Author Topic: Struggling to continue  (Read 10507 times)

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
Re: Struggling to continue
« Reply #136 on: September 13, 2019, 01:28:18 AM »
Gromo my man, you’ve put down the can and dropped that addiction like Uzbekistan rolling every day all up in my clan dontcha know I’m your biggest fan jumping up into your quit van (look kids – free candy!) the shine of your quit gave us all a great tan while ODAAT we ran and ran while warring on tobacco and all out ban. Seeing you hit 600 is a real treat….kinda like eating flan.
Xoxoxo
I love you
bye

roflmao roflmao roflmao

The Greek Lyrical Gangsta

Congrats my brother @Gromo, damn proud to be fighting this battle by your side.

Hahahah this is awesome brotha. Love you man

Although we already conversed earlier via text, I'll tell you again right here:

'party2' CONGRATS BROTHER JAMES 'party2'

Congratulations on another big step. Bigger and brighter days are ahead - as good as this freedom feels... there’s still more upside. Thanks for including me on this great ride. You are an inspiration, brother.

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #135 on: September 08, 2019, 03:37:41 AM »
Gromo my man, you’ve put down the can and dropped that addiction like Uzbekistan rolling every day all up in my clan dontcha know I’m your biggest fan jumping up into your quit van (look kids – free candy!) the shine of your quit gave us all a great tan while ODAAT we ran and ran while warring on tobacco and all out ban. Seeing you hit 600 is a real treat….kinda like eating flan.
Xoxoxo
I love you
bye

roflmao roflmao roflmao

Although we already conversed earlier via text, I'll tell you again right here:

'party2' CONGRATS BROTHER JAMES 'party2'
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline Gromo

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-01-16
  • Interests: I'm James I like Football, Baseball, Rock Concerts, Fixing up my house/yard, Hunting, Drinking high quality whiskey and wine, writing and of course spending time with my wife.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #134 on: September 07, 2019, 06:10:34 PM »
Xoxoxo
I love you
bye

roflmao roflmao roflmao

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 971
« Reply #133 on: September 07, 2019, 03:58:53 PM »
Xoxoxo
I love you
bye

roflmao roflmao roflmao

Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
« Reply #132 on: September 07, 2019, 08:30:35 AM »
Xoxoxo
I love you
bye
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
  • Interests: Family, fishing, football, friends and being quitI love my wife and two daughters. I'm not perfect but strive every day to be better.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #131 on: September 07, 2018, 07:31:00 PM »
Poof

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
  • Interests: Family, fishing, football, friends and being quitI love my wife and two daughters. I'm not perfect but strive every day to be better.
« Reply #130 on: August 23, 2018, 10:35:00 AM »
Getting close to un chartered quit waters.....never been past 7 months in 30 years....222 qlf

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #129 on: August 15, 2018, 11:51:00 AM »
Everyone is different, appreciating folks for there differences is key in addictions. We all had a similar problem with nicotine, if not the same.....however, the consequences of that addictions or other separate addictions are unique to each of us. Talking about it helps, thanks guys

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #128 on: August 11, 2018, 03:35:00 PM »
I have similar thoughts sometimes. When forever takes my breath away I focus on today and the promise that I made this morning. Had a long talk with T.P. the other night and rehashed some of the reason why I chose to go down this path. All of those reasons are still valid. My neighbor's brother died last night from cirrhosis of the liver. That's a path that I was on. It's not any longer. When I think of that, all of the what if's shrink to insignificance. Like nicotine, I can't have just one. I never have. I drink till I pass out. Always have. I admit when I started I was in it to 'slow down' but not any more. I can't complain. I've had a good and full life; I've drank enough for three lifetimes. It was time for me to leave the party. Sure do love you and the support that you've given me. I raise my virgin margarita and salute you.
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Gromo

• Quitter
  • Interests: I'm James I like Football, Baseball, Rock Concerts, Fixing up my house/yard, Hunting, Drinking high quality whiskey and wine, writing and of course spending time with my wife.
« Reply #127 on: August 11, 2018, 12:27:00 PM »
As the days pass my reasoning for drinking is going with it. When I first started my quit it was because I struggled at stopping. I would use "eh its just a stoppage, so what if I post a day one tomorrow!" Because I wanted to stop not quit. I Can promise that I'm quit today, I can't promise I'll be quit forever. But I needed a reason to not drink today because I kept saying I couldn't quit cause I was planning on drinking on my anniversary, and when we took our trip to Ireland. But I would use those as an excuse to drink today because it is Saturday, or its hot, or its been a long day, or its the fair, or its just one etc etc etc. As the number since I quit grows larger and the number of days to my anniversary grows smaller, I realize that now that I've been quit for 90 days and on my anniversary I'll be quit 155 days and I dont know if I wanna throw that away for a couple glasses of wine we made for our wedding and one of Grappa that I bought on our honeymoon in a small distillery outside of Rome. I actually dropped my College courses I was planning on taking because they involved tasting different wines. As the days grow longer the times I'm definitely gonna cave on alcohol are getting nearer and ceasing to be as important. Class, if you'd have asked me at day 30, I'm obviously going to cave on the class that is designed around tasting different Italian varieties of wine...now I no longer have that class. Anniversary, if You'd had asked me at day 70 I'd have said I'm definitely Going to cave, I mean the wedding wine probably only has another dozen years of being good and we've got 3-4 cases left of it, it's very important to me! Now at day 90....well...maybe I dont wanna, I'll just have one glass and the sip of Grappa, I'll still cave but I don't need to get sloshed. If you ask me right now I'll say I'm definitely caving in Ireland. I mean the whole point of going there and to scotland are to see the sights and to drink the booze. But there's been so many definitely caving moments already and even big events I've changed my mind on....Who knows...All I know is for today I'm quit. I used to not want to be, I'll admit there have been days I've not caved not because my life was more important to me than drinking but because I knew if I caved it'd make it that much easier for my brother Athan to cave and my wife would be comfortable drinking more, so I wouldn't be ticking off my 3rd month sober without them.

I can honestly say...today isn't a struggle. There is no struggle to continue right now. I'm sure there will be in the future, but right now...because of everyone in my corner...I'm probably the most content I've been throughout my entire quit.

Offline Gromo

• Quitter
« Reply #126 on: August 04, 2018, 12:21:00 AM »
Love you guys Thank you all for keeping me quit. I could not be where I'm at without each of you

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #125 on: August 03, 2018, 05:56:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: srains918
Quote from: skolvikings
200 brother, well freaking done.

You are a cornerstone of my quit and I look forward to stacking the days by your side.

Love ya brother!!
Congrats on 200 brother!!!

Proud to be QLF with you!
Honored as hell to quit with you, sir.
Yippie- ki- ay!!!!!! Two hundy today, big love but not gay (more than words can say), and more on the way, thick as jellyfish in the bay and I quit with you today.
Love you JGromo. Thank you for the last two hundred.

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #124 on: August 03, 2018, 05:26:00 PM »
Quote from: srains918

You are a cornerstone of my quit and I look forward to stacking the days by your side.

Love ya brother!!

Honored as hell to quit with you, sir.

Offline SRains918

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • January '18 F.U.R.Y. Council
  • Quit Date: 9/29/17 And Every Damn Day Since
  • Likes Given: 2887
« Reply #123 on: August 03, 2018, 04:16:00 PM »

Love ya brother!!

... "If you want to be quit you need the help of others. To stay quit you need to help others quit." - walterwhite .......... My HOF Speech .......... Day One 9/29/17 ... HOF 1/6/18 ... 2nd Floor 4/16/18 ... 3rd Floor 7/25/18 ... 1st Lap 9/28/18 ... 4th Floor 11/2/18 ... 1/2 Comma 2/10/19 ... 6th Floor 5/21/19 ... 7th Floor 8/29/19 ... 2nd Lap 9/29/19 ... 8th Floor 12/7/19 ... Now accepting applications for F.U.R.Y. Council 2.0 - text for details ...

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 971
« Reply #122 on: August 03, 2018, 03:30:00 PM »

Love ya brother!!
Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH