Author Topic: The Omega Moment - 365 Days Later  (Read 31778 times)

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
Re: The Omega Moment - 365 Days Later
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2020, 09:07:46 PM »
How many reasons to continue dipping can you list off?

1) Chicks dig it - Nothing says panties off like smokeless tobacco and a mullet
2) Everybody's gotta die of something - I wanna go out with half my face rotting off
3) I've so much cash I just don't know what to do with it - blowing it on carcinogens seems like a great investment
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline BluManChew

• Quit Pro
    • [b]The Omega Moment - 365 Days Later
  • Quit Date: October 8, 2017
  • Likes Given: 163
Re: Ode to March 2019 - Posted Some Time Ago
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2020, 06:54:30 PM »
So, for all you newbs and retreads who have butt hurt tendencies. (original written to March 19

So, an honest question:  What's it like to cave?  I don't mean pre-KTC where you stopped for a period of time (like we all have).  I mean like when you count on a few - if not several - quit sis' and bros, and they count on you, for daily and sometimes hourly support.  I mean, people here lean on eachother when they don't feel like theirs backs won't break by the fatigue of an early bombardment. 

An assault of crave after crave after nag after bitch after nag that is meant for nothing but to demoralize.  But only if it gains ground and wins and only if you let it happen.  The choice to lose or win this battle is entirely yours.

But in choosing this path to quit-dom, we thereby open ourselves up to an uncomfortable humility that all but forbids us to simply ask for help.  To ask for accountability from you and thus ask to have your trust in this battle.  You let me take your six.  You let me take your quit rage.  You call me at 3AM if you have to.  You can trust me.

By engaging in this forum you are asking for trust and at the same time to be trusted.  This isn't some fucking cult like many have said here before they ghosted.  This is a group of men and women who came to a realization they their lives and the lives of the ones that cared for them are negatively impacted in more ways to count.  This is a group of men and women who entered asking "can i trust you?" to "you can trust me."

Cavers here violate that trust.  Many of you newbs wonder about the harsh treatment retreads get.  And even say the b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-bully word.  If your underwear is not twisting on a flag pole, you are not being bullied.  If you not upside down having the coins shaken out of your pockets, you are not being bullied.

Here you are being held accountable.  This is what it looks like.  Like it or not, it always will

I’ll tell you what, you spew a lot of overconfidence and you should watch yourself, because my cave wasn’t so transparent. I left this site with a strong quit and no intention on going back, but I look back on it and see nothing but an arrogant asswipe. Who thought he was impenetrable. Nicotine didn’t come back into my life easily, I fought it, it wasn’t a moment where Nicotine opened my door and said HEY MIND IF I COME IN?? It was so much more subtle, it was so sneaky and I had no suspicion that it would even be relevant to me ever again.

Slowly the door opened more and more and I didn’t even know who it was.... I just kept watching the creeping door slowly open.... not knowing who was doing it.

Part of me let it open, part of me wanted to see if I was truly as impenetrable as I felt, I felt bullet proof. Looking back on it all, I realize it was me opening that door and no one else. I was allowing everything that happened to happen. Here I am, back at it again. A retreat in my opinion is somewhat honorable, it takes a very intelligent human being to be able to fail forward. Not saying you should be okay with failure at all, but if you do, do you just give up?

There’s another thing to be said about someone who has never failed in their entire life.... and that’s called fiction.

But also I had no accountability.... this site was nothing but a bunch of numbers online to me at 1200 days. Don’t let it become that, and even if you do decide to leave this site. Take some numbers and contacts with you....

Very well stated, @Daviddim , and i appreciate your in site and forthrightness in your struggle to stay quit even at 1,200 Days.

It's an eye opener to guys like me who are approaching 900 days quit, and i am painfully aware that one bad choice and all that goes away. I am fully aware that any thought about dip is a choice.  Right now, dip is nothing to me, and mostly don't even notice it when i'm at the store buying gum or something.

