Author Topic: Made the decision  (Read 3264 times)

Offline Falcon67

• 2017 Decemberist
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: Aug 29, 2017
  • Interests: Fishing, archery, Geocaching, Music, Magic
  • Likes Given: 214
Re: Made the decision
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2019, 07:52:23 AM »
I've finally made the decision that will change my life. Today is the morning of Day 2 and I swear my mind is trying to screw with me. "You dummy, you can't do this!"..."Come on, one more can and then you can quit"..."How about trying to cut back instead of cold turkey??"
And now you're 600 days free - faithfully posting ODAAT, contributing to the context of quit that is April '18. You truly are the Queen. Keep it up. Keep showing the ladies out there that they can do it too, that it's just not a man thing, that this oasis in the desert of the despair of addiction is open to all.
See you at 700 - ODAAT!
Congratulations Patti on your fantastic quit!!!

@Patti.... want you to see this our queen. We love you mucho lady!!!

You guys!! This is why I love you all, because not only are you going through your own quit journey, but you truly care about other people's journeys as well. Proud to quit with you guys  :-*

Killing this QUIT Lady -- You ROCK!!  As always proud to quit with you!

Offline Patti

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2019, 09:16:00 PM »
I've finally made the decision that will change my life. Today is the morning of Day 2 and I swear my mind is trying to screw with me. "You dummy, you can't do this!"..."Come on, one more can and then you can quit"..."How about trying to cut back instead of cold turkey??"
And now you're 600 days free - faithfully posting ODAAT, contributing to the context of quit that is April '18. You truly are the Queen. Keep it up. Keep showing the ladies out there that they can do it too, that it's just not a man thing, that this oasis in the desert of the despair of addiction is open to all.
See you at 700 - ODAAT!

You guys!! This is why I love you all, because not only are you going through your own quit journey, but you truly care about other people's journeys as well. Proud to quit with you guys  :-*

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 970
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2019, 08:46:07 PM »
See you at 700 - ODAAT!

Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline FLLipOut

• Master of Quit
  • Lady Arsonist
  • Quit Date: 07/22/16
  • Likes Given: 2555
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2019, 08:29:06 PM »
See you at 700 - ODAAT!
Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.
"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" - Samwise Gamgee
HOF: 10.29.16 | FL 2: 02.06.17 | FL 3: 05.17.17 | Y1: 07.22.17 | FL 4: 08.25.17 | FL 5: 12.03.17 | FL 6: 03.13.18 | FL 7: 06.21.18 | Y2: 07.22.18 | FL 8: 09.29.18 | FL 9: 01.07.19 | COMMA , : 04.17.19 | Y3: 07.22.19 | FL 11: 07.26.19 | FL 12: 11.03.19 | FL 13: 02.11.20 | FL 14: 05.21.20 | Y4: 07.22.20 | FL 15: 08.29.20  | FL 16: 12.07.20 | FL 17: 03.17.21 | FL 18: 06.25.21 | Y5: 07.22.21 | FL 19: 06.25.21 | FL 20 ,, : 01.11.22 | FL 21: 04.21.22 | Y6: 07.22.22 | FL 22: 07.30.22 | FL 23: 11.07.22 | FL 24: 02.15.23 | FL 25: 05.26.23 | Y7: 07.22.23 | FL 26: 09.03.23 | FL 27: 12.12.23 | FL 28: 03.21.24

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2019, 05:17:00 AM »
See you at 700 - ODAAT!
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
  • Interests: Family, fishing, football, friends and being quitI love my wife and two daughters. I'm not perfect but strive every day to be better.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2018, 07:18:00 PM »
Poof

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
  • Interests: Family, fishing, football, friends and being quitI love my wife and two daughters. I'm not perfect but strive every day to be better.
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2018, 10:22:00 AM »
Getting close to un chartered quit waters.....never been past 7 months in 30 years....222 qlf

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2018, 07:00:00 PM »
Double WUPP time for 200, proud to be quit wit u

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 970
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2018, 12:28:00 PM »
Congratulations on 200 sister, you are a BAQ and all of us in April love seeing you on roll everyday.

Proud to quit with you, on to 300!!!!!!!!!!!
Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2018, 02:46:00 PM »
Quote from: Patti
Day 3! This is hard as hell, but I will not pick up a can again. No way am I going to put nicotine back into my system only to have to turn around and get it back out again, hell no.

Anyway! I'm realizing how often I chewed and the little things that make me think of it. That moment I take my last sip of morning coffee. Cooking. Driving to and from work. Watching a movie. Doing my hair. Crocheting. Going to bed and not having the "one last chew" I'm used to.

It's crazy to get rid of something that has been a huge part of my daily life for 20 years! I wasn't sure it would ever happen. But here I am working on it, and every minute is a success in my eyes because it would be so easy to just walk to the gas station down the street and grab a can.
Welcome Patti.
Learn to hate this shit like it was the worse thing that ever came in your life, BECAUSE IT WAS! Yes this quitting is hard but so is getting up going to work for the past 40 years but like everything else in my life itÂ’s an addiction and IÂ’m gonna do my best to make quitting my new found addiction! Glad to have you here with us. LetÂ’s get this done together!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Patti

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2018, 12:44:00 PM »
Day 3! This is hard as hell, but I will not pick up a can again. No way am I going to put nicotine back into my system only to have to turn around and get it back out again, hell no.

Anyway! I'm realizing how often I chewed and the little things that make me think of it. That moment I take my last sip of morning coffee. Cooking. Driving to and from work. Watching a movie. Doing my hair. Crocheting. Going to bed and not having the "one last chew" I'm used to.

It's crazy to get rid of something that has been a huge part of my daily life for 20 years! I wasn't sure it would ever happen. But here I am working on it, and every minute is a success in my eyes because it would be so easy to just walk to the gas station down the street and grab a can.

Offline Falcon67

• 2017 Decemberist
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: Aug 29, 2017
  • Interests: Fishing, archery, Geocaching, Music, Magic
  • Likes Given: 214
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2018, 12:32:00 PM »
Way to go Patti -- I see you have been posting early every day! That is what it takes to do this.

Stay strong!

Proud to quit with you!

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2018, 03:22:00 PM »
Quitters win! Glad you are here.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline BrianG

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • “Brotherhood is born in adversity.”
  • Quit Date: 17 JAN 2017
  • Likes Given: 123
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2018, 12:43:00 AM »
Congrats Patti....Never Again For Any Reason!!! NAFAR!!!
He who has a why can bear almost any how.

Offline Weedsta

• Quit Pro
  • Just wanna do a lil Hippy Slappin!
  • Quit Date: 9 Jan 17
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2018, 11:57:00 PM »
you made the right decision alright...keep it going...I am just a few days shy of a year quit and it does get better...ODAAT = one day at a time...thats all I can do and focusing on that has kept me straight along with a good line of digits...get those digits and text them EDD = every damn day as well....always here to help and my digits will be in your box shortly...proud to be quit with you and your hubby! Have him join up too...its a NO NICOTINE site so he will fit right in...take care, Carmel