Author Topic: Day 1 Complete  (Read 19399 times)

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
Re: Day 1 Complete
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2020, 01:10:57 AM »
11 days finished, 12 tomorrow.

Good day today.  Not really much to say.  Still using too damn much fake stuff for my liking but I slept fine last night and had a pretty smooth day today.  Was able to get a decent workout in and did well with the hydration.

Overall a good day.
Keep on keepin' on man, you're doing great. Don't worry about the fake. I used cinnamon sticks and I still grab one every now and then. Whatever it takes to stay clean and free.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline titus01

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 12-26-2019
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2020, 12:29:11 AM »
11 days finished, 12 tomorrow.

Good day today.  Not really much to say.  Still using too damn much fake stuff for my liking but I slept fine last night and had a pretty smooth day today.  Was able to get a decent workout in and did well with the hydration.

Overall a good day.

Offline titus01

• Quitter
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2020, 01:09:19 AM »
10 down, 11 up

Slept in a bit this morning.  Decided to go look at some cars as im debating on buying something new when i move across country in a few weeks.  First time spending a good amount of time driving around since quitting.  Felt the urge to reach for the fake stuff a couple of times but was happy to avoid it.  Noticed that was feeling a little down this evening.  Should have worked out earlier but wanted a rest day.  Stayed on top of hydrating. 

Overall a decent day. 

Offline Bug Guy

• REMF
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Just a squirrel trying to get a nut
  • Quit Date: 1-4-19
  • Interests: Buckeye Football, Hunting, Hiking, Hanging with the family
  • Likes Given: 2427
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2020, 03:08:16 AM »
9 down, 10 on deck.

@Bug Guy I get what your saying. Im not sure how to best state it but the ease at which the fake stuff has replaced the real stuff gives me pause.  I dont recall craving a dip of snuff just for the nicotine.  I do recall many times where i just needed something between my cheek and gums.  I guess im just trying to reconcile the addition to nicotine with the habit of dipping in my mind.  I know the first part was going to be a bitch, i didn't realize that the latter would be stronger.

Today was another good day.  Woke up pretty early (sleep was neither bad nor good) and posted on roll call.  decided to crawl back into bed for a bit for another hour or so after.  Went and grabbed some breakfast and parked up to watch some tv.  Got a short workout in just to keep up the habit and decided to enjoy a glass of Rye tonight. 

Overall another pretty good day.
I absolutely get that. The pinch between gum and cheek is my biggest problem still. But i look at it, at least it's just coffee grinds. I know eventually i will get tired of it and it will be an afterthought. But for now, posting roll, helping others,  and using grinds is my recipe. There's times where i go a whole week without using it. But it's there just in case. Obviously you must do what works best for you. Exercise and hydration is very important too. Keeping your body and your mind right suppresses alot of those withdrawals early on. Yeah, I know, nic is out of your system in 3 days blah blah blah, but your mind will tell you well beyond that, that you still need it. As long as good goes in, good comes out. Keep pushing through and remember to celebrate those wins each day. You're doing great!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

INTRO | HOF SPEECH | HOF WRITEUP
QUIT 1/4/19 HOF 4/13/19 2ND FLOOR 7/22/19 3RD FLOOR 10/30/19 4TH FLOOR 2/7/20 5TH FLOOR 5/17/20 6TH FLOOR 8/25/20 7TH FLOOR 12/3/20 8TH FLOOR 3/13/21 9TH FLOOR 6/21/21 DANGLE FLOOR 9/29/21 11TH FLOOR 1/7/22 12TH FLOOR 4/17/22

Offline titus01

• Quitter
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2020, 01:11:16 AM »
9 down, 10 on deck.

@Bug Guy I get what your saying. Im not sure how to best state it but the ease at which the fake stuff has replaced the real stuff gives me pause.  I dont recall craving a dip of snuff just for the nicotine.  I do recall many times where i just needed something between my cheek and gums.  I guess im just trying to reconcile the addition to nicotine with the habit of dipping in my mind.  I know the first part was going to be a bitch, i didn't realize that the latter would be stronger.

Today was another good day.  Woke up pretty early (sleep was neither bad nor good) and posted on roll call.  decided to crawl back into bed for a bit for another hour or so after.  Went and grabbed some breakfast and parked up to watch some tv.  Got a short workout in just to keep up the habit and decided to enjoy a glass of Rye tonight. 

Overall another pretty good day.

Offline Bug Guy

• REMF
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Just a squirrel trying to get a nut
  • Quit Date: 1-4-19
  • Interests: Buckeye Football, Hunting, Hiking, Hanging with the family
  • Likes Given: 2427
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2020, 02:06:16 AM »
Welcome to the best damn quit month here at KTC! You need anything, give me a shout. My digits are a pm away. As far as fake goes, do whatever it takes to keep the real shit out of your mouth. Hell I'm on day 366 and have Grinds pouches in right now! NAFAR
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

INTRO | HOF SPEECH | HOF WRITEUP
QUIT 1/4/19 HOF 4/13/19 2ND FLOOR 7/22/19 3RD FLOOR 10/30/19 4TH FLOOR 2/7/20 5TH FLOOR 5/17/20 6TH FLOOR 8/25/20 7TH FLOOR 12/3/20 8TH FLOOR 3/13/21 9TH FLOOR 6/21/21 DANGLE FLOOR 9/29/21 11TH FLOOR 1/7/22 12TH FLOOR 4/17/22

Offline titus01

• Quitter
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2020, 01:16:45 AM »
8 down, 9 tomorrow.

Today was a pretty good day.  Got a good night's rest and woke up feeling pretty good.  No anxiety today.  Got a good workout in when i got home and have done decent with hydrating.  Still using more of the fake stuff than i would like.

Overall No complaints.

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2020, 02:55:54 AM »
7 days finished.

Last night was the first time anxiety has hit me since i quit.  Lying in bed i got to thinking about today being the first day back at work and what that would bring.  Not sure why it bothered me so much but it did.  It came back this morning as i was getting ready to head out.  Got to work and immediately wanted to go back home.  After an hour or so I finally calmed down.  Ended up feeling pretty damn good by the end of the day. 

Went through a ton of the fake stuff today.  I had been going without it until the afternoon but reached for it pretty early this morning.  The stuff really does the job when it comes to cravings for me.  Did get a solid workout in when i got home and have done decent on staying hydrated. 

Overall a rough day that ended pretty well.
OUTSTANDING! There is no substitute for VICTORY! You will never regret quitting, you will always regret a cave. Great job man and kudos for blogging it out and sharing the win.
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline titus01

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2020, 12:57:29 AM »
7 days finished.

Last night was the first time anxiety has hit me since i quit.  Lying in bed i got to thinking about today being the first day back at work and what that would bring.  Not sure why it bothered me so much but it did.  It came back this morning as i was getting ready to head out.  Got to work and immediately wanted to go back home.  After an hour or so I finally calmed down.  Ended up feeling pretty damn good by the end of the day. 

Went through a ton of the fake stuff today.  I had been going without it until the afternoon but reached for it pretty early this morning.  The stuff really does the job when it comes to cravings for me.  Did get a solid workout in when i got home and have done decent on staying hydrated. 

Overall a rough day that ended pretty well. 

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2020, 01:18:30 AM »
6 Days done.  Looking towards a full week tomorrow.

Slept pretty well last night, maybe a bit too long but i'm not complaining.  I guess the sleep aids helped.  I've felt pretty decent today.  Still a bit foggy in the evenings but not too bad.  Stuck with the exercise and hydration.

Overall pretty uneventful day which is perfectly fine with me.
It's a WIN! So many folks pass through here, make an intro and you never see 'em again.  You're a week clean man! Every day is a victory - celebrate it!

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline titus01

• Quitter
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2020, 01:05:41 AM »
6 Days done.  Looking towards a full week tomorrow.

Slept pretty well last night, maybe a bit too long but i'm not complaining.  I guess the sleep aids helped.  I've felt pretty decent today.  Still a bit foggy in the evenings but not too bad.  Stuck with the exercise and hydration.

Overall pretty uneventful day which is perfectly fine with me.

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1619
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2020, 12:21:43 PM »
5 full days completed.  Tomorrow marks the seven day overall.

Wasn't sure that it was possible but i somehow managed to sleep worse last night than I did the night before.  I dont know if i was asleep for more than 30 minutes at a time and eventually just got out of bed around 6 to post roll call.  Decided i would try a new place out for breakfast and sure enough it was terrible.  One thing i noticed is that my appetite hasn't changed a bit and if anything my daily caffeine intake has actually dropped.  Made sure to keep up with exercise and hydration but i really need to start drinking water earlier in the day rather than a ton a night.

Ended up going back to bed after breakfast.  Maybe got another hour or two of rest before starting the day in earnest.  I have to say while i'm not really feeling depressed per say today was the first day i noticed being excited about something, which was nice.   Still feeling a little foggy but overall not too bad.  As i posted on the Quit Group thread decided to stay home this evening.  Had a drink of Blanton's but that was about the extent of any celebrations apart from eating some jerky.  Didnt reach for the fake stuff till almost 4 today but dammit if i dont have a hard time putting it down once i do.

Went to the pharmacy to get some sleeping aids so hopefully that helps when i go to bed in an hour or two.

Be patient. Your body and mind are going through a lot and discovering a new way of doing things without nic. Good sleep will return, life will get much better, and the sense of pride you get from beating nic ODDAT is huge. You can do it and we are here to help. Make connections and reach out. Who have you texted lately or called. Shoot me a pm with digits and we can partner to quit with each other daily. There is power in numbers.
Jan19

Offline titus01

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2020, 01:28:16 AM »
5 full days completed.  Tomorrow marks the seven day overall.

Wasn't sure that it was possible but i somehow managed to sleep worse last night than I did the night before.  I dont know if i was asleep for more than 30 minutes at a time and eventually just got out of bed around 6 to post roll call.  Decided i would try a new place out for breakfast and sure enough it was terrible.  One thing i noticed is that my appetite hasn't changed a bit and if anything my daily caffeine intake has actually dropped.  Made sure to keep up with exercise and hydration but i really need to start drinking water earlier in the day rather than a ton a night.

Ended up going back to bed after breakfast.  Maybe got another hour or two of rest before starting the day in earnest.  I have to say while i'm not really feeling depressed per say today was the first day i noticed being excited about something, which was nice.   Still feeling a little foggy but overall not too bad.  As i posted on the Quit Group thread decided to stay home this evening.  Had a drink of Blanton's but that was about the extent of any celebrations apart from eating some jerky.  Didnt reach for the fake stuff till almost 4 today but dammit if i dont have a hard time putting it down once i do.

Went to the pharmacy to get some sleeping aids so hopefully that helps when i go to bed in an hour or two.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 01:33:04 AM by titus01 »

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2019, 09:03:17 AM »
Welcome Titus.  You've gotten great advice below.  Reach out if you'd like some more digits.  You can do this man.  Hold the line.
PTBQWYT my friend.

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2019, 04:09:26 AM »
....Coming up on over 96 hours.  Rough night of sleep last night full of tossing and turning...
... After waking up and walking towards to bathroom I caught myself subconsciously reaching towards the stand ...
The sleep deprivation is a real deal and a killer. I used OTC sleep aids to get through that. Fewer things will sap a mans resolve, morale, and general give a shit like sleep deprivation. The subconscious reaching for the can is a clear reminder of the insidiousness of the addiction. You are wise to change the location of your fake; break the behavior and break the habit component of the addiction. You're nicotine free now my friend - it's all mind games now.  I encourage you to look at what to expect so that you're not taken off guard. Use those digits and reach out. Rolling solo is a recipe for a cave.

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer