Author Topic: I quit again  (Read 56930 times)

Offline Dipchit

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 136
Re: I quit again
« Reply #220 on: September 30, 2023, 08:05:40 PM »
Day 111
Still very depressed but I’m still not going to dip today and that is my promise. BTW we haven’t seen the sun here for a week. Nothing but doom and gloom with rain. We have flood warnings  and beach hazards posted for this area of northern Minnesota. Here’s to another day of depression
Worktowin 3,933

You can do this. If I can, I know you can.
Keith0617 1822 ODAAT
still struggling with depression. Really bad day but I’m still clean. It’s so hard but the day is almost done thank goodness. I never ever thought this shit would still be going for this long. This is insane. I’m really reaching deep within for the strength to keep going. Glad you quitters are here with me. See you all in the morning. No dip tonight for me.

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2472
« Reply #219 on: September 30, 2023, 10:33:01 AM »
Day 111
Still very depressed but I’m still not going to dip today and that is my promise. BTW we haven’t seen the sun here for a week. Nothing but doom and gloom with rain. We have flood warnings  and beach hazards posted for this area of northern Minnesota. Here’s to another day of depression
Worktowin 3,933

Keith0617 1822 ODAAT
Jan19

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #218 on: September 30, 2023, 08:30:59 AM »
Day 111
Worktowin 3,933

Offline Dipchit

• Quitter
« Reply #217 on: September 30, 2023, 08:06:42 AM »
Day 111

Offline Dipchit

• Quitter
« Reply #216 on: September 29, 2023, 06:05:13 PM »
The funk.
Does anyone remember the funk? What were your symptoms and what days in your quit did they happen.
I had a wonderful window of virtually zero symptoms for the first 2 weeks of September. I thought I was done with withdrawal and everyday would get better. Boy was I wrong. I woke up that Saturday morning 2 weeks later and I could feel the dread, anxiety and depression come roaring back like the past 2 weeks never happened. I believe they were days 70 something to close to 90. It’s now Friday evening and I usually feel pretty excited for a weekend full of activities and of course dipping but now all I feel is depression. That nic bitch is one powerful bitch. I’ll never fuck her again. She’s to ugly. I’ll see you quitters in the morning.

Offline Dipchit

• Quitter
« Reply #215 on: September 29, 2023, 03:40:25 PM »
Day 110
Although I feel good about myself and my decision to not dip, I feel like shit due to the never ending withdrawals. 110 days and still in withdrawal? Never in a million years would I have believed it if someone told me that it could go on that long. This is insane. I have promised myself that I will not dip today.
I’m no medical pro…
I’m no psychiatrist…
I’m no psychologist…
I have ZERO credentials to spout off a diagnosis of ANY sort.

Just gettin’ that out there!

I gotta wonder at this point, how much of this is a mental detox for you. A rewire of your thinking and perceptions and connections and actions is an undertaking of MONUMENTAL proportions. Nicotine was the driver of all of those things for all of us. It decided all of it. It controlled all of it. For how many years? 110 days to undo YEARS of neurological damage and conditioning isn’t all that surprising. I’m not downplaying your current trauma… just trying to help with a bit of perspective. You’ve had good to great days in this process so, y’know what?

It’s possible, brother.
It’s there for you.
You’re getting there.
Own this shit!
The path to freedom can be painful but, duuuuude… it’s worth it.
You. Got. This.

AJ… 3,818
Thanks AJ. I need to stop comparing my other stops to my latest. I dipped for years and stopped 3 times with years in between with virtually no issues but this last time has been hell.
ODAAT.
Keith0617 1821 ODAAT
MN/2,714 speaking from experience and helping others through similar, the mental games can happen for quite some time. It took me years to enjoy mowing the lawn without a dip for example. So I was grumpy a lot just pissed I couldn't poison myself doing the things I had linked to dipping. I know you've said your previous attempts didn't result in this challenge but maybe that's because in the back of your mind, you always had it made up you weren't going to quit "for good". So you brain was like "ok, I'll wait". This time, your resolve (while focusing one day at a time) may be different because this is your first and final QUIT. Not trying to project or diagnose; just something to consider.
Fuck……. Anxiety is so bad today that my temples, neck and shoulders are burning. Overall feeling of fear is really Fuckin bad. 110 days out and still in the thick of it. Too bad I quit drinking 10 years ago. Couple shots of Crown would take care of this hell but I really don’t want to drink again. I’m getting close to the 36th floor with that. No cave today. I will not dip.
Alcohol doesn’t solve anything just like nicotine doesn’t. A problem + a drink or nic only leads to having 2 problems. You can do it. You did it yesterday so you can do it just for today
Yes I can. I can do this. It’s fuckin hard but I will not break my promise.

