Author Topic: The Omega Moment - 365 Days Later  (Read 31789 times)

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
Re: The Omega Moment - 365 Days Later
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2020, 07:01:13 AM »
Dude that is totally awesome “think little kid from the incredibles in driveway”. Thanks @BluManChew for sticking around and posting still. One day with Gods help I pray that I could post 1000 days. It is people like you that keep inspiring everybody. Yrs, it is totally awesome!!

QUIT FOREVER 3/5/2020

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2020, 09:25:33 PM »
Whelp, today marks 1,000 days.  All I can say is that 1,000 days ago I flung out that final wad of catshit and said fuck it and walked away.

Not saying it was ever easy, bc it wasn't, but it sure as hell was worth it

If you think you don't have the power to overcome that nasty addiction, think again.   What you have the power over is choice.  This isn't a matter of can not or will not, but a matter choose to or choose not to quit .

If you are a guest reading this, quitting NOW will be the best choice you can make.  It's a choice I've made every moment for the past 1,000 days.

BMC 1,000
Congrats brother on a 1k badass days.
Dude!
Thx @Athan and @Keith0617 !  One thing I didn't mention above, is that those 1,000 days are attributable to all the other quitters who have to grind it out. 

Brotherhood + Accountability = Success
Such an awesome point in time: BMC@1,000! Keep the faith brother and keep being a badass spreading the word!
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline BluManChew

• Quit Pro
    • [b]The Omega Moment - 365 Days Later
  • Quit Date: October 8, 2017
  • Likes Given: 163
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2020, 07:26:38 PM »
Whelp, today marks 1,000 days.  All I can say is that 1,000 days ago I flung out that final wad of catshit and said fuck it and walked away.

If you think you don't have the power to overcome that nasty addiction, think again.   What you have the power over is choice.  This isn't a matter of can not or will not, but a matter choose to or choose not to quit .

If you are a guest reading this, quitting NOW will be the best choice you can make.  It's a choice I've made every moment for the past 1,000 days.

BMC 1,000
Dude!
Thx @Athan and @Keith0617 !  One thing I didn't mention above, is that those 1,000 days are attributable to all the other quitters who have to grind it out. 

Brotherhood + Accountability = Success

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2020, 05:03:48 PM »

BMC 1,000
Dude!
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1619
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2020, 02:32:00 PM »

BMC 1,000
Jan19

Offline BluManChew

• Quit Pro
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2020, 10:34:46 AM »

BMC 1,000

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2020, 06:14:13 PM »
...This will cause resentment and contempt - and possibly you'll rage against those you care for because in your twisted addict brain you'll blame them for the misery.
and that's how the addict brain works. It is the epitome of narcissism. The victim mentality - it's someone else's fault. It's a back door emergency escape route and a planned cave to quit for someone else.
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline BluManChew

• Quit Pro
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2020, 10:22:12 AM »
For you guest and lurkers, a short reading from a post in Oct 20 group on placing appropriate purpose on why we quit - why we really quit.
(W/ some minor edits)
BMC 995

Welcome mtrentin.   

Just a quick comment about your day 2 post.  Make sure you are quitting for the right reason.  While sacrificing your own needs for your family or others is a noble endeavor, it may not serve a purpose when it comes to quitting dip. 

Your wife and children or loved ones will not be the ones who have to suffer the withdrawals, are not the ones who drove to the c-store 4 hours after you swore off dipping, they are not the ones who stuffed cat shit in your face.

They are not the ones who will crawl and slog through the gaunlet of anxiety, depression, sleeplessness, over eating, mind-fuckery, the shakes, and the obstacles and challenges that are associated with quitting.  They will not be the ones seeking clarity in the fog.  They will not be the ones who'll want to sink in the mire when the bitch puts a death grip around your ankles and pulls you down.

Nor will it be your family who needs to text a fellow quitter in a far off land somewhere across the country when you need a little support.  It will not be your family who feels the subtle and cautious pride of a hundred days quit.  It will not be your family who writes your HOF speech, or advances t the 2nd floor, or getting that solid year of quit in the rear view.  It will not be your family who wants - at times - to say fuck it while you search for a higher resolution when MEANING and truth become pixelated.

It will be YOU.

BMC 992 - Father of 4, one on the way, 15 years married.

I quit for none of them. 

I stay quit for none of them. 

