Author Topic: September 23rd 2020  (Read 2390 times)

Offline JimmyL86

• BANNED
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: September 23rd 2020
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 01:22:50 PM »
Welcome, same quit date here, read read read posts and articles, shop for some alternatives and lean on the community and gather your own knowledge from these guys, they have it together.
Nice to meet you Warpig. I got some gum and seeds and have been browsing this site for knowledge the past two days. Quite a bit of knowledge to be had so just reading and taking it one hour at a time. 

Offline Warpig

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: September 23, 2020, High Noon
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 11:31:31 AM »
Welcome, same quit date here, read read read posts and articles, shop for some alternatives and lean on the community and gather your own knowledge from these guys, they have it together.

Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game. I know, let's have a spelling contest!

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 10:39:38 AM »
Hello. I have been at it for about 15 years. This year, 2020, has been shitty in almost all aspects of my life, except my family and I still have our health. I have been wanting to quit for awhile (I am sure I am the first to say that...). What pushed me over the edge was a co-worker who I didn't really know too well died the other day (not of nicotine related issues). It made me think of my families health and my own. So September 23, 2020 will be a day I want to remember.

I am typing this on Day 2 (9/24/20). Day 1 wasn't bad. Kept my mind off of it. I did have a headache late in the day (rarity) and my gums bleed when I brushed my teeth at night (rarity). (I do not know if any of these symptoms are coincidence or related). I did make it through day 1. On to day 2.
Welcome in, bro.

Wise decision.
Life saving, in fact.

The way this works... works and sticks... is that you get involved here. Like, really involved. Join your quit group... post up your “no use” promise each day first thing. The guys and gals in your particular quit group are at a similar stage in their quit too. You need that. You need people who are right in the suck with you AND you need the ol’ timers to dangle the carrot and shine the light. No lie... you have some work to do and it’s going to suck. Period. If you want real freedom, it comes with a price. You have to earn it and it’s so much sweeter for it. Medical issues, both physical and mental, are gonna happen. Period. To what degree, really can’t be said. Each person on this site runs the range of issues. If it freaks you out... go see someone. Or bring it here to question the community at large.

One thing to keep in mind is how fucking awful nicotine is.

It’s deadly, bro. It messes with your physical and mental.
In. A. Big. Way.
Drop for drop it’s as potent a drug as heroin. You screwed with your entire self for 15 years with that drug. Healing is going to take some time. Again... it’s something you have to earn back.
I’ll say it again... get involved here and STAY involved. It works. Ask me how I know...

AJ... 2,718 days of freedom
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline JimmyL86

• BANNED
  • Likes Given: 0
September 23rd 2020
« on: September 24, 2020, 07:18:23 AM »
Hello. I have been at it for about 15 years. This year, 2020, has been shitty in almost all aspects of my life, except my family and I still have our health. I have been wanting to quit for awhile (I am sure I am the first to say that...). What pushed me over the edge was a co-worker who I didn't really know too well died the other day (not of nicotine related issues). It made me think of my families health and my own. So September 23, 2020 will be a day I want to remember.

I am typing this on Day 2 (9/24/20). Day 1 wasn't bad. Kept my mind off of it. I did have a headache late in the day (rarity) and my gums bleed when I brushed my teeth at night (rarity). (I do not know if any of these symptoms are coincidence or related). I did make it through day 1. On to day 2.