Author Topic: Hi there!  (Read 5175 times)

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
Re: Hi there!
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2020, 10:50:25 AM »
@Dajacks - Another disappearing act. I can't say I'm surprised. You've been on roll a total of 14 days and have caved 4 times. Do us all a favor and don't come back. This place is better off without you.

@Dajacks Just sack up and get it done. You should be celebrating 100+ days with us but you didn't find the strength to quit. Stop fooling yourself and grow up and just quit.
Nah ^^^
This fool doesn’t get another “try”.
He hasn’t been on in a week and, truthfully, it takes at least that long to get the taint of failure stench out of this place.

This was the 4th time?
Nah.
One and done... own it.

Good riddance.
'Finger'
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2020, 10:35:34 AM »
@Dajacks - Another disappearing act. I can't say I'm surprised. You've been on roll a total of 14 days and have caved 4 times. Do us all a favor and don't come back. This place is better off without you.

@Dajacks Just sack up and get it done. You should be celebrating 100+ days with us but you didn't find the strength to quit. Stop fooling yourself and grow up and just quit.
Nah ^^^
This fool doesn’t get another “try”.
He hasn’t been on in a week and, truthfully, it takes at least that long to get the taint of failure stench out of this place.

This was the 4th time?
Nah.
One and done... own it.

Good riddance.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline CTF

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2020, 12:51:15 AM »

Offline Peter Gibbons

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 6-17-2018
  • Likes Given: 821
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2020, 01:07:56 PM »

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1619
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2020, 12:38:22 PM »
I wasn't successful. I would be approaching 100 days this month if I had. Honestly, the thought of quitting nags at me, and I really would like to give it a shot. Could I join the December quit group?
Well @Dajacks all I can say is prepare to have your butt chewed out. You will need to answer to a whole bunch of people plus answer the normal questions. You need to be reaching out and building a group of supporters that you can get help from. As the Sept 2020 rolls through their celebration this month it sucks that you could not be one that celebrates with them. I know how difficult it is to stay quit as I have placed plenty of info about my quit in my intro. I would suggest to read my intro but I am not putting myself higher then anybody just using my sorry self as an example. I wish you well and if you need anything let me know. But right now you will need some super duper strength butt cream to start with.
@Dajacks  you want to give quitting a shot? With that attitude quitting will be extremely hard. Sounds like you need to decide if you actually want to quit. When you make that decision feel free to join December 2020. Be prepared to answer the 3 questions. 1. What happened.  2. Why did it happen.  3. What are you going to do different this time?  Answer those questions in December and your old group/groups. Give them some thought and take them seriously. They are designed to help you.

I will go ahead and answer the questions on here first. What happened? If I recall, I caved twice in the first month. The second cave was after 7 days of no tobacco or nicotine. Why did it happen? I didn't reveal this to the group (in fact, I shut out one person in particular), but I ended a relationship shortly before I signed up. The breakup went okay, but the relationship was very dysfunctional. I'm not going to smear my ex on here, but I didn't have my head together and didn't take into account that I was pretty shaken up by a lot of the things that I had been through over the past 3 years. I was lashing out and just being an asshole, or shutting people out and not talking to anyone. I wanted to do something positive, and quitting was something that I could do that would potentially lead to a better quality of life. Unfortunately, I was just too fucked up and I couldn't deal with any of it. Going without nicotine led to having horrible anxiety and nightmares. What am I going to do differently? In all honesty, it took me breaking my knuckle after punching a wooden stool in a fit of rage to realize that I had a serious problem. I took the time to deal with some of the mental issues, but quitting tobacco always nagged at me. I am looking at different options, but in the end, quitting has to be the top priority. Is it? I won't join a quit group unless I do. I would be doing a disservice if I did, because I know how I am. I think it'd be safer to have a week or so free of nicotine and tobacco before joining a quit group. I know it sounds strange, but I know that if I were to do the same thing I had done before would likely fail. I know it sounds like a copout, but I know how I am. If I joined a quit group right now, it would be risky.
Sounds like you are still deciding if you really want to quit and are willing to go through the suck to achieve it. Good luck with your decision. Until you totally buy in to quitting, your chances of success are extremely low. With the right mindset it is achievable and will be the best decision you ever make.

@Dajacks - The fact that I remember how many times you caved and you don't is more evidence that you really didn't value your quit or your group.  It was 3 times by the way.  I'll remind you of what I posted after your first cave (LINK).  I didn't think you were going to make it back then and it wasn't because I knew much about you, it's because you didn't think you were going to make it.

Now you are back, for the 4th time, and you are still full of self doubt.  I don't know what kind of magic you expect to happen by avoiding a quit group for a week.  You made it a week last time and still turned your back on your last group.  It's time to suck it up buttercup.
KTC is not a magical fairy land where you come and are cured. You are addicted to nicotine. You will always be addicted to nicotine. KTC exists as a place to immerse yourself in accountability as YOU fight nicotine one day at a time. None of us can quit for you. None of us can make you want to be quit. But we can support you when you decide you are ready to take your life back and want to experience the freedom that comes with not being slave to a slimy, poisonous weed in a plastic can.

With your track record, you are going to have some serious work to do. Especially considering your current mindset. Dig deep and find the confidence in yourself that you can give your word each day and honor that promise 24 hours at a time. Are you really scared of failure? Or are you scared of success and the new reality that will be born when you 100% remove nicotine in your life?

