Author Topic: Day one fun!!  (Read 681 times)

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day one fun!!
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2015, 11:22:00 PM »
Shane.... You posted roll once....?
The cost of using this sight is posting roll daily.
If you don't...you are history.
We are about keeping our word, and promise, that we make every morning.
This isnt Top Gun... And we dont do fly byies.
We are here every day 100%.
Engage...
I quit with you today...post roll.
Rawls 358
I believe.....

Offline fowlmouth

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2015-09-28
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2015, 08:33:00 PM »
You are out of the physical stuff, my friend. It is all mental now. This is where the rubber meets the road! Extend that web of accountability. Use the periods of strength to spread the web, and lean on it in periods of weakness.

Offline iSpaz

• Quit Date: 2015-11-04
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2015, 02:43:00 PM »
Just checking in. Things are going good. Day two and three were a little rough but it has eased of a bunch. I just reach for the can or have cravings a few times a day. Then the cravings do not last more than a few minutes at most. The skin tingling has gone away.

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2015, 12:29:00 AM »
Quote from: KennyZ
Great start but you are missing out on posting every day! You are now at 50% (1 on; 1 miss). You need to make your promise EDD (every damn day). If you are having problems remembering to post or getting to a computer, then you need to reach out to the group and grab some numbers. You can text your roll post and they can track you down if you go missing.
50% sucks.... Like being addicted to a plant..... That kills.
"Day one fun"..... Is Sarcasm.

Nicotine + Sarcasm = Cancer

Fun that!

Get serious.....Get in here.
Rawls 357
I believe.....

Offline KennyZ

• February 2015
  • Master of Quit
  • February 2015
  • Quit Date: 11/11/2014
  • Likes Given: 308
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2015, 02:52:00 PM »
Great start but you are missing out on posting every day! You are now at 50% (1 on; 1 miss). You need to make your promise EDD (every damn day). If you are having problems remembering to post or getting to a computer, then you need to reach out to the group and grab some numbers. You can text your roll post and they can track you down if you go missing.

Offline eyehatecope

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-09
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2015, 08:39:00 PM »
Quote from: AppleJack
Quote from: eyehatecope
...and good luck!
Tiny correction in the wording here...

We don't rely on luck or hoping or trying.

You're at KTC... we DO here. Go all in and follow our method. It works.
Good catch AJ! My fault! Correction on it's way.
Jenny and Tom Kern

RIP My Brother!

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2015, 08:21:00 PM »
Quote from: eyehatecope
...and good luck!
Tiny correction in the wording here...

We don't rely on luck or hoping or trying.

You're at KTC... we DO here. Go all in and follow our method. It works.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline eyehatecope

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-09
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 07:47:00 PM »
Congrats and quit on!

If I were you I'd go read the cancer stories. God bless them and their families for enduring what they did, it's a definite reminder how lucky some of us are.

I quit with you!
Jenny and Tom Kern

RIP My Brother!

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Likes Given: 329
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2015, 05:20:00 PM »
Remember you have the site to read, you have the live chat, and you have the February Groupme to help pass any craves or get questions answered. Your fellow Feb quitters put up a list of who to PM to get into the groupme.

Offline iSpaz

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 05:07:00 PM »
Thank you for the support. I dipped, smoked and chewed when I was in my teens. Then nothing for years. Then a closet smoker for a few years. Maybe one or two a day but not every day. Then picked up some snuff on a hunting trip and the rest is history. Went from a can every 3 or 4 days to a can a day and sometimes more on weekends. I just figured it was something to do. Then got addicted. Today has not been too bad though. I have not snapped at anyone or been really frustrated. I have reached for the can out of impulse about 5 times today but the urge did not stay long. Been thru some gum and sunflower seeds and tooth picks. Will try to stay busy tonight.

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 650
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 02:51:00 PM »
Quote from: iSpaz
I decided last night while on the the phone with this smoking hot chick I met on POF that I am done with snuff!! I went out to my truck and got rid of all my cans and even the secret ones I hide just in case. I kept one empty can and put trident gum in it so I do not feel naked. I always check my front pocket for snuff before I walk out the door. I figure even though it is full of gum it will relieve a little anxiety that I am forgetting something. Almost half way thru the day and no met down yet. I was about a can a day of Grizzly just for reference. I quit once a few years back for like 6 months than picked it up one day because I was upset about something. The first dip I took I threw up then waited a few minutes and tried again. Been dipping ever since. I have noticed the last few months I will o to sleep with a fresh dip in my mouth. So far the quit has been pretty uneventful. First off this morning I prayed for god to take away my desire to want or need the stuff. Then the morning was normal except the drive in was gum not snuff. Had my morning coffee as usual. Had a couple handfuls of sunflower seeds then a couple more bits of gum now I am ready for lunch. Only a couple times I have reached for the can. So far so good!!
good to see you made it over to the roll call man. man i wonder how many a us neerly puked the first time we dipped. that was the shit tellin us to stay cleer and we were to dam dum to lissen.

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Likes Given: 329
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 01:33:00 PM »
Welcome to quit! That is a good start. You want to go to the February 2016 quit group, post roll (your promise to yourself and everyone that you will use no nicotine the next 24 hours) and say hello to a bunch of quitters also in their first days quit. Exchange digits with those guys to build a support network.

Drink lots of water, get exercise, and read this site to understand what lays ahead.

I quit with you today.

Offline iSpaz

Day one fun!!
« on: November 04, 2015, 01:27:00 PM »
I decided last night while on the the phone with this smoking hot chick I met on POF that I am done with snuff!! I went out to my truck and got rid of all my cans and even the secret ones I hide just in case. I kept one empty can and put trident gum in it so I do not feel naked. I always check my front pocket for snuff before I walk out the door. I figure even though it is full of gum it will relieve a little anxiety that I am forgetting something. Almost half way thru the day and no met down yet. I was about a can a day of Grizzly just for reference. I quit once a few years back for like 6 months than picked it up one day because I was upset about something. The first dip I took I threw up then waited a few minutes and tried again. Been dipping ever since. I have noticed the last few months I will o to sleep with a fresh dip in my mouth. So far the quit has been pretty uneventful. First off this morning I prayed for god to take away my desire to want or need the stuff. Then the morning was normal except the drive in was gum not snuff. Had my morning coffee as usual. Had a couple handfuls of sunflower seeds then a couple more bits of gum now I am ready for lunch. Only a couple times I have reached for the can. So far so good!!