Anyways, keep up the quit and don't let a cave get you down, rather use that a fuel to push through day by god damned day every god damned day.

PTBQWY, my friend.

BMC 893

Offline Daviddim

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2020-02-05
  • Likes Given: 204
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2020, 11:04:49 PM »
So, for all you newbs and retreads who have butt hurt tendencies. (original written to March 19

So, an honest question:  What's it like to cave?  I don't mean pre-KTC where you stopped for a period of time (like we all have).  I mean like when you count on a few - if not several - quit sis' and bros, and they count on you, for daily and sometimes hourly support.  I mean, people here lean on eachother when they don't feel like theirs backs won't break by the fatigue of an early bombardment. 

An assault of crave after crave after nag after bitch after nag that is meant for nothing but to demoralize.  But only if it gains ground and wins and only if you let it happen.  The choice to lose or win this battle is entirely yours.

But in choosing this path to quit-dom, we thereby open ourselves up to an uncomfortable humility that all but forbids us to simply ask for help.  To ask for accountability from you and thus ask to have your trust in this battle.  You let me take your six.  You let me take your quit rage.  You call me at 3AM if you have to.  You can trust me.

By engaging in this forum you are asking for trust and at the same time to be trusted.  This isn't some fucking cult like many have said here before they ghosted.  This is a group of men and women who came to a realization they their lives and the lives of the ones that cared for them are negatively impacted in more ways to count.  This is a group of men and women who entered asking "can i trust you?" to "you can trust me."

Cavers here violate that trust.  Many of you newbs wonder about the harsh treatment retreads get.  And even say the b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-bully word.  If your underwear is not twisting on a flag pole, you are not being bullied.  If you not upside down having the coins shaken out of your pockets, you are not being bullied.

Here you are being held accountable.  This is what it looks like.  Like it or not, it always will

I’ll tell you what, you spew a lot of overconfidence and you should watch yourself, because my cave wasn’t so transparent. I left this site with a strong quit and no intention on going back, but I look back on it and see nothing but an arrogant asswipe. Who thought he was impenetrable. Nicotine didn’t come back into my life easily, I fought it, it wasn’t a moment where Nicotine opened my door and said HEY MIND IF I COME IN?? It was so much more subtle, it was so sneaky and I had no suspicion that it would even be relevant to me ever again.

Slowly the door opened more and more and I didn’t even know who it was.... I just kept watching the creeping door slowly open.... not knowing who was doing it.

Part of me let it open, part of me wanted to see if I was truly as impenetrable as I felt, I felt bullet proof. Looking back on it all, I realize it was me opening that door and no one else. I was allowing everything that happened to happen. Here I am, back at it again. A retreat in my opinion is somewhat honorable, it takes a very intelligent human being to be able to fail forward. Not saying you should be okay with failure at all, but if you do, do you just give up?

There’s another thing to be said about someone who has never failed in their entire life.... and that’s called fiction.

But also I had no accountability.... this site was nothing but a bunch of numbers online to me at 1200 days. Don’t let it become that, and even if you do decide to leave this site. Take some numbers and contacts with you....
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 11:16:36 PM by Daviddim »
Daviddim

"The mentality and behavior of drug addicts and alcoholics is wholly irrational until you understand that they are completely powerless over their addiction and unless they have structured help, they have no hope."

"One more is right back where you were, and where you were was desparately wishing you were where you are now"

Offline BluManChew

• Quit Pro
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2020, 08:27:45 PM »

« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 08:29:54 PM by BluManChew »

Offline BluManChew

• Quit Pro
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2020, 04:04:54 PM »
Textual Chocolates:

~~~Ah the economy of a crisis.

~~~This is the Walmart near my house. Had to stop for some cokes and Robitussin. They TP isle was empty and so was most of the medicine isle. It was ridiculous ~~~ Croak

~~~Hahaha.  And to make matters worse Alex Jones went to jail for a DUI

~~~Not Surprised there~~~Croak.

~~~What a fucking clown fiesta this is.