My quit is my own.

For some fucking reason i decided to go back and read some of my own stuff,and came across this post from 7 months ago.  It's related to the "why" of quitting.

To update you, i talked to the guy last week.  He still smokes, and he still talks about Chantix.
[/i]

(Posted from 12/15/19)

Last night (12/14/19) I was at a work retreat dinner high up in the Idaho mountains when I stepped outside to get some fresh, zero degree night air.

As it happens couple of smokers came out as well.  I overhear one of my work buddies, talking about how he is getting on chantix and quitting in two weeks. 

Since it was quit talk, I listened a little closer and something about what he said about why was quitting caught my attention.  I wander over there and ask 'so, Tony, why are you quitting?'. And he goes something like, 'aw, I gotta quit for my wife and my kids. They want me to quit.'. And he says this sincerely wanting to quit for them.

And I get to thinking about why we preach here that if you are going to be successful, you must quit for yourself and ONLY yourself.

Think about it - all the withdrawals of quitting like the fog, the anxiety, quick anger, the depression, the grind, the lack of motivation, the agony and the utter misery you feel while quitting will be placed at the feet of those you are quitting for.

This will cause resentment and contempt - and possibly you'll rage against those you care for because in your twisted addict brain you'll blame them for the misery.

You must quit for you.  This is your quit and no one else's.  This is your trial and no one else's.  You dug the hole you are in and you must climb your way out.

It is not easy but quitters before you know the way out.  That is why brotherhood is important here

Since this is your quit, remember that you are in the driver's seat.  Also know that you can do this because you have the power.

So, go ahead and be a badass today. Walk a little taller.  Hold your head up high.  You're quit now, and you are doing it for yourself and for yourself only.

And if you are a guest reading this, quit for YOU and you only.  That there is the best reason to quit.

BMC 799 ODAAT.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 10:24:53 AM by BluManChew »

Offline BluManChew

• Quit Pro
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2020, 09:37:03 PM »
For you guest and lurkers, a short reading from a post in Oct 20 group on placing appropriate purpose on why we quit - why we really quit.
(W/ some minor edits)
BMC 995

Welcome mtrentin.   

Just a quick comment about your day 2 post.  Make sure you are quitting for the right reason.  While sacrificing your own needs for your family or others is a noble endeavor, it may not serve a purpose when it comes to quitting dip. 

Your wife and children or loved ones will not be the ones who have to suffer the withdrawals, are not the ones who drove to the c-store 4 hours after you swore off dipping, they are not the ones who stuffed cat shit in your face.

They are not the ones who will crawl and slog through the gaunlet of anxiety, depression, sleeplessness, over eating, mind-fuckery, the shakes, and the obstacles and challenges that are associated with quitting.  They will not be the ones seeking clarity in the fog.  They will not be the ones who'll want to sink in the mire when the bitch puts a death grip around your ankles and pulls you down.

Nor will it be your family who needs to text a fellow quitter in a far off land somewhere across the country when you need a little support.  It will not be your family who feels the subtle and cautious pride of a hundred days quit.  It will not be your family who writes your HOF speech, or advances t the 2nd floor, or getting that solid year of quit in the rear view.  It will not be your family who wants - at times - to say fuck it while you search for a higher resolution when MEANING and truth become pixelated.

It will be YOU.

BMC 992 - Father of 4, one on the way, 15 years married.

I quit for none of them. 

I stay quit for none of them. 

My quit is my own.

Offline Croakenhagen

• Quit Pro
  • Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?
  • Quit Date: 8-16-2020
  • Likes Given: 867
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2020, 12:20:55 AM »
Anyone seen Hundy? I heard BluManChew Nine Hundy?
Wait...Well...OK...so that doesn't really work at all. Anyway, Congratulations!

Way to kick ass Rob, proud to be in your corner!!
Thx @Skolvikings !
C9ngratulations BMC !!! Badassery
Congrats man on 900! Well deserved and PTBQWYT!
Humbled.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2012
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2020, 04:38:23 PM »

Thx @Skolvikings !
C9ngratulations BMC !!! Badassery
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline BluManChew

• Quit Pro
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2020, 09:42:18 AM »

Thx @Skolvikings

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 971
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2020, 07:10:41 PM »

Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2020, 06:52:08 PM »

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2020, 06:51:10 PM »

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer