip without pain and feeling my teeth shift when my lips would push on them to spit. I had enough and now I am just barely beginning to see the other side of the physical withdrawal symptoms and I can't wait to be a better version of me.

This is my third time I am quitting and it will be my last. Cold turkey because I'll be damned if it's easy.

Thank you all again,
JMini
Welcome to the group! We are here with you. 'bang head'
wow! really? your mouth is falling apart, youre spitting up blood and going at this shit alone! you one badaSS OR HMMMM.....post roll get the help and advice you need before its to late , why is it so frigging hard to accept help!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline kubiackalpha

• Quitter
  • Interests: Boobs, Butts (on females)....is there anything else that would be of interest? I can't think of any.
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 09:10:00 AM »
Hi All,

Thank you all again,
JMini
Welcome to the group! We are here with you. 'bang head'

Offline copingwithoutcopen

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 07:53:00 AM »
Hey Jmini!

I'm not sure I understand your cavaleer plan. It sounds like your mouth is falling apart. It sounds like you've failed on your own in the past. I understand that part, we've all been there.

I gotta ask a couple questions...What makes this time different? What do you have to lose?

This place works. It's an all or nothing venture. We don't back down and we don't pussy foot around the fight. We face it daily and we win. All in.

Please join the fight. Make this your last quit. Anything less is just chatter.

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 12:27:00 AM »
Glad to have you here. I'd suggest you schedule a dentist appointment.

Join the June pre HOF quit group. Post roll every morning, first thing. You'll find instructions in the thread.

Make a promise to quit each day, every day. One day at a time.

Offline JMini17

• Quit Date: 2016-02-28
Day 10 without, This Quit Will Stick
« on: March 08, 2016, 09:35:00 PM »
Hi All,

Thank you all again,
JMini