Author Topic: 33 days in  (Read 3349 times)

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 971
Re: 33 days in
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2020, 03:20:21 PM »
I've filed for divorce from my wife. For those of you who have been through a divorce I'd like to hear your stories - the good, bad, and the ugly. TIA.

Sorry to hear that brother, I pray I never experience that.  Maybe there is some useful stuff here https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=280.0
Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2020, 02:02:54 PM »
I've filed for divorce from my wife. For those of you who have been through a divorce I'd like to hear your stories - the good, bad, and the ugly. TIA.

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
  • Interests: Family, fishing, football, friends and being quitI love my wife and two daughters. I'm not perfect but strive every day to be better.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2018, 10:22:00 AM »
Quote from: kubiackalpha
Quote from: mattlock
Quote from: RDB1972
Can anyone advise me on the legal ramifications of an adult male beating to near death a 14 yo male with a baseball bat and/or a 16" chunk of 2X4? The 14yo has threatened the purity of the adult male's 13yo daughter.

Asking for a friend.
I just play a lawyer on TV so I can't speak to the legal specifics but i imagine it's not going to go well in today's pussified society. Especially with a minor as the victim.

As the father of 4 daughters, I can only say good luck. Keep your powder dry, you've still got a long road ahead of you.
How did this turn out or turning out? I am interested. In Oklahoma they have a law that is someone threatens your family you can defend them, it is a little more complicated for Minors but it is still there. It is nicknamed the Yo Momma law (No Joke). We also have a Within an inch of your life law that is all about defense of self when some one sufficiently threatens you (I have used before).
Proud to quit with you man, Skoal LC Mint was my poison for most of the 30 years I TRIED to kill myself.....I am 67 days, finding good support by posting and interacting with other quitters, I'm learning and it feels powerful....most of my physical manifestions of addiction are gone....some triggers here or there....ODAT, proud to quit today with you.

...as far as young boys, they arent men, scare them, for real, I got two daughters....I've recently informed one of these little bastards, "Boy, Don't do anything to my daughter that you do not want me doing to you.....son, Im serious, do not make me hurt you permanently."

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2018, 10:05:00 AM »
In posting this, I'm admitting how big a slob I am. But I'm guessing a lot of us were slobs when it came to dipping.

In a couple of weeks, I'll be changing locations for work. So, I need to clean out my office. Including the drawer where I had my dip bottles and cans. I cleaned out the bottles and cans months ago. But, the particles and splashes have never been cleaned.

To say it's gross would be an understatement. Apparently I wasn't too good at hitting my spitters, because there are spit particles and spit splashes up the wazoo. And, the stink. Stink I haven't smelled since I quit.

It's embarrassing and disgusting.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2012
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2017, 05:22:00 PM »
Quote from: RDB
Merry Christmas KTC community.

Here I am, quit 701 days, and I still crave the crap. Nearly every single day. No, theyÂ’re not strong craves. More like an annoying mosquito buzz.

IÂ’m glad I made my promise this morning. Tobacco is off the table for the rest of today.

But I really thought IÂ’d be further along almost two years into my quit. But, alas, IÂ’m still a junkie. Just a clean junkie.
CONGRATS on your 700+++++!
proud to quit with you!
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2017, 02:21:00 PM »
Merry Christmas KTC community.

Here I am, quit 701 days, and I still crave the crap. Nearly every single day. No, theyÂ’re not strong craves. More like an annoying mosquito buzz.

IÂ’m glad I made my promise this morning. Tobacco is off the table for the rest of today.

But I really thought IÂ’d be further along almost two years into my quit. But, alas, IÂ’m still a junkie. Just a clean junkie.

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2016, 12:11:00 AM »
Great intro brother.
Drop the gum. Don't need it.
Move to Texas.
Legal here to cut the child boy and send him to California.
Serious.
We are all called to achieve beyond our abilities.
And YOU sir are winning the race.
Above the others....
And for a reason someday only you will understand.
We...and you... win...ODAAT.
Im here to quit with you today.
Respect you and the life you have been graciously given.
Cups are half empty..or half full?
Yours is over flowing.
Rawls 556
I believe.....

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2016, 03:47:00 PM »
Turns out I'm just as sloppy with getting gum all over the place as I was with getting Grizzly all over the place. Gum is less gross but more sticky. My six yo is also getting into it and making a mess.

So, four months in to my quit, it's time to quit the mental/oral fixative part of my addiction.

Proud to quit with all of you.

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2016, 04:34:00 PM »
To fill in some blanks - my wife intercepts my daughters text messages. The 14yo lives across the road. I've known his dad (J) my entire life. I showed J the texts, and let him know that this crap had to stop. J heartily agreed with me. J assured me that he would do his part in making sure it was taken care of, and I trust that he will (has).

My daughter doesn't want anything to do with it. They (my daughter and 14 yo neighbor boy) have always been buddies, but he wanted a little more. A lot more. It angers and saddens me that she was put in the situation.

Offline kubiackalpha

• Quitter
  • Interests: Boobs, Butts (on females)....is there anything else that would be of interest? I can't think of any.
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2016, 03:07:00 PM »
Quote from: mattlock
Can anyone advise me on the legal ramifications of an adult male beating to near death a 14 yo male with a baseball bat and/or a 16" chunk of 2X4? The 14yo has threatened the purity of the adult male's 13yo daughter.

Asking for a friend.
I just play a lawyer on TV so I can't speak to the legal specifics but i imagine it's not going to go well in today's pussified society. Especially with a minor as the victim.

As the father of 4 daughters, I can only say good luck. Keep your powder dry, you've still got a long road ahead of you.
How did this turn out or turning out? I am interested. In Oklahoma they have a law that is someone threatens your family you can defend them, it is a little more complicated for Minors but it is still there. It is nicknamed the Yo Momma law (No Joke). We also have a Within an inch of your life law that is all about defense of self when some one sufficiently threatens you (I have used before).

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2016, 06:32:00 AM »
My jaw ached again yesterday. Weird. Out of nowhere, and not for very long. But just like I was at day 20 again.
Some great days ahead. Like you haven't felt in a long time. Keep the faith.

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2016, 06:53:00 AM »
My jaw ached again yesterday. Weird. Out of nowhere, and not for very long. But just like I was at day 20 again.

Offline mattlock

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-03-13
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2016, 10:24:00 AM »

Asking for a friend.

Unlike quitting products, total adherence to a personal commitment to not violate the law of addiction provides a 100% guarantee of success. Although obedience may not always be easy, the law is clear, concise and simple - no nicotine today, not one puff, dip or chew!

HOF Speech

1st floor 06/20/2016
2nd floor 09/30/2016

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2016, 09:23:00 AM »

Asking for a friend.

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2016, 03:14:00 PM »
I've been Quit 64 days. I'm still chewing gum like crazy. I'm chewing two or three pieces at a time, even four sometimes. I'm almost always chewing gum.

I like to snap the gum, and I think that bothers my wife more than the dip did.

I've always been an extreme oral fixative. Elementary teachers gave me grief for chewing on my pencils.

I've Quit the nicotine, but it seems my psychological hang-up of always having something in my mouth is here to stay.