Author Topic: * Stop putting it off and put down the can  (Read 2455 times)

Offline Farmboy86

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 9
* Stop putting it off and put down the can
« on: August 03, 2020, 09:21:53 PM »
100 days, sounds like a long time doesn't it? That's what I thought when I first decided to quit and stumbled on this site. But you know what it feels like just yesterday when I finally set my mind to being free from the clutches of the nasty addictive weed in the can. 3,650, that's at minimum the number of days that I was under the control of nicotine. When you put those 2 numbers next to eachother 100 sure seems like a short time. Well in that short time I feel like I've improved my life more than I ever did over that 3,650 days. My mouth no longer hurts for no reason, I can taste things like they used to taste years and years ago and most importantly I'm not constantly craving a dip. 3, 650 days is how many days I let my health suffer. It's how many days I spent money on poison to stick in my mouth. It's how many days I walked around with a bottle and grossed out my friends and family. You know I always knew it was stupid. I knew it was bad for me and that it was disgusting. But I just always ignored all of that and said well it's easier said than done to quit. I can't honestly say what got me to do it, I know being here for my niece and not having her see me doing that nasty habit was part of it but I just decided one day that I was done. I had changed my diet and was more active, I had seen doctors I had put off for years, I was doing all I could to get healthier so why was I still dipping? If you are like I was and giving yourself reasons why you can't quit right now I'm here to tell you that you can. I quit during one of the most stressful periods of my life and I'm not going to say it's easy or a good time. But focus on the things you are quitting for and it's easier than you might think. Everyday you put it off is one more day that you are allowing yourself to be controlled by a weed. You are saying that you are not as strong as that weed. You are selling yourself short. You can do it and everyone here is there to help you through it. So what are you waiting for?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 07:56:47 AM by chewie »