~~~Fucking ridiculous~~~Croak.

~~~Rick Grimes thinks we're all a bunch of overreacting pussies

~~~I'm going to make a shirt that says," it's okay to shake my hand I just washed my testicles"

~~~Yes, I'll take one of those lmfao ~~~Croak

BMC 891
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 04:08:56 PM by BluManChew »

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Likes Given: 329
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2019, 05:29:54 PM »
Day late congrats on 800! 

Offline BluManChew

• Quit Pro
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2019, 04:47:07 PM »
Anyone seen Hundy? I heard BMC ate 'im.  That's right, BMC ate Hundy!!
Congrats brother!
Thx @69franx ! & @Athan !

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2019, 07:30:10 PM »
Congrats brother!
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2019, 06:58:43 PM »
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline ankape

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 10.25.2019
  • Likes Given: 398
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2019, 04:39:59 PM »
 8)
BMC to the 8th floor!!!

Offline BluManChew

• Quit Pro
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2019, 01:21:31 PM »
Last night (12/14/19) I was at a work retreat dinner high up in the Idaho mountains when I stepped outside to get some fresh, zero degree night air.

As it happens couple of smokers came out as well.  I overhear one of my work buddies, talking about how he is getting on chantix and quitting in two weeks. 

Since it was quit talk, I listened a little closer and something about what he said about why was quitting caught my attention.  I wander over there and ask 'so, Tony, why are you quitting?'. And he goes something like, 'aw, I gotta quit for my wife and my kids. They want me to quit.'. And he says this sincerely wanting to quit for them.

And I get to thinking about why we preach here that if you are going to be successful, you must quit for yourself and ONLY yourself.

Think about it - all the withdrawals of quitting like the fog, the anxiety, quick anger, the depression, the grind, the lack of motivation, the agony and the utter misery you feel while quitting will be placed at the feet of those you are quitting for.

This will cause resentment and contempt - and possibly you'll rage against those you care for because in your twisted addict brain you'll blame them for the misery.

You must quit for you.  This is your quit and no one else's.  This is your trial and no one else's.  You dug the hole you are in and you must climb your way out.

It is not easy but quitters before you know the way out.  That is why brotherhood is important here

Since this is your quit, remember that you are in the driver's seat.  Also know that you can do this because you have the power.

So, go ahead and be a badass today. Walk a little taller.  Hold your head up high.  You're quit now, and you are doing it for yourself and for yourself only.

And if you are a guest reading this, quit for YOU and you only.  That there is the best reason to quit.

BMC 799 ODAAT.

Offline BluManChew

• Quit Pro
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2019, 10:52:33 AM »

Textual Chocolates:

~~It used to be that my eyes would pop open first thing, and I'd be gasping for a dip, as I if had surfaced from the water after having gone deeper than my lung capacity would allow.

That dip is the breath that keeps the addict alive.  The addict "needs" it otherwise it suffocates.  It feels the same fear I would if I knew I were drowning.

While still an addict, it literally had been years since I stuffed tobacco into my face

Now, instead of breathing in Poison first thing, I breath In clean air, and freedom from dip.  With that freedom comes life, and with life opportunity.

Stay quit, fuckers.  Keep your heads above the water.

790 ODAAT - 12/06/19 ~~

« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 10:59:04 AM by BluManChew »

Offline BluManChew

• Quit Pro
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2019, 05:09:52 PM »
Textual Chocolates:

~~~365 PTBQWYT ~~ Arrakisdq 4/29

~~~Keep your head on a swivel.  The bitch is a sneaky temptress and always there, lurking about the blur of the periphery.  An insationable Demoness, she is. ODAAT 6/3

~~~Fuck nicotine and her deceitful whispering nonsense. I'm quit today because of quitters who had my back when she was fucking with my head early in quit.  ~~ Croakenhagen 6/6

~~~The great thing abut KTC is that it exposes - raw and unapologetically - our weakness.  Addiction, the Bitch, the Poison, the Lipper, the Cat Turd. Call it what you will bc the devil goes by many names but is a devil still the same 4/16

