Author Topic: I quit on 12/2/13  (Read 11611 times)

Offline NeonPanther

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I quit on 12/2/13
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2013, 12:57:00 PM »
pbrain04, I read your Roll Post, I'm keeping my phone in the pocket I used to keep the poison in. Now when my hand reaches for the poison, with out my permission, with out a thought, it's reaching for my Badass Quitters. We are quit together!

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2013, 12:23:00 PM »
Here is a brief timeline on how my quit is going, I'm not sure if it's helpful or not but I made it for another new quitter and he seemed to like it.

"3 days is something to be proud of. The nic is out of your system so it's all fun and games now...right? Well F...guess what? Your body is use to living with nic and now it's mad and is about to really fight you.

The good news is that you understand how to use your tools and you have some good fight in you. The better news is that it gets so much easier very quickly. Now, I realize that "quickly" is a very relative term- as when you are suffering minute to minute, 5 or 6 weeks seem like 100 years. In reality, 5 or 6 weeks is not a very long time.

Keep in mind, I am no expert and I am just going off of what I have experienced the past 138 days. My "suck scale" looked something like this:

Day 1-3: bad fog, my brain didn't work at all. Very little sleep and couldn't take a dump to save my life. I wanted a dip every second of each day.

Day 4-10: Pretty much out of the fog but bad, bad cravings and headache every second of the day

Day 11-14: My cruise control days, I didn't think about dipping much and craves were few and far between. Sleeping good but too much.

Day 15-21 Starting to get my energy level back up. Craves about 2-4 per day and short. The first thing every morning, I started to get an empty and sick feeling in my stomach when I thought about not being able to dip. Started losing my temper easily.

Day 22-25 No real changes, cruising along but feeling a little depressed. I started learning how to hate my addiction and was really mad about it.

Day 26- 30: Wow, I was starting to gain a lot of weight. Weird how I replaced Cope with Ice Cream and cake. I don't even eat sweets but here I am 10 lbs heavier. I don't care, I'm not dipping and the craves are mild.

Day 31-38: Freaking fog was back, some nasty craves and my temper way out of control. WTF!

Day 39-60: The roller coaster days. Mod craves followed by no craves, bad temper and mild depression. A difficult time but I was not giving up at this point.

Day 61-73: The best days by far. Seldom think about dip, temper is way better, sleeping like a normal person and just feeling pretty darn good. I am stacking up these good days to recharge my batteries and prepare for the next round of fights".

Day 74- 85: Really good days. Strong cravings when I have too many drinks so I have been careful with drinking. Normal days are now 0-1 crave. My temper has been completely under control for 2 weeks now.
Day 86-99: Zero craves, zero dip dreams and temper under control. The strong craves when I drink are also gone. I am disgusted when I see someone dip. Proudly watching my group hit HOF one at a time; which is just how we quit, one day at a time. My guard is still held high as I know the fight is far from over.

Day 100-135: I am on a high as I have reached my first goal. My guard is held the highest it has ever been in because I will not disappoint all those who have helped me.

Day 136: Rough patch at work this week. Just found out that we are closing our Sleep Division (I'm in Medical Sales). I make about 50% of my commission in sleep so I have no idea what I am going to do.

I took my wife to a nice dinner and explained it to her. We are both freaking out. I also drank about 6 Martinis and for about a 5 minute period, I told myself I was going to get a can on the way home. Who cares at this point...right?

I got up, went to the bathroom, got my tools in order and said fuck off Nic Bitch....I may be willing to screw myself right now but not everyone who has helped me. I put my big boy pants on and went home.

Minny and his 1+1= 2 theory kept ringing in my head.

Day 137-138: Guard held high and in for the long run. Weird dip dream last night. I just remember feeling panicky because I needed some SM and couldn't find any at any store. I woke up and was fine. It is funny as I haven't used SM since my first week of quit.
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline pbrain04

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2013, 10:00:00 PM »
My son eating my tobacco was the end for me. 2 years old. A baby boy that I'm sworn to protect. Vomiting with kodiak in his teeth. I was do disgusted with myself. My breaking point.

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2013, 09:24:00 PM »
Your first post said you were fed up with the habit. Your last post said you hated the bear. This is a tough fight nearly every second of everyday and hate will give you far better results, as opposed to just being fed up. Hate that it stole time, money, and life. Hate that it made you steal, lie, and neglect. Channel that hate to beat this addiction. Keep documenting your struggles and re-read them later to remember how far you've come. You will never want to repeat yesterday.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2013, 09:02:00 PM »
Pat, thanks for the texts. Remember, it is one day at a time. You are in the midst of the fog and things will get a little better each day, but it is going to take a several days (up to a couple of weeks) for you to start feeling normal. Fight through the fog and the craves. Exercise and drink plenty of liquids. You can do this.
If you can send a copy of that 2nd text with the picture of your son to your email, you should do it and print it out. Write on the front of that picture that your little boy ate YOUR tobacco and got deathly sick. Fold it and put it in your billfold. It should serve you as a constant reminder of how your addiction negatively impacts those you love and those that count on you for all their needs.
You have lots of support on here. I have sent your number to several of the new boys in March 2014 and asked them to text you their numbers. They will be your ever-growing support network on here. You are doing great.
"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline NeonPanther

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2013, 05:20:00 PM »
Quote from: pbrain04
I am hurting right now.  I have no desire to have a dip.  The withdrawal is awful but I dont want to dip. Im mad at the Bear and want nothing to do with it. My friend the Bear is trying to kill me and I have been letting him.

It's awesome to see this community.  I wish I knew about this years ago.
He's not your friend. He never has been. Damn straight he wants to kill you though. As Slowly and painfully as he possibly can. Squeezing evey penny he can till all thats left is your cancer-ridden corpse. And then he'll probaly take a giant bear shit on your dead corpse.

Here's roll call. index.php?showtopic=9121hl=
Make your quit official.

And you did! Way to go! Guess what, you kicked that bear in his tiny addict nuts. You just took your giant badass balls and Quit. I am quit with you. I know we can stay quit. Nip the Past in the Bud "I have tried this so many times." That shit is over. You will never try to quit again.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, 05:06:00 PM »
Quote from: pbrain04
I am hurting right now. I have no desire to have a dip. The withdrawal is awful but I dont want to dip. Im mad at the Bear and want nothing to do with it. My friend the Bear is trying to kill me and I have been letting him.

It's awesome to see this community. I wish I knew about this years ago.

That Bear was never your friend.
Never.
Don't assign it any psuedo love or affection.
Ever.
That Bear stole your money, raped your psyche, made you lie, ruined your health, and through its own evil deviousness... Made itself the #1 thing in your life.
All. A. Lie.
Never Again For Any Reason. That's your new mantra! Rock on...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline pbrain04

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 04:49:00 PM »
I am hurting right now. I have no desire to have a dip. The withdrawal is awful but I dont want to dip. Im mad at the Bear and want nothing to do with it. My friend the Bear is trying to kill me and I have been letting him.

It's awesome to see this community. I wish I knew about this years ago.

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2013, 04:32:00 PM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Pbrain, great intro. We know exactly how you feel. I've been quit for 36 days and of course I want to stay quit. Please drink this kool aid and post every day. Dive in buddy and get to quitting. You can do it!! This place is saving my life.
PB, i agree entirely with what Grizz says here. I"m only a little ahead of you too, at 44 days. It's tough at first but you can make it day by day. Get in here with us and we'll all live better!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2013, 04:25:00 PM »
Pbrain, great intro. We know exactly how you feel. I've been quit for 36 days and of course I want to stay quit. Please drink this kool aid and post every day. Dive in buddy and get to quitting. You can do it!! This place is saving my life.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline NeonPanther

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 04:20:00 PM »
Quote from: DanTheMan
PB you can do this brother. Embrace the battle. Embrace the pain you are experiencing. You have to get through it. There is no other way 

There are a bunch of other quitters here who have been in the same position as you. Your intro could have been mine.

Day 1745 - If I can do it - YOU can do it
Listen to that. Go read more intros, we are you, with the same addiction.

We aren't going through someting like what you have experenced. It's not empathy, we are going threw the EXACT same shit.

I'm on day one. 1st post yesterday crying how I could quit til after the holidays. Only I'm now 13h33m into my quit. I'm not the same guy that made the first 3-4 posts one this account. Today I am quit.
DanTheMan is on day 1745. And there's everone inbetween. You came to the right place.

Roll call, This is your promise to yourself. No nicotine for 24 hours. You kept this addiction a secret (or so we all thought). You make your promise to yourself, but you make it public, and we keep each other accountable.
Yesterday I posted here crying how I couldn't quit until... this that and the other.

Today, I'm not worried about my chances of sucessfully quiting. Chance, hope, fear are not a factor in the KTC equasion.
I am fucking Quit. It's the greatest feeling I've had in the last two years since my daughter was born. And it's almost that good. I KNOW will never touch nicotine again. I'm here, and I'm not leaving. I couldn't understand it, til I did it.

I've been up for 34 hours straight, all the shitty withdrawl symptoms I was only prolonging are in here in full force. Today I relish it. Today I can embrace the fog and the pulsing headache and sizzyness and the constipation and shove in onto the pile of reasons I will never touch a nicotine product again. I promised to quit countless times over the last 2 years of misery and failure. I'm done letting my addiction turn all my promises into lies. I can promise 24 hours at a time. I've recieved 8-10 Phone numbers, I sent my number back to them all. I'm not going to find out what happens if I miss roll call. This forum is sucess man. you are in the right place.

The addiction is with us everywhere. But now you have an army of Badass Quitters ready you help you, Text, Talk Forums, live chat. My Badass Quitters are at my fucking fingertips, in my pocket everywhere I go. YOU NEVER HAVE TO FACE THE NICOTINE ALONE AGAIN. And neither do I. Imma find you the link you our roll call, we will be in the same quit group.

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 04:20:00 PM »
PB, nice job of posting roll today. Roll is your daily promise to yourself and all of your new brothers and sisters that you will not use tobacco in any form that day. Each and every day you will post your promise. No exceptions. That is the price of admission to KTC. Nothing more and nothing less. Now that you know the basics, it is time to read all you can on this site. Go to the welcome center and that will get you started. After you have read all you can, look up at your inbox (1). That is a personal message from me with my telephone number. Call it 24/7 when you need to vent or rage at someone...or just shoot the shit. Congrats on taking back your life. Wayne
"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline DanTheMan

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: My Kids and Wife, wishing the Bears didn't suck, Sausage, Veterinary business, bird watching, weight lifting, being happy, improving my life, and being thankful for what I have
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 03:25:00 PM »
PB you can do this brother. Embrace the battle. Embrace the pain you are experiencing. You have to get through it. There is no other way

There are a bunch of other quitters here who have been in the same position as you. Your intro could have been mine.

Day 1745 - If I can do it - YOU can do it
"Making and keeping promises to yourself is the foundation for developing character and integrity"

QD: 2/25/09
HOF: 6/4/09
2nd Floor: 9/12/09
3rd Floor: 12/21/09
1 Year: 2/25/10
4th Floor: 3/31/10
5th Floor: 7/9/10
6th Floor: 10/17/10
7th Floor: 1/25/11
2 Years: 2/25/11
8th Floor: 5/5/11
9th Floor: 8/13/11
10th Floor: 11/21/11
3 Years: 2/25/12
11th Floor: 2/29/12
12th Floor: 6/8/12
13th Floor: 9/16/12
14th Floor: 12/25/12
4 Years: 2/25/13
15th Floor: 4/4/13
16th Floor: 7/13/13
17th Floor: 10/21/13
18th Floor: 1/29/13
5 Years: 2/25/14
19th Floor: 5/9/14
20th Floor: 8/19/14
21st Floor: 11/25/14
6 Years: 2/25/15
22nd Floor: 3/5/15
23rd Floor: 6/13/15
24th Floor: 9/21/15
25th Floor: 12/30/15
7 Years: 2/25/16
26th Floor: 4/8/16
27th Floor: 7/17/16
28th Floor: 10/25/16
29th Floor: 2/2/2017
8 Years: 2/25/17
30th Floor: 5/13/17
31st Floor: 8/21/17

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 02:39:00 PM »
Follow AJs advice. Get in here and post roll. Then read, read, read. Read everything on here. Get involved. This KTC brotherhood made quitting manageable for me. You will have some hard times, but the tools are all here to get you through them.
Welcome to the journey of quit.
Great choice, and PM me if you want another number for accountability.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 02:13:00 PM »
Damn.
I could have written that 7 months ago. Like, exactly! I've done, watched happen, thought... Everything you just wrote.
You, m'man, are not alone. Get up to the Welcome Center link at the top of the page. You'll discover how and why we do things here. Right up front let me tell you... It works. I prove it every day that I wake up, post roll with my group, and stay QUIT! Welcome to freedom bro...

Check your inbox (1) for a message from me.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.