Author Topic: 69franx  (Read 40454 times)

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
Re: 69franx
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2017, 10:17:00 AM »
Quote from: batdad
Congrats on reaching the hall!! Keep quitting one day at a time
YouÂ’re doing it right! You are supporting others and getting support in return! Win win situation! Congratulations and letÂ’s keep doing this together ODAAT!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Batdad

• Quit Asshole
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Churning the KTC Dookie Butter
  • Quit Date: 01/03/2017
  • Interests: Quitting!
  • Likes Given: 1068
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2017, 09:32:00 AM »
Congrats on reaching the hall!! Keep quitting one day at a time
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline MikeP15

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 265
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2017, 07:34:00 AM »
Proud of you Frank - you made it buddy! From intro to the HOF. You BAS ASS QUITTER!
Be Strong. Be Quit. One Day at a Time

HoF - 11/23/17 2nd Floor - 3/3/18 3rd Floor - 6/11/18 1 Year - 8/15/18 4th Floor - 9/19/18 5th Floor - 12/28/18 6th Floor - 4/7/19 7th Floor - 7/16/19 2 Years - 8/15/19 8th Floor - 10/24/19  9th Floor - 2/01/2020 Comma (,) - 5/11/2020 3 Years - 8/14/2020 11th Floor - 8/19/2020 12th Floor - 11/29/2020 13th Floor - 3/7/2021 14th Floor - 6/15/2021 4 Years - 8/16/2021 15th Floor - 9/23/202116th Floor - 01/01/2022 17th Floor - 4/11/2022

Offline Candoit

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • The Candy Man
  • Quit Date: Today
  • Likes Given: 121
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2017, 07:03:00 AM »
Quote from: worktowin
Congratulations on your first big milestone, the first of many!

Dude you are doing this the right way. Making connections and getting your name out there. You will have a few bumps ahead, after HOF is sometimes a difficult period, but ODAAT it gets SO much better from here. Stay the course, have faith, greatness is head.

Enjoy today! YouÂ’ve earned this!
Well done on the first 100!
There are no circumstances in which using nicotine will improve the outcome.

My journey. The best part it is not over yet.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2017, 05:40:00 AM »
Congratulations on your first big milestone, the first of many!

Dude you are doing this the right way. Making connections and getting your name out there. You will have a few bumps ahead, after HOF is sometimes a difficult period, but ODAAT it gets SO much better from here. Stay the course, have faith, greatness is head.

Enjoy today! YouÂ’ve earned this!