I don't expect any magic or anything like that. Bottom line, I just need to get through it. Yeah, it's gonna suck, and I'm not going to like it, but I won't know what that reality is going to be until experience it. I don't drink or use any illicit drugs, but nicotine is a whole other beast. I'd rather not have it than have it, but I have to do the legwork. So,  who do I contact regarding joining the December group?
@Dajacks  here is the link https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16691.0. Start posting today and repeat everyday as soon as you wake up.
@Dajacks
Glad to see you posted today. Come back and do it again first thing tomorrow morning. Only worry about quitting today. We will deal with tomorrow when it gets here. Drink a lot of water, get some exercise, and realize it will suck for a while until it doesn’t. The light at the end of the tunnel will get brighter but it takes time. You can’t pack your mouth with shit for years and expect everything to work as normal immediately. Be patient and take pleasure in the fact you are no longer actively killing yourself. You can do this and we are here to help.
Jan19

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2020, 09:11:32 AM »
I wasn't successful. I would be approaching 100 days this month if I had. Honestly, the thought of quitting nags at me, and I really would like to give it a shot. Could I join the December quit group?
Well @Dajacks all I can say is prepare to have your butt chewed out. You will need to answer to a whole bunch of people plus answer the normal questions. You need to be reaching out and building a group of supporters that you can get help from. As the Sept 2020 rolls through their celebration this month it sucks that you could not be one that celebrates with them. I know how difficult it is to stay quit as I have placed plenty of info about my quit in my intro. I would suggest to read my intro but I am not putting myself higher then anybody just using my sorry self as an example. I wish you well and if you need anything let me know. But right now you will need some super duper strength butt cream to start with.
@Dajacks  you want to give quitting a shot? With that attitude quitting will be extremely hard. Sounds like you need to decide if you actually want to quit. When you make that decision feel free to join December 2020. Be prepared to answer the 3 questions. 1. What happened.  2. Why did it happen.  3. What are you going to do different this time?  Answer those questions in December and your old group/groups. Give them some thought and take them seriously. They are designed to help you.

I will go ahead and answer the questions on here first. What happened? If I recall, I caved twice in the first month. The second cave was after 7 days of no tobacco or nicotine. Why did it happen? I didn't reveal this to the group (in fact, I shut out one person in particular), but I ended a relationship shortly before I signed up. The breakup went okay, but the relationship was very dysfunctional. I'm not going to smear my ex on here, but I didn't have my head together and didn't take into account that I was pretty shaken up by a lot of the things that I had been through over the past 3 years. I was lashing out and just being an asshole, or shutting people out and not talking to anyone. I wanted to do something positive, and quitting was something that I could do that would potentially lead to a better quality of life. Unfortunately, I was just too fucked up and I couldn't deal with any of it. Going without nicotine led to having horrible anxiety and nightmares. What am I going to do differently? In all honesty, it took me breaking my knuckle after punching a wooden stool in a fit of rage to realize that I had a serious problem. I took the time to deal with some of the mental issues, but quitting tobacco always nagged at me. I am looking at different options, but in the end, quitting has to be the top priority. Is it? I won't join a quit group unless I do. I would be doing a disservice if I did, because I know how I am. I think it'd be safer to have a week or so free of nicotine and tobacco before joining a quit group. I know it sounds strange, but I know that if I were to do the same thing I had done before would likely fail. I know it sounds like a copout, but I know how I am. If I joined a quit group right now, it would be risky.
Sounds like you are still deciding if you really want to quit and are willing to go through the suck to achieve it. Good luck with your decision. Until you totally buy in to quitting, your chances of success are extremely low. With the right mindset it is achievable and will be the best decision you ever make.

@Dajacks - The fact that I remember how many times you caved and you don't is more evidence that you really didn't value your quit or your group.  It was 3 times by the way.  I'll remind you of what I posted after your first cave (LINK).  I didn't think you were going to make it back then and it wasn't because I knew much about you, it's because you didn't think you were going to make it.

Now you are back, for the 4th time, and you are still full of self doubt.  I don't know what kind of magic you expect to happen by avoiding a quit group for a week.  You made it a week last time and still turned your back on your last group.  It's time to suck it up buttercup.
KTC is not a magical fairy land where you come and are cured. You are addicted to nicotine. You will always be addicted to nicotine. KTC exists as a place to immerse yourself in accountability as YOU fight nicotine one day at a time. None of us can quit for you. None of us can make you want to be quit. But we can support you when you decide you are ready to take your life back and want to experience the freedom that comes with not being slave to a slimy, poisonous weed in a plastic can.

With your track record, you are going to have some serious work to do. Especially considering your current mindset. Dig deep and find the confidence in yourself that you can give your word each day and honor that promise 24 hours at a time. Are you really scared of failure? Or are you scared of success and the new reality that will be born when you 100% remove nicotine in your life?

I don't expect any magic or anything like that. Bottom line, I just need to get through it. Yeah, it's gonna suck, and I'm not going to like it, but I won't know what that reality is going to be until experience it. I don't drink or use any illicit drugs, but nicotine is a whole other beast. I'd rather not have it than have it, but I have to do the legwork. So,  who do I contact regarding joining the December group?
@Dajacks  here is the link https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16691.0. Start posting today and repeat everyday as soon as you wake up.
Jan19

Offline Dajacks

• Likes Given: 0
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2020, 03:12:25 AM »

Offline Dajacks

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2020, 02:45:08 AM »

You are absolutely right.

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4333
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2020, 01:22:40 PM »

Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline Peter Gibbons

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 6-17-2018
  • Likes Given: 821
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2020, 01:12:37 PM »

« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 01:14:26 PM by Peter Gibbons »

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2020, 09:10:19 AM »

Jan19

Offline Dajacks

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2020, 01:47:42 AM »

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2020, 10:05:57 AM »
Jan19

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2020, 09:23:17 AM »

Offline Dajacks

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2020, 03:52:16 AM »