Author Topic: Introduction Day 1  (Read 1973 times)

Offline Chaotique

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 121
Re: Introduction Day 1
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2019, 04:34:53 PM »
Thanks for posting your intro, Jimmy.  I joined you yesterday in the March 2020 PreHOF.  While I'm in a bit of a fog in my 2nd day of the quit, it is encouraging to see the daily roll, encouragement in the forums and the outreach in messages.  Chaotique

Offline Jenahen

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2019-12-11
  • Likes Given: 97
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2019, 10:18:00 AM »
Welcome Jimmy. Congrats on making the decision to quit. You went one day, let’s keep going. We have a strong group in March and we have your back. It will be a long road ahead of You and I and the rest of March group, but we will be in it together. I quit with you today.
Jenahen

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1653
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2019, 05:42:18 AM »
Good job posting roll! See...that was easy. You've done it. Now your quit. Today. 
Each day is a gift. Don't squander it. Use it effectively.
I've some links about nicotine and addiction in my signature.
Educate yourself; there's a billion dollar industry whose business model is shattered when you do.
knowledge is power. Ignorance is terribly expensive.
IQWYT
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline olcpo

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Gravity Always Wins; 1 problem + nicotine=2 probs
  • Quit Date: November 26, 2019
  • Interests: March 2020; No Nicotine Today; One Day At A Time; By God's Grace, I Am Quit
  • Likes Given: 382
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 01:11:57 PM »
Welcome to March 2020 Quit Group, Jimmy. Congratulations on the decision to be here. You are in the right place if you want to be free from nicotine and chew. The folks of this site are amazing. @Falcon67 hit it right on the head. Everyone here has been through what you will be going through. Know that it will get better. They all told me what to expect and they are right. I am only 18 days into my quit and honestly it is a new life. Tense moments but the clock ticks and we are here for you. As was shared with me a few days ago, much in life we can't control, but the ONE THING we can control is what we choose to put in our mouth.

Explore this site and read. Write what is going in your head Here in your intro. It helps me to get it off my chest and several of the Vets come through read and always leave constructive supportive comments.  Their offer of help is sincere, They mean it. I have shared my cell number (digits) with some, texted a few, but I have yet to call anyone. I will force myself to call, as one person put it, turn pixels into people.

One Day At A Time - ODAAT and for me some times it was/is One Minute At A Time -OMAAT. Stay busy, keep moving, I have been exercising more as I find it clears my head and the fog.

Private Message (PM) me if you want digits or just need to blow up.  The hardest part is over, your decision to quit and posting first roll, the toughest part is yet to come as you clean out the habit and nicotine, You Can Do This!
Olcpo
Micah 6:8
"Dying is easy, It's Living that's tough".
"Caving is easy, It's Quitting that is Tough"

Offline Falcon67

• 2017 Decemberist
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: Aug 29, 2017
  • Interests: Fishing, archery, Geocaching, Music, Magic
  • Likes Given: 214
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 11:27:16 AM »
Hey Jimmy welcome to the site and Good Job quitting and posting roll today!!  You are off to a great start.

Posting roll every morning is the price of admission here.  Make that daily promise to not do nicotine for that day to yourself, your group and this entire site.  One thing you need to understand and that called out to me in your post:  This is NOT A HABIT -- Nicotine is an ADDICTION and YOU ARE AN ADDICT.  This is key to understand why your Quit will be tough but so important to your life.  It will always be a daily fight -- you never get over it.

Some words of advice:  Embrace the suck, as it will suck, especially in the beginning.  Reach out to your fellow group members and vets for digits so you do not feel alone.  READ READ READ things on this site -- it is full of great information, bitching, and other BS from addicts fighting their addiction.  Remember we all started off just like you -- no one got a free pass here.

You can do this!

Offline JDW5819

• Likes Given: 0
Introduction Day 1
« on: December 13, 2019, 11:00:31 AM »
Good morning everyone. My name is Jimmy and today is my first day of freedom from nicotine. I know the road will be difficult but I pledge to to stay quit for today and will do my best to stay vigilant in the the fight against my cravings. I have dipped tobacco and smoked cigarettes since I was 15. 5 years ago I kicked smoking and never looked back but my snuff usage has doubled if not tripled since then. I have finally had enough. I started to notice how my behaviors all focused around my habit. I recently transitioned to Stoker's that comes in a tub and it made me realize how much control tobacco really has on my life. I physically had to carry the tub around everywhere. I made space for it in my laptop bag for work. I stopped to get coffee in the mornings to have a spit cup that no one could see through vs a bottle. Slipping a can in your jeans or coat pocket is one thing but carrying around a 1/4 gallon tub everywhere starts to become a choir. These little things started throwing up red flags that were not obvious to me before. SO......I decided that it is time, at 37 years old, to quit tobacco for good. Thanks to this site I feel like I might have a chance to really kick this habit for good.