~~~508. Onward and onward.  Day after damn day.  Pulled unceasingly by a single desire - to be and stay QUIT.  At all times, all damn day, every damn day. 2/27

~~~I'm to the point where I've nearly forgotten what it was really like to dip.  It's almost foreign and unrelatable to me.  Yet, the awareness and knowledge that I'm an addict and that I'm just a single choice away from reliving all of that shit is always present.  NAFAR.  PTBQWYT. 5/24

~~~532 and quit.  I've decided that I may be the only person in all if Idaho who has quit dip.  There was a dude in my group who was from here but he caved.  A long long time ago.   I wonder if he and other cavers count the days since they caved.  Like scratching line by side by line in the damp brick with their finger nails.  Day after day In the cell of there choosing, of their own creation.  I choose to quit.  I choose that for today and today only. 3/23

~~~ Quitting is winning.  Quitting is becoming a habit.  Quitting requires active participation.  Quitting is not a leisurley activity.  Quitters cannot be passive.  Congrats on quitting.  That's a big deal; that's badass.  Quitters are badass.  610 ~~  06/09

~~~ 256 fixin to eat with momma quit ~~ Boovie
467. What's on the menu?  Something stereotypically Southern, I hope.
~~Chicken pie and cornbread... ~~ Boovie
~~Outstanding!  I love Southern food.  I was raised on grits.
~~I'm baking a chocolate velvet bundt cake, as gay as that sounds.
~~Yes it sounds delicious....and gay.~~Boovie 01/17

~~~37 and ready to knock the day out without shit in my lip! ~~ CDA-rj 6/25

~~~Dude.  I can't tell you how great life is sans dip, brother.  You'll have to experience that for yourself, and you do that one day at a time.  628

~~~It's going to be a fucking great Saturday.  Why?  Because we are quit today and will make the day so. 616 ~~ 6/15

~~~86 and in a good place.  Not emotionally, I’m in line at a taco truck so I’m in a good place this morning. ~~ CDA-rj 8/13

~~~That fleeting idea that you could buy a tin and then you remember how nasty it was, all the spit bottles everywhere, the constant need to step away so you could throw one in,l because you’re ashamed, the smell of it, that ammonia smell that is filled with cancer causing chemicals including uranium and THEN you realize you’re NOT a slave anymore and how thankful you are to have folks on your side daily that helped you get to where you are.  ~~ Croakenhaagen 11/4

~~~Keep up the quit! 775
~~989 - One more day. One thing is for certain...no nic today. ~~ Zeus
~~~Come hell or high water.
~~That's right! ~~ Zeus
'nhl'
~~~That's what being quit feels like.
~~~Lol
~~I know the feeling ~~ Zeus
~~~Not me.  Goalies never score
~~~I've only scored 4 times, but I suspect the fourth time may have been an assist until the paternity test results come back.  The play is still under review
~~Haha. ~~ Zeus 11/21/19
 10:15 AM
~~990 Quit like Oedipus ~~ Zeus
~~~You know he doinked his own mother, don't you?
~~~Not that I'm judging
~~I think doinking part was a rumor started by Sidmund Freud, the sick bastard. Until then he merely killed his father and married his mother, accidently  ~~ Zeus
~~Still 990 and quit like a motherfucker. ~~ Zeus
~~~Motherfucker...very apropo...lol. 776
~~~Maurice Povich or Dr Phil need to get to the bottom of it
~~Lol. ~~ Zeus 11/22/19

~~~

Offline BluManChew

• Quit Pro
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2019, 05:08:37 PM »
 ;)

Offline BluManChew

• Quit Pro
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2019, 05:02:04 PM »
Textual Chocolates:

~~~365 PTBQWYT ~~ Arrakisdq 4/29