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #214 on: September 29, 2023, 02:57:21 PM »
Day 110
Although I feel good about myself and my decision to not dip, I feel like shit due to the never ending withdrawals. 110 days and still in withdrawal? Never in a million years would I have believed it if someone told me that it could go on that long. This is insane. I have promised myself that I will not dip today.
I’m no medical pro…
I’m no psychiatrist…
I’m no psychologist…

I gotta wonder at this point, how much of this is a mental detox for you. A rewire of your thinking and perceptions and connections and actions is an undertaking of MONUMENTAL proportions. Nicotine was the driver of all of those things for all of us. It decided all of it. It controlled all of it. For how many years? 110 days to undo YEARS of neurological damage and conditioning isn’t all that surprising. I’m not downplaying your current trauma… just trying to help with a bit of perspective. You’ve had good to great days in this process so, y’know what?

It’s possible, brother.
It’s there for you.
You’re getting there.
Own this shit!
You. Got. This.

AJ… 3,818
Thanks AJ. I need to stop comparing my other stops to my latest. I dipped for years and stopped 3 times with years in between with virtually no issues but this last time has been hell.
ODAAT.
Keith0617 1821 ODAAT
MN/2,714 speaking from experience and helping others through similar, the mental games can happen for quite some time. It took me years to enjoy mowing the lawn without a dip for example. So I was grumpy a lot just pissed I couldn't poison myself doing the things I had linked to dipping. I know you've said your previous attempts didn't result in this challenge but maybe that's because in the back of your mind, you always had it made up you weren't going to quit "for good". So you brain was like "ok, I'll wait". This time, your resolve (while focusing one day at a time) may be different because this is your first and final QUIT. Not trying to project or diagnose; just something to consider.
Fuck……. Anxiety is so bad today that my temples, neck and shoulders are burning. Overall feeling of fear is really Fuckin bad. 110 days out and still in the thick of it. Too bad I quit drinking 10 years ago. Couple shots of Crown would take care of this hell but I really don’t want to drink again. I’m getting close to the 36th floor with that. No cave today. I will not dip.
Alcohol doesn’t solve anything just like nicotine doesn’t. A problem + a drink or nic only leads to having 2 problems. You can do it. You did it yesterday so you can do it just for today
Jan19

Offline Dipchit

• Quitter
« Reply #213 on: September 29, 2023, 01:30:45 PM »
Day 110
I’m no medical pro…
I’m no psychiatrist…
I’m no psychologist…

It’s possible, brother.
It’s there for you.
You’re getting there.
Own this shit!
You. Got. This.

AJ… 3,818
ODAAT.
Keith0617 1821 ODAAT

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4384
« Reply #212 on: September 29, 2023, 10:38:58 AM »
Day 110
I’m no medical pro…
I’m no psychiatrist…
I’m no psychologist…

It’s possible, brother.
It’s there for you.
You’re getting there.
Own this shit!
You. Got. This.

AJ… 3,818
ODAAT.
Keith0617 1821 ODAAT
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #211 on: September 29, 2023, 10:20:23 AM »
Day 110
I’m no medical pro…
I’m no psychiatrist…
I’m no psychologist…

It’s possible, brother.
It’s there for you.
You’re getting there.
Own this shit!
You. Got. This.

AJ… 3,818
ODAAT.
Keith0617 1821 ODAAT
Jan19

Offline Dipchit

• Quitter
« Reply #210 on: September 29, 2023, 10:11:44 AM »
Day 110
I’m no medical pro…
I’m no psychiatrist…
I’m no psychologist…

It’s possible, brother.
It’s there for you.
You’re getting there.
Own this shit!
You. Got. This.

AJ… 3,818
ODAAT.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #209 on: September 29, 2023, 09:52:24 AM »
Day 110
I’m no medical pro…
I’m no psychiatrist…
I’m no psychologist…

It’s possible, brother.
It’s there for you.
You’re getting there.
Own this shit!
You. Got. This.

AJ… 3,818
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Dipchit

• Quitter
« Reply #208 on: September 29, 2023, 06:59:19 AM »
Day 110

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #207 on: September 28, 2023, 01:21:54 PM »
Day 109
I promise not to dip today
worktowin 3,931.  I typically used or threw out 1+ tin a day of Kodiak.  When I say threw out, I would use part of the tin and then be convinced that day was the last day, and throw the rest out, only to go to the gas station tail between legs the next day to restock.  So, Dipchit, how much does a tin of Kodiak cost these days?  I'm really not sure, guessing $5 or more?  3,931 X $5 = $19,655 that I've saved since joining this group of winners.  You included.  I think I'll go out for a nice lunch today.
$12.00 here.
Keith0617 1820 ODAAT

TWELVE DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!  OMG!

WOWZA

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #206 on: September 28, 2023, 12:46:12 PM »
Day 109
I promise not to dip today
worktowin 3,931.  I typically used or threw out 1+ tin a day of Kodiak.  When I say threw out, I would use part of the tin and then be convinced that day was the last day, and throw the rest out, only to go to the gas station tail between legs the next day to restock.  So, Dipchit, how much does a tin of Kodiak cost these days?  I'm really not sure, guessing $5 or more?  3,931 X $5 = $19,655 that I've saved since joining this group of winners.  You included.  I think I'll go out for a nice lunch today.
$12.00 here.
Keith0617 1820 ODAAT
Jan19