Author Topic: I quit again  (Read 53751 times)

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
Re: I quit again
« Reply #310 on: October 18, 2023, 07:11:21 AM »
Worktowin 3,951. It is an honor to quit with you.

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4376
« Reply #309 on: October 17, 2023, 01:59:43 PM »
Day 128
Still feeling flat, no joy and life is boring without dip but I promise not to dip today.
2,732 - was the fact that dip/nicotine was actively trying to kill you each day when using what made life not boring? I get that it can be hard to find enjoyment in things without a crutch we've relied on for so many years/decades. But part of quitting is learning to find pleasure in things without nicotine. I never thought I could mow the grass again or play Xbox without a dip. Today, I'll mow without thinking about it once. That being said, I've since quit playing Xbox because it was linked so heavily to my dipping that I was only playing for an excuse to stay up late and dip. Your quit is an opportunity to find new things to enjoy that don't involve poisoning yourself.
worktowin 3,950.  I find the whole experience of having my life run by a substance that is a known carcinogen absolutely disgusting.  When I see people buying it at the convenience store, I want to scream at them.  But, you know that doesn't do any good.  I'm a happy very covering addict who has zero desire to romanticize that part of my life any longer.  My first post on this board was something to the effect that "the bear and I shared a lot of good times together."  That, my friends, was the addict in me talking.  That was not a fact.  QUIT
I’m absolutely hearing some “Romancing the Dip” going on. No real shade, brother… we ALL did it to one degree or another. I think this is where your biggest hurdle is right now… you HAVE to flip that mindset. It’s dragging you down and feeding the beast of your mental struggles right now. 100%. You stick around too long there and failure is imminent. You’ve worked too hard to let that happen.

Dip. Did. Nothing. For. You.
It didn’t make life better.
It didn’t make you better.
It didn’t help your focus.
It wired your brain funky.
It skewed your perceptions.
It ruined your integrity.
It made you lie and hide it.
It stold your life.

No joy and a boring life without it?

Wrong.
That needs buried.
Now.
The longer you let that mindset roll… well, realize it’s still poisoning you.

Be. Quit.
It’s doesn’t deserve one more piece of your life.
Keith0617 1839 ODAAT

So doing something that will rot your face off and kill you makes life exciting???? You keep romanticizing dip. That is a huge mistake.
I’m just letting you all know what is happening in my mind.
I know I will be a much better person without dip. It is a known scientific fact that nicotine releases dopamine and that makes us feel all warm and fuzzy and without it the brain gets cranky and punishes you for not feeding the need. It takes quite some time for the brain to adapt itself to life without nicotine but once it does then natural pleasure comes back. It’s just my injured brain screaming for nicotine but my logical side knows better. I have been through this before with alcohol so I know how this works. I’m not weak and I will not cave. My quit is safe today and my craves are still alive but they are getting weaker. Thanks guys.
Blogging it out is certainly beneficial. Our job while you are still in the fog is to call out addict speak and concerning behavior as we detect it. It's the accountability aspect here that makes it our responsibility. We are going to tell you things that may piss you off but at some point you will look back and it will all make sense.
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline Dipchit

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 136
« Reply #308 on: October 17, 2023, 12:54:38 PM »
Day 128
Still feeling flat, no joy and life is boring without dip but I promise not to dip today.
2,732 - was the fact that dip/nicotine was actively trying to kill you each day when using what made life not boring? I get that it can be hard to find enjoyment in things without a crutch we've relied on for so many years/decades. But part of quitting is learning to find pleasure in things without nicotine. I never thought I could mow the grass again or play Xbox without a dip. Today, I'll mow without thinking about it once. That being said, I've since quit playing Xbox because it was linked so heavily to my dipping that I was only playing for an excuse to stay up late and dip. Your quit is an opportunity to find new things to enjoy that don't involve poisoning yourself.
worktowin 3,950.  I find the whole experience of having my life run by a substance that is a known carcinogen absolutely disgusting.  When I see people buying it at the convenience store, I want to scream at them.  But, you know that doesn't do any good.  I'm a happy very covering addict who has zero desire to romanticize that part of my life any longer.  My first post on this board was something to the effect that "the bear and I shared a lot of good times together."  That, my friends, was the addict in me talking.  That was not a fact.  QUIT
I’m absolutely hearing some “Romancing the Dip” going on. No real shade, brother… we ALL did it to one degree or another. I think this is where your biggest hurdle is right now… you HAVE to flip that mindset. It’s dragging you down and feeding the beast of your mental struggles right now. 100%. You stick around too long there and failure is imminent. You’ve worked too hard to let that happen.

It stold your life.

Wrong.
That needs buried.
Now.

Be. Quit.
Keith0617 1839 ODAAT

So doing something that will rot your face off and kill you makes life exciting???? You keep romanticizing dip. That is a huge mistake.
I’m just letting you all know what is happening in my mind.
I know I will be a much better person without dip. It is a known scientific fact that nicotine releases dopamine and that makes us feel all warm and fuzzy and without it the brain gets cranky and punishes you for not feeding the need. It takes quite some time for the brain to adapt itself to life without nicotine but once it does then natural pleasure comes back. It’s just my injured brain screaming for nicotine but my logical side knows better. I have been through this before with alcohol so I know how this works. I’m not weak and I will not cave. My quit is safe today and my craves are still alive but they are getting weaker. Thanks guys.

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2331
« Reply #307 on: October 17, 2023, 12:35:39 PM »
Day 128

It stold your life.

Wrong.
That needs buried.
Now.

Be. Quit.
Keith0617 1839 ODAAT

Jan19

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
« Reply #306 on: October 17, 2023, 10:12:42 AM »
Day 128

It stold your life.

Wrong.
That needs buried.
Now.

Be. Quit.

Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Dipchit

• Quitter
« Reply #305 on: October 17, 2023, 10:09:24 AM »
Day 128
Yes it’s a total rewire of the brain. I dipped during most of my day. Mowing, Hunting, Fishing, At work, You name it but I understand that joy will return but it just takes time. I have done it 3 times before this but without the withdrawal.
It still baffles me how I didn’t have any withdrawal the other previous stops.
Thanks for being here with me. It really means a lot and it helps a lot.
ODAAT.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #304 on: October 17, 2023, 09:53:44 AM »
Day 128

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
« Reply #303 on: October 17, 2023, 09:30:48 AM »
Day 128
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |

"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Offline Dipchit

• Quitter
« Reply #302 on: October 17, 2023, 07:04:41 AM »
Day 128

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #301 on: October 16, 2023, 04:04:09 PM »
Day 127
Feeling a little better but mood is flat. Still not much joy in anything but it’s better than intense anxiety and depression.
My promise is to not dip today.
Thanks for being here guys.
MN/2,731 not all wins provides a warm and fuzzy. your body is healing and know that even ugly wins are progress. QLAMF ODAAT
Keith0617 1838 ODAAT
worktowin 3,949.  I'm having a Monday.

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #300 on: October 16, 2023, 01:00:40 PM »
Day 127
Feeling a little better but mood is flat. Still not much joy in anything but it’s better than intense anxiety and depression.
MN/2,731 not all wins provides a warm and fuzzy. your body is healing and know that even ugly wins are progress. QLAMF ODAAT
Keith0617 1838 ODAAT
Jan19

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
« Reply #299 on: October 16, 2023, 09:43:08 AM »
Day 127

Offline Dipchit

• Quitter
« Reply #298 on: October 16, 2023, 07:00:29 AM »
Day 127

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
« Reply #297 on: October 15, 2023, 04:21:52 PM »
Worktowin 3,948. My buddy’s dad passed away yesterday. Today I promise no nicotine. Way too much cancer in the world to tempt that fate. Honored to quit with this team of bad asses.
Day 126.
I promise not to dip today. Sorry for your buddy’s loss.
Keith0617 1837 ODAAT   Sending positive vibes to you and your friend @worktowin
MN/2,730 - quit for the next 24 with all here

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #296 on: October 15, 2023, 10:01:19 AM »
Worktowin 3,948. My buddy’s dad passed away yesterday. Today I promise no nicotine. Way too much cancer in the world to tempt that fate. Honored to quit with this team of bad asses.
Day 126.
I promise not to dip today. Sorry for your buddy’s loss.
Keith0617 1837 ODAAT   Sending positive vibes to you and your friend @worktowin
Jan19