Author Topic: 1,000 days is a bit late  (Read 5787 times)

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 1,000 days is a bit late
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2019, 04:50:11 PM »
Day 3286 - I quit with all of you today.
If you did the math, you already that two days from now will be 9 years quit for this ole boy.  I couldn't have done it alone.  I haven't spent much time here recently, but I also haven't forgotten where I came from.   KTC saved me.  I came here today to do a little soul searching, and refresh the memories of where I started.   I'm reminded that I should spend more time here.

Radman -renewed humility today.
NAFAR

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2015, 08:07:00 AM »
Exactly 5 years ago I made a decision. I've been checking the box for option 1 ever since.

1. Quit.
2. Not quit.

These are the two choices for every day of our lives.

1827 days. Thanks to all quitters on this site.

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2015, 02:00:00 PM »
Quote from: KingNothing
These stories are truly inspirational for newbies like me. Thanks for posting this Rad and someday 1,700 will be a reality and not some far off galaxy. ODAAT. Thanks again.

King
You're most welcome.

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2015, 02:15:00 PM »
These stories are truly inspirational for newbies like me. Thanks for posting this Rad and someday 1,700 will be a reality and not some far off galaxy. ODAAT. Thanks again.

King
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2015, 08:46:00 AM »
Quote from: Radman
one seven zero zero

17th floor feels good.
Damn straight it does!

Congrats Rad!
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2015, 08:42:00 AM »
one seven zero zero

17th floor feels good.

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2015, 07:42:00 AM »
Quote from: kdip
Quote from: flashman
Quote from: jeeptruck
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: rdad
1609 days quit.

OK, so I let the last few milestones slide by with no posts here, but this is noteworthy. When I first found KTC, I would have bet my next paycheck that this place would have been a distant memory by now, but here I am. IÂ’m still posting and still quit. If any newer folks are reading this and wondering what the future holds, stop wondering and just go with it. Post today and forget about tomorrow.

Do I still need to be here at this point? Isn’t my quit strong enough to make it alone? I don’t know for sure, and I don’t intend to find out. There has been a change in my mindset at this point. KTC isn’t just about quitting anymore. At this point, it’s like any other social media site. My friends are here. Their life events are here. They count on me to be here. Now, some people will argue that this place is just a virtual house and no “real” friends will ever come of it. That’s where you’re wrong. I can prove that with one picture.

Savannah 2015 - group photo

That photo was taken this past Saturday (my 1607th quit day) at the 4th annual Savannah, GA quitter get together. Every person in that photo is a KTC quitter, and every one of them is a friend. Some of them IÂ’ve known longer than others, and there are bonds that I never knew would form. That picture represents a total of 23,126 days of quit right there in one spot. Accountability does not exist in a stronger form than that.

Brothers and sisters, if you have not made real friends here, then you are not fully engaged. If you have not been to an organized meet to break bread with other quitters, then you are leaving some accountability on the table. Either way, you are missing out on part of what makes this place so great. I encourage all of you to build some bonds and make some waves on this site. I don’t use the word awesome very often, but I can honestly think of nothing else to describe it. To stand with 17 other folks from all walks of life and get along great due to the one common battle we’re fighting, to hear the similarities in the quit stories, to cast all differences aside, and to bond as brothers and sisters separated by thousands of miles – that is something that just cannot be explained.
I'll say it...That IS AWESOME!!!!!! 'oh yeah'
When quitting becomes fun, quitting becomes who you are and what you want to be. I ceases to become an obligation, it becomes a connection to others.

This is a great post.
Gentlemen, I think quitting just became fun
'clap'
Not being able come this year really left a void in me This week. Hoping for next years
Missed you, Kdip. You focus on getting healed up. There will be another shidig next year.

But, you know we don't do "hoping" around here. Assuming there won't be another catastrophe, we'll see you next February, if not before.

Offline Kdip

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quitting and helping others quit, riding my motorcycle, baseball, football, old furniture restoration, junk collecting, vintage arcade machines, rafting, tubing, camping, my family and dog
  • Likes Given: 295
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2015, 10:34:00 PM »
Quote from: flashman
1609 days quit.

OK, so I let the last few milestones slide by with no posts here, but this is noteworthy. When I first found KTC, I would have bet my next paycheck that this place would have been a distant memory by now, but here I am. IÂ’m still posting and still quit. If any newer folks are reading this and wondering what the future holds, stop wondering and just go with it. Post today and forget about tomorrow.

Do I still need to be here at this point? Isn’t my quit strong enough to make it alone? I don’t know for sure, and I don’t intend to find out. There has been a change in my mindset at this point. KTC isn’t just about quitting anymore. At this point, it’s like any other social media site. My friends are here. Their life events are here. They count on me to be here. Now, some people will argue that this place is just a virtual house and no “real” friends will ever come of it. That’s where you’re wrong. I can prove that with one picture.

That photo was taken this past Saturday (my 1607th quit day) at the 4th annual Savannah, GA quitter get together. Every person in that photo is a KTC quitter, and every one of them is a friend. Some of them IÂ’ve known longer than others, and there are bonds that I never knew would form. That picture represents a total of 23,126 days of quit right there in one spot. Accountability does not exist in a stronger form than that.

Brothers and sisters, if you have not made real friends here, then you are not fully engaged. If you have not been to an organized meet to break bread with other quitters, then you are leaving some accountability on the table. Either way, you are missing out on part of what makes this place so great. I encourage all of you to build some bonds and make some waves on this site. I don’t use the word awesome very often, but I can honestly think of nothing else to describe it. To stand with 17 other folks from all walks of life and get along great due to the one common battle we’re fighting, to hear the similarities in the quit stories, to cast all differences aside, and to bond as brothers and sisters separated by thousands of miles – that is something that just cannot be explained.
When quitting becomes fun, quitting becomes who you are and what you want to be. I ceases to become an obligation, it becomes a connection to others.

This is a great post.
'clap'
Not being able come this year really left a void in me This week. Hoping for next years

Offline flash

• Proverbs 1:7
  • Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fools despise wisdom and instruction.
  • Quit Date: June 17, 2009
  • Interests: All sports, reading, movies, music. I like poetry, taking long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
  • Likes Given: 355
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2015, 06:47:00 PM »
1609 days quit.

This is a great post.
'clap'
"The second you stop and believe your own hype, you've lost."
   - Mark Owen, Navy Seal & Author: No Easy Day

Offline jeeptruck

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-23
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2015, 04:09:00 PM »
1609 days quit.

This is a great post.
HOF Date 9/30/2014 in the October Titans group

so what my quit dates in September and im in the Ocotber HOF group? that makes me a SuliTan
"Youll never regret staying quit, youll always regret caving"- Nolaq
"That's like putting a bolt back into a machine without never seizing it.... Your just fucking the next guy. " - Jake_M
"Hipsters don't even know which end of the Hammer to hold" - Bronc

2nd Floor: Jan 8 2015

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2015, 02:09:00 PM »
1609 days quit.

This is a great post.

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2015, 01:09:00 PM »
1609 days quit.

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2015, 01:01:00 PM »
1609 days quit.

Offline Menace

• Quitter
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2014, 10:04:00 PM »
Quote from: AppleJack
Quote from: CBird65
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Quote from: gmann
Quote from: mogul
Quote from: SirDerek
Quote from: Sapper
4 years. I am quit.

I'm still wondering how long I'll stay here at KTC. I honestly..... VERY honestly...... didn't think it would be this long. I remember thinking up front that once I hit 100 days nobody would be able to tell me a dang thing about quitting, so I wouldn't need this place. I sure as hell wouldn't need to post roll anymore. Experience and age certainly bring wisdom.

As I sit here today, I wonder if 4 years is long enough. Then I realize for the umpteenth time that this place is more than a quit site. It is a family. It is a brotherhood (with some sisters, too). Maybe a twisted, crazy brotherhood...... but still a brotherhood. I have too many friends here to go away.

I owe the 4 years of quit, and also my health, to KTC.

If you're reading this, you're part of my support network. I thank you.

I thank all of you.

Quit on.
congrats, that's awesome.
Yah, that is awesome!
great job my friend
humbling. Thank you
Congrats,rad
Congrats.
I wanna be like RadMan...Congratulations Rad on 4 years. Thanks for being here and making a difference.
Still need.... WANT that signature on my shirt
Very cool, bro! Thanks for sticking around and showing us all that never giving up is worth it!
'worship'
Menace

I'm a Quitter, Are You?

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 105
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2014, 07:11:00 PM »
Quote from: CBird65
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Quote from: gmann
Quote from: mogul
Quote from: SirDerek
Quote from: Sapper
4 years. I am quit.

I'm still wondering how long I'll stay here at KTC. I honestly..... VERY honestly...... didn't think it would be this long. I remember thinking up front that once I hit 100 days nobody would be able to tell me a dang thing about quitting, so I wouldn't need this place. I sure as hell wouldn't need to post roll anymore. Experience and age certainly bring wisdom.

As I sit here today, I wonder if 4 years is long enough. Then I realize for the umpteenth time that this place is more than a quit site. It is a family. It is a brotherhood (with some sisters, too). Maybe a twisted, crazy brotherhood...... but still a brotherhood. I have too many friends here to go away.

I owe the 4 years of quit, and also my health, to KTC.

If you're reading this, you're part of my support network. I thank you.

I thank all of you.

Quit on.
congrats, that's awesome.
Yah, that is awesome!
great job my friend
humbling. Thank you
Congrats,rad
Congrats.
I wanna be like RadMan...Congratulations Rad on 4 years. Thanks for being here and making a difference.
Still need.... WANT that signature on my shirt
Very cool, bro! Thanks for sticking around and showing us all that never giving up is worth it!
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.