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2017, 07:12:00 AM »
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: 69Franx
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: Idaho
Here on day 98 today. Got a little reality check last week about balance in all things. I know I can be a bit compulsive and I was reminded of this when the wife told me she was unhappy with the amount of time I spend on here. I have a tattoo representing Balance to me (it is Balance for any of you with experience with MTG.) I had forgotten how much this means to me, and especially how much she means to me. The phrase "take what you need and leave the rest" rings so true for me right now. I spent the weekend pretty much ghosting and posting. I only texted those who texted me, and really only posted in November. Huge difference between that and my norm of sending texts out to almost 40 people first thing everyday and posting support in over 30 months for a ton of November's supporters. It was just too much. The last day I posted everywhere last week, I jacked at least 2 different rolls unintentionally. If you are reading this, just remember "Moderation in all things, even moderation." Don't let your loved ones suffer or feel left out because you are quitting. going to need some time to re-focus and prioritize my life before I can piece together a HOF speech. Thanx for reading, just really needed to put some of this on paper for myself. Kind of my own little promise to fix the prioritization issue and not leave her out in the cold. For anyone reading this that i usually post support for, just understand that I will still be here, I will still support you all, I just may not be able to mention everyone. What a rambling fool I feel like right now. Carry on all
69Franx great work you are doing it right. Your quit is a journey, it will evolve and change as you post digits and face new challenges and obstacles.
You need your wife's support and work together to figure out a happy medium;
tell her my story; 'quit' hit the HOF, slowly started to not post, faded away, to only get cave and chew hard for another 6 months to only start from ground zero. I am not as active as I used to be but I am here, posting never going away because I can't take that risk.
Thanx so much for these words and your continued support. I made the mistake of only telling her I was quitting and how (through KTC) I did not tell her about spousal support really until it was too late. That was info I really should have given her on Day 1 and not doing that really hurt. She was at the point of telling me that I had changed so much in the last 95 days that she would rather have the old me back and chewing than the cold, distant dumbass I was becoming. What a wake up call. I knew I had gotten myself into the addiction, and figured I could get myself out of it. I made the mistake during down time of being on the site rather than being present with her at home. I do my best when I am up early before her, and can send out all my texts first thing, sorry to all you late risers or West Coasters, its the only way to get them all in. At work, I can usually spend half an hour to post support everywhere I want to. I just spent too much time reading all the drama in a couple newer months over the last couple weeks and it had an effect on the time I spent with her. That is behind me. As i said earlier, I may not continue calling out all those I did before, but I am always available to anyone through PM or text if you have my digits. I am still active in my home group, but cannot keep up with all the drama elsewhere. I will share with and support anyone who needs another contact, just shoot me a PM.
Understand totally my friend, over 2.5 years later mine still bitches at me but I understand I do spend way to much time on here. Always wanting to give back whatÂ’s been given to me
I think if I can just spend less of our time on here, and show her the spousal support page as well as the contract to quit, things will be forgiven and better overall
Remember... this is about you. YouÂ’ll find the right balance. Congrats on soon to be triple digits !!!!
Thanx for the support and everything you do here W2W.
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2017, 10:19:00 PM »
Here on day 98 today. Got a little reality check last week about balance in all things. I know I can be a bit compulsive and I was reminded of this when the wife told me she was unhappy with the amount of time I spend on here. I have a tattoo representing Balance to me (it is Balance for any of you with experience with MTG.) I had forgotten how much this means to me, and especially how much she means to me. The phrase "take what you need and leave the rest" rings so true for me right now. I spent the weekend pretty much ghosting and posting. I only texted those who texted me, and really only posted in November. Huge difference between that and my norm of sending texts out to almost 40 people first thing everyday and posting support in over 30 months for a ton of November's supporters. It was just too much. The last day I posted everywhere last week, I jacked at least 2 different rolls unintentionally. If you are reading this, just remember "Moderation in all things, even moderation." Don't let your loved ones suffer or feel left out because you are quitting. going to need some time to re-focus and prioritize my life before I can piece together a HOF speech. Thanx for reading, just really needed to put some of this on paper for myself. Kind of my own little promise to fix the prioritization issue and not leave her out in the cold. For anyone reading this that i usually post support for, just understand that I will still be here, I will still support you all, I just may not be able to mention everyone. What a rambling fool I feel like right now. Carry on all
69Franx great work you are doing it right. Your quit is a journey, it will evolve and change as you post digits and face new challenges and obstacles.
tell her my story; 'quit' hit the HOF, slowly started to not post, faded away, to only get cave and chew hard for another 6 months to only start from ground zero. I am not as active as I used to be but I am here, posting never going away because I can't take that risk.
Thanx so much for these words and your continued support. I made the mistake of only telling her I was quitting and how (through KTC) I did not tell her about spousal support really until it was too late. That was info I really should have given her on Day 1 and not doing that really hurt. She was at the point of telling me that I had changed so much in the last 95 days that she would rather have the old me back and chewing than the cold, distant dumbass I was becoming. What a wake up call. I knew I had gotten myself into the addiction, and figured I could get myself out of it. I made the mistake during down time of being on the site rather than being present with her at home. I do my best when I am up early before her, and can send out all my texts first thing, sorry to all you late risers or West Coasters, its the only way to get them all in. At work, I can usually spend half an hour to post support everywhere I want to. I just spent too much time reading all the drama in a couple newer months over the last couple weeks and it had an effect on the time I spent with her. That is behind me. As i said earlier, I may not continue calling out all those I did before, but I am always available to anyone through PM or text if you have my digits. I am still active in my home group, but cannot keep up with all the drama elsewhere. I will share with and support anyone who needs another contact, just shoot me a PM.
Understand totally my friend, over 2.5 years later mine still bitches at me but I understand I do spend way to much time on here. Always wanting to give back whatÂ’s been given to me
I think if I can just spend less of our time on here, and show her the spousal support page as well as the contract to quit, things will be forgiven and better overall
Remember... this is about you. YouÂ’ll find the right balance. Congrats on soon to be triple digits !!!!

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2017, 07:33:00 PM »
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2017, 05:30:00 PM »
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2017, 01:20:00 PM »
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2017, 01:00:00 PM »

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2017, 11:52:00 AM »
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2017, 10:06:00 PM »
Quote from: Swilson
Thanx to all for the well wishes on my birthday last week. I know from reading through the pet peeves thread on Wildcard that a man my age should not be having an actual birthday party, so I just spent time with family and friends Thursday through Sunday. it was a great weekend, saw some friends I had not seen since moving away from Cleveland 6 years ago, and relived some crazy stories from our past.
Stopped in here to reflect a bit and realize that I really have not posted an update in over a month, when I wanted to be in here weekly to track my thoughts.
So now that I am back in here, I am at day 84, and things are going well. I have been following someone's advice on a proper quit plan: posting support in several months: when I am in town (so I missed most of these this past weekend.) I am trying to post support in every month of 2017, January of 2018, every November on the site back to 2008, as well as several other months with strong supporters of the ABQ in them. At last count this morning, I posted in 30 different groups, and texted my day count out to over 30 people. These numbers are what is keeping me quit. I cant let all those people down. I can't break my word with that many people. I have said it earlier on here, this quit I am living is for me and I am doing what I need to to keep myself quit.
Still struggling to get the weight off through WW, but it is slowly going down when I don't have a birthday weekend out of town celebrating with old friends. . Really just rambling right now, but caught up with posting the day and November is awfully quiet this afternoon.
For November, HOF is rapidly approaching, with 2 brothers hitting the 90s so far. Scott and I are getting the ABQ to commit to at least 200 days of posting. Several have committed, several including me have screwed up roll because of the extra coding for this. Keep on moving forward. Keep on the plus 1 track EDD!
Maybe we should move the Commit to 200 to field # 2 then it would go back to posting like normal...

ABQ B)B
I'm certainly not the coding guy. If you think that would make it easier, then lets give it a try. You saw the late afternoon roll jack that set me off, correct?
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline Swilson

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 62
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2017, 06:23:00 PM »
Thanx to all for the well wishes on my birthday last week. I know from reading through the pet peeves thread on Wildcard that a man my age should not be having an actual birthday party, so I just spent time with family and friends Thursday through Sunday. it was a great weekend, saw some friends I had not seen since moving away from Cleveland 6 years ago, and relived some crazy stories from our past.
Stopped in here to reflect a bit and realize that I really have not posted an update in over a month, when I wanted to be in here weekly to track my thoughts.
So now that I am back in here, I am at day 84, and things are going well. I have been following someone's advice on a proper quit plan: posting support in several months: when I am in town (so I missed most of these this past weekend.) I am trying to post support in every month of 2017, January of 2018, every November on the site back to 2008, as well as several other months with strong supporters of the ABQ in them. At last count this morning, I posted in 30 different groups, and texted my day count out to over 30 people. These numbers are what is keeping me quit. I cant let all those people down. I can't break my word with that many people. I have said it earlier on here, this quit I am living is for me and I am doing what I need to to keep myself quit.
Still struggling to get the weight off through WW, but it is slowly going down when I don't have a birthday weekend out of town celebrating with old friends. . Really just rambling right now, but caught up with posting the day and November is awfully quiet this afternoon.
For November, HOF is rapidly approaching, with 2 brothers hitting the 90s so far. Scott and I are getting the ABQ to commit to at least 200 days of posting. Several have committed, several including me have screwed up roll because of the extra coding for this. Keep on moving forward. Keep on the plus 1 track EDD!
Maybe we should move the Commit to 200 to field # 2 then it would go back to posting like normal...

ABQ B)B

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2017, 01:15:00 PM »
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech