Author Topic: 1,000 days is a bit late  (Read 6590 times)

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 597
Re: 1,000 days is a bit late
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2014, 06:35:00 PM »
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: gmann
Quote from: mogul
Quote from: SirDerek
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: Sapper
Quote from: Radman
4 years. I am quit.

I'm still wondering how long I'll stay here at KTC. I honestly..... VERY honestly...... didn't think it would be this long. I remember thinking up front that once I hit 100 days nobody would be able to tell me a dang thing about quitting, so I wouldn't need this place. I sure as hell wouldn't need to post roll anymore. Experience and age certainly bring wisdom.

As I sit here today, I wonder if 4 years is long enough. Then I realize for the umpteenth time that this place is more than a quit site. It is a family. It is a brotherhood (with some sisters, too). Maybe a twisted, crazy brotherhood...... but still a brotherhood. I have too many friends here to go away.

I owe the 4 years of quit, and also my health, to KTC.

If you're reading this, you're part of my support network. I thank you.

I thank all of you.

Quit on.
congrats, that's awesome.
Yah, that is awesome!
great job my friend
humbling. Thank you
Congrats,rad
Congrats.
I wanna be like RadMan...Congratulations Rad on 4 years. Thanks for being here and making a difference.
Still need.... WANT that signature on my shirt
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45

Assurance

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2014, 02:08:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65
4 years. I am quit.

I'm still wondering how long I'll stay here at KTC. I honestly..... VERY honestly...... didn't think it would be this long. I remember thinking up front that once I hit 100 days nobody would be able to tell me a dang thing about quitting, so I wouldn't need this place. I sure as hell wouldn't need to post roll anymore. Experience and age certainly bring wisdom.

As I sit here today, I wonder if 4 years is long enough. Then I realize for the umpteenth time that this place is more than a quit site. It is a family. It is a brotherhood (with some sisters, too). Maybe a twisted, crazy brotherhood...... but still a brotherhood. I have too many friends here to go away.

I thank all of you.

Quit on.
Yah, that is awesome!
great job my friend
humbling. Thank you
Congrats,rad
Congrats.
I wanna be like RadMan...Congratulations Rad on 4 years. Thanks for being here and making a difference.
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2014, 08:28:00 AM »
4 years. I am quit.

I thank all of you.

Quit on.
Yah, that is awesome!
great job my friend
humbling. Thank you
Congrats,rad
Congrats.

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2014, 10:38:00 PM »
4 years. I am quit.

I thank all of you.

Quit on.
Yah, that is awesome!
great job my friend
humbling. Thank you
Congrats,rad

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2014, 06:17:00 PM »
4 years. I am quit.

I thank all of you.

Quit on.
Yah, that is awesome!
great job my friend
humbling. Thank you

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2014, 05:31:00 PM »
4 years. I am quit.

I thank all of you.

Quit on.
Yah, that is awesome!
great job my friend

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2014, 11:24:00 AM »
4 years. I am quit.

I thank all of you.

Quit on.
Yah, that is awesome!

Offline Sap

• Quitter
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2014, 11:04:00 AM »
4 years. I am quit.

I thank all of you.

Quit on.
If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic? - Sam Harris

What the hell is a meatless, cheeseless pizza? Isn't that a breadstick? Doc Chewfree

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2014, 11:01:00 AM »
4 years. I am quit.

I thank all of you.

Quit on.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2014, 02:49:00 PM »
Bear with me, y'all. This is about as nostalgic as ole Rad ever gets. I also posted this over in the Random thread, but I felt like updating my mental battle here concerning my friend's field near my house. This tobacco field is maturing rapidly as I drive by it every day. It's hard to put into words for any who didn't grow up in a rural setting, but this is my therapy for today.

Today is Friday, and I was in a particularly good mood as I left home. Comfortable temp, nice tunes on the XM, cold OJ in hand, truck windows down, V8 rumbling happily as I began the 18 mile rural commute to work. Everything was right. They just topped this young patch, so the smell of the fresh buds wafted through the truck as I approached. Nostalgia from my youth gripped me and before I knew it, I had parked and was just standing there in the field. I leaned on the truck bumper, stood there in the calm morning air, and watched the sun rise over this field of deep green. It was quite a beautiful thing.

The devil in disguise.

I recalled the carefree summer mornings as an early teenager when I'd experience these same senses before starting the harvesting day. It was a simpler time. No worries except making a few bucks. No responsibility. Lots of laughs. Serveral friends by my side. Worked hard, played hard. Then the current reality came back to me. No matter how serene and beautiful, that right there is my fiercest enemy. I was staring peacefully at a field of deadly plants that poison, kill, and wreak havoc on the human body. It has taken dear family members from me, and ruined my own health for near 20 years. It threatens to draw in my children.

Love, hate, beauty, serenity, nostalgia, relaxation, fear, pride, shame......... all of them were there.

Thanks for the memories, but 'Finger' .

NAFAR.
Excellent perspective bro... Thanks.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2014, 02:45:00 PM »
Bear with me, y'all. This is about as nostalgic as ole Rad ever gets. I also posted this over in the Random thread, but I felt like updating my mental battle here concerning my friend's field near my house. This tobacco field is maturing rapidly as I drive by it every day. It's hard to put into words for any who didn't grow up in a rural setting, but this is my therapy for today.

Today is Friday, and I was in a particularly good mood as I left home. Comfortable temp, nice tunes on the XM, cold OJ in hand, truck windows down, V8 rumbling happily as I began the 18 mile rural commute to work. Everything was right. They just topped this young patch, so the smell of the fresh buds wafted through the truck as I approached. Nostalgia from my youth gripped me and before I knew it, I had parked and was just standing there in the field. I leaned on the truck bumper, stood there in the calm morning air, and watched the sun rise over this field of deep green. It was quite a beautiful thing.

The devil in disguise.

I recalled the carefree summer mornings as an early teenager when I'd experience these same senses before starting the harvesting day. It was a simpler time. No worries except making a few bucks. No responsibility. Lots of laughs. Serveral friends by my side. Worked hard, played hard. Then the current reality came back to me. No matter how serene and beautiful, that right there is my fiercest enemy. I was staring peacefully at a field of deadly plants that poison, kill, and wreak havoc on the human body. It has taken dear family members from me, and ruined my own health for near 20 years. It threatens to draw in my children.

Love, hate, beauty, serenity, nostalgia, relaxation, fear, pride, shame......... all of them were there.

Thanks for the memories, but 'Finger' .

NAFAR.

Offline bronc

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 3/14/14
  • Interests: Rodeo, Hunting, Raising my daughter, Cooking and entertaining
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2014, 10:37:00 AM »
Thanks for the positive input, guys.
Dang, I really appreciated reading through this. That fueled me today. Thanks Radman!

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2014, 08:07:00 AM »
Thanks for the positive input, guys.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2014, 11:27:00 AM »
Quote from: mule
Day 1380

I haven't posted in my intro for quite some time. I haven't supported others in their intros as I should, but you can gurantee I'm here..... posting roll. Because it works, and because I have friends here that need support.

There has been much drama here recently, which has bred negativity and hostility. That's not what intros should be. I pulled mine back up to review the great support that I got when I finally posted an intro. Upon reading it, I thought maybe some positivity needs to come to the top here. I pledge to be more active in this section (as I once was), and invite any of you to shoot me a PM if I can help y'all in any way at all.

Rad +1
nice quit ya got there my friend.....

always glad to quit with you brother.

you'se a big ole stone in my own quit.

Thank you
Always good to see the quitters with commas refresh their intros, good stuff!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline mule

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 01/03/2008
  • Interests: Georgia Bulldawgs, hunting, fishing, coaching sports for kids
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2014, 11:10:00 AM »
Day 1380

I haven't posted in my intro for quite some time. I haven't supported others in their intros as I should, but you can gurantee I'm here..... posting roll. Because it works, and because I have friends here that need support.

There has been much drama here recently, which has bred negativity and hostility. That's not what intros should be. I pulled mine back up to review the great support that I got when I finally posted an intro. Upon reading it, I thought maybe some positivity needs to come to the top here. I pledge to be more active in this section (as I once was), and invite any of you to shoot me a PM if I can help y'all in any way at all.

Rad +1
nice quit ya got there my friend.....

always glad to quit with you brother.

you'se a big ole stone in my own quit.

Thank you