Author Topic: Anxiety  (Read 2562 times)

Offline oldschool

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 10/08/2018
  • Likes Given: 397
Re: Anxiety
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2020, 11:26:31 PM »

I have been quit for 43 days. Have been fighting a lot of anxiety. Quit when the dentist found a white patch on my gum 43 days ago. Has told me it may take a month or two heal. Every symptom in the mean time leads to bad thinking. Is sore neck muscles and allergy type symptoms normal at day 43?
D469 day 44

@D469  just think about quitting nicotine.  Do not worry about any symptom you may have.  Go to the Dr. or Dentist to confirm if you have an issue.  Don't google any symptoms and start to worry - the internet will only scare the crap out of you.  As far as anxiety, I am 675 days quit, and I still have anxiety.  Using nicotine masks the fact that we have had anxiety all along.  Push through and keep quitting.  Get with your medical providers if you are worried about any cancer or other symptoms.  Post roll in your home group every day as soon as you wake up promising not only them, but yourself, that you will not use nicotine for the day.  Good luck and my support is just a PM away.

The only time you fail, is if you don't try

Offline D469

• Quit Date: June 31 2020
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2020, 08:06:40 AM »
I have been quit for 43 days. Have been fighting a lot of anxiety. Quit when the dentist found a white patch on my gum 43 days ago. Has told me it may take a month or two heal. Every symptom in the mean time leads to bad thinking. Is sore neck muscles and allergy type symptoms normal at day 43?
D469 day 44

Offline GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
  • Quit Date: 02/28/2020
  • Interests: Georgia Southern football and baseball, outdoor stuff, movies, music
  • Likes Given: 270
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2020, 10:36:34 PM »
Thanks for the help. Will give it a little more time. Maybe one day I’ll figure out the technology and join my quit group. Just reading the posts helps a great deal.

Why not make "one day" tomorrow morning, brother? Click HERE and get on over to the November quit group (if my math is right, 43 days ago puts you quitting on 7/31/2020). Dude, you do not have to do this alone. The November group is small, but it's growing. Grow with it, my friend.

The technology is pretty simple. Hit the "quote" button, scroll until you see the last entry on the "Promise Poster" list, and put your name, quit day count, and promise to stay nic free for 24 hours. And if you screw it up, so what! A vet will fix it and give you some better guidance than I just did. No worries, man.

Hell, brother, you already did the hardest thing 43 times! Do it for #44 with your November brethren.
Renegade of Quit
"For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die." - Ulysses, Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Offline D469

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2020, 09:37:47 PM »
Thanks for the help. Will give it a little more time. Maybe one day I’ll figure out the technology and join my quit group. Just reading the posts helps a great deal.

Offline snahsorg

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2018.08.21
  • Likes Given: 285
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2020, 09:32:13 PM »
Buddy, everyone goes through something slightly different. I had white patches, too. Don't go thinking the worst. I've been quit 166 days now, and the patches are gone. My gums are pink and much healthier looking, and that was after 28 years of abuse. The neck muscle soreness could be from tension you haven't even realized you were dealing with.

Stay positive. Stay patient. Most of all, stay quit.
GS9502  PTBQWY
Every slight “feeling” will send you down a rabbit hole on WebMD. Don’t do that. The best thing you can do for your health today is be quit. If you have serious concerns about symptoms of your mouth and throat, go get checked out by an ENT. Best thing you can do is join a quit group here. Those folks are going through the same thing you are at the same time. This place works. Regardless how you got here, buy in and it works.

Offline GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
  • Quit Date: 02/28/2020
  • Interests: Georgia Southern football and baseball, outdoor stuff, movies, music
  • Likes Given: 270
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2020, 09:29:23 PM »
Buddy, everyone goes through something slightly different. I had white patches, too. Don't go thinking the worst. I've been quit 166 days now, and the patches are gone. My gums are pink and much healthier looking, and that was after 28 years of abuse. The neck muscle soreness could be from tension you haven't even realized you were dealing with.

Stay positive. Stay patient. Most of all, stay quit.
GS9502  PTBQWY
Renegade of Quit
"For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die." - Ulysses, Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Offline D469

Anxiety
« on: August 11, 2020, 08:58:40 PM »