~~~Keep your head on a swivel.  The bitch is a sneaky temptress and always there, lurking about the blur of the periphery.  An insationable Demoness, she is. ODAAT 6/3

~~~Fuck nicotine and her deceitful whispering nonsense. I'm quit today because of quitters who had my back when she was fucking with my head early in quit.  ~~ Croakenhagen 6/6

~~~The great thing abut KTC is that it exposes - raw and unapologetically - our weakness.  Addiction, the Bitch, the Poison, the Lipper, the Cat Turd. Call it what you will bc the devil goes by many names but is a devil still the same 4/16

~~~508. Onward and onward.  Day after damn day.  Pulled unceasingly by a single desire - to be and stay QUIT.  At all times, all damn day, every damn day. 2/27

~~~I'm to the point where I've nearly forgotten what it was really like to dip.  It's almost foreign and unrelatable to me.  Yet, the awareness and knowledge that I'm an addict and that I'm just a single choice away from reliving all of that shit is always present.  NAFAR.  PTBQWYT. 5/24

~~~532 and quit.  I've decided that I may be the only person in all if Idaho who has quit dip.  There was a dude in my group who was from here but he caved.  A long long time ago.   I wonder if he and other cavers count the days since they caved.  Like scratching line by side by line in the damp brick with their finger nails.  Day after day In the cell of there choosing, of their own creation.  I choose to quit.  I choose that for today and today only. 3/23

~~~ Quitting is winning.  Quitting is becoming a habit.  Quitting requires active participation.  Quitting is not a leisurley activity.  Quitters cannot be passive.  Congrats on quitting.  That's a big deal; that's badass.  Quitters are badass.  610 ~~  06/09

~~~ 256 fixin to eat with momma quit ~~ Boovie
467. What's on the menu?  Something stereotypically Southern, I hope.
~~Chicken pie and cornbread... ~~ Boovie
~~Outstanding!  I love Southern food.  I was raised on grits.
~~I'm baking a chocolate velvet bundt cake, as gay as that sounds.
~~Yes it sounds delicious....and gay.~~Boovie 01/17

~~~37 and ready to knock the day out without shit in my lip! ~~ CDA-rj 6/25

~~~Dude.  I can't tell you how great life is sans dip, brother.  You'll have to experience that for yourself, and you do that one day at a time.  628

~~~It's going to be a fucking great Saturday.  Why?  Because we are quit today and will make the day so. 616 ~~ 6/15

~~~86 and in a good place.  Not emotionally, I’m in line at a taco truck so I’m in a good place this morning. ~~ CDA-rj 8/13

~~~That fleeting idea that you could buy a tin and then you remember how nasty it was, all the spit bottles everywhere, the constant need to step away so you could throw one in,l because you’re ashamed, the smell of it, that ammonia smell that is filled with cancer causing chemicals including uranium and THEN you realize you’re NOT a slave anymore and how thankful you are to have folks on your side daily that helped you get to where you are.  ~~ Croakenhaagen 11/4

~~~Keep up the quit! 775
~~989 - One more day. One thing is for certain...no nic today. ~~ Zeus
~~~Come hell or high water.
~~That's right! ~~ Zeus
'nhl'
~~~That's what being quit feels like.
~~~Lol
~~I know the feeling ~~ Zeus
~~~Not me.  Goalies never score
~~~I've only scored 4 times, but I suspect the fourth time may have been an assist until the paternity test results come back.  The play is still under review
~~Haha. ~~ Zeus 11/21/19
 10:15 AM
~~990 Quit like Oedipus ~~ Zeus
~~~You know he doinked his own mother, don't you?
~~~Not that I'm judging
~~I think doinking part was a rumor started by Sidmund Freud, the sick bastard. Until then he merely killed his father and married his mother, accidently  ~~ Zeus
~~Still 990 and quit like a motherfucker. ~~ Zeus
~~~Motherfucker...very apropo...lol. 776
~~~Maurice Povich or Dr Phil need to get to the bottom of it
~~Lol. ~~ Zeus 11/22/19

~
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 05:09:18 PM by BluManChew »