Author Topic: The Omega Moment - 365 Days Later  (Read 32238 times)

Offline BluManChew

• Quit Pro
    • [b]The Omega Moment - 365 Days Later
  • Quit Date: October 8, 2017
  • Likes Given: 163
Re: The Omega Moment - 365 Days Later
« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2023, 10:21:26 PM »
Feeling like I just stumbled out of a vortex. 1918. QAF

« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 10:24:29 PM by BluManChew »

Offline BluManChew

• Quit Pro
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2021, 12:45:35 AM »
And still quit.  After all these days - 1424.  6 weeks shy of 4 years.

And you fucking people are still on the fence on this?  This quitting thing? 

Like, you pathetic pieces of shit still have half a tin in your pocket?

Or maybe you've been thinking about quitting for a really, really, really long time.  And you find a way to congratulate yourselves for having had that desire for that long.  And yet somehow some way you find a way to battle it out each day with the bitch. She kicks your ass every day and you know it.  You chews it. Self flagellation, like some martyr.  "look at me set an example by punishing myself and i'll save you from a similar fate!"  L-O-Fucking-L!

Please, bitch, may have some more?

Good luck with that.  I mean that sincerely, you slobby, drooly fucktard.

BMC 1424

Offline BluManChew

• Quit Pro
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2020, 04:19:37 PM »
I see all these guests lurking about.  Do you even want to quit?  If so, do so now and walk away from that shit for good - NOW.

Unless of course you truly enjoy being a slave to the can, sneaking out to the garage to stuff cat shit in your face.  Or maybe you think the chicks really dig ass-breath.  Perhaps you've invested so much time, money, and emotional capital in giving yourself face cancer, that it would be a waste to give up now.  I know, your dentist loves that you dip because they pulling your teeth puts their kids thru college.

Really, tho.  If you want to quit you would make it a priority.  If you currently have a wad of chaw in your lip, then that is your priority - above all else.

If you are chewing you are choosing a dead weed over your health, your significant other, your kids, money, being cool, clean teeth, honesty, self satisfaction, and equally significant - your freedom.  And that is a very, very short list of things you are placing beneath dip.

Face it - if you are dipping right now, than that is your most important priority.

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2020, 03:38:14 PM »
Now that our guy SixString has had a moment to vent, let me address what it is he is referring to:

I was invited to join Quitting Dip, and on a whim, I did.  I said, "why the fuck not? Some of my other buddies post there as well."  Some of those guys left KTC all together.

I did indeed post twice on QD, but not today.  There was this nagging doubt about the site - not the site in and of itself, but rather if i could make a full commitment to QD, and still make a full commitment to KTC.  The answer to that was, no.  I could not be actively involved in QD as is required there, and at the same time be actively involved here.

Since my choice could not be both, my choice then is to post here and here only.  My choice then is to do my best as a mod here, to better hold others accountable, to share quit wisdom, to offer encouragement, and to, in some way, help you be a better man by ridding yourself of the addict mentality and to help fortify your choice at a better life.  KTC and the brotherhood HERE provided a pathway for me to become quit.

I stumbled upon this site like many of you and I know how harmful dip was to my mind, body, and my soul - as you probably do to.

So, you can form your own opinions, as Mr. Six has.  And maybe you wanna know more about me as BluManChew - it's all here in these forums - i laid it all out there - good, bad, stupid, ill timed, funny, assholish - its all there.

Regardless of where anyone chooses to post - quit is quit.  And I can respect that.

BMC 1070

bro, you add spice to the quit. I looked at it, but why forsake my first love to dance with a stranger? Sticking around.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2020, 12:25:38 AM »
Now that our guy SixString has had a moment to vent, let me address what it is he is referring to:

I was invited to join Quitting Dip, and on a whim, I did.  I said, "why the fuck not? Some of my other buddies post there as well."  Some of those guys left KTC all together.

I did indeed post twice on QD, but not today.  There was this nagging doubt about the site - not the site in and of itself, but rather if i could make a full commitment to QD, and still make a full commitment to KTC.  The answer to that was, no.  I could not be actively involved in QD as is required there, and at the same time be actively involved here.

Since my choice could not be both, my choice then is to post here and here only.  My choice then is to do my best as a mod here, to better hold others accountable, to share quit wisdom, to offer encouragement, and to, in some way, help you be a better man by ridding yourself of the addict mentality and to help fortify your choice at a better life.  KTC and the brotherhood HERE provided a pathway for me to become quit.

I stumbled upon this site like many of you and I know how harmful dip was to my mind, body, and my soul - as you probably do to.

So, you can form your own opinions, as Mr. Six has.  And maybe you wanna know more about me as BluManChew - it's all here in these forums - i laid it all out there - good, bad, stupid, ill timed, funny, assholish - its all there.

Regardless of where anyone chooses to post - quit is quit.  And I can respect that.

BMC 1070

Quit on brother!

The first person in my quit network who actually called me on the phone left KTC for QD a long time ago.  The last time I checked he was still posting roll there.  I never had hard feelings.  I think everyone who wants to quit needs to do whatever they need to do to stay quit today.  The important thing is being quit.   8)

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1633
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2020, 08:35:59 PM »

BMC 1070

Quit on brother!
Jan19

Offline BluManChew

• Quit Pro
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2020, 03:22:32 PM »

BMC 1070

Offline ankape

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 10.25.2019
  • Likes Given: 398
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2020, 06:08:42 PM »
Textual Chocolates

~1010. Hi Annette. How is everything with your quit? Just been perusing the intros. Looks like you may be struggling a bit?

263 hey Rob! I had a bit of a breakdown last week but I'm doing great now. Thank you! How are you and your fam? ~~ ankape

~Glad you're doing great now.

~So....um...did you lose your shit and go psycho?

~hahaha
(Uhhgg...Wow thanks Rob,...ok, what the hell why not...)
“Well I got really frustrated with myself and my fuckin pity party and took my bike out hard and then some turkey vultures started circling and I laughed at myself like (well, shit I guess it's not THAT bad)“ ~ankape

“Oh, I wish I was more like you!” ~BMC
 :P

Offline BluManChew

• Quit Pro
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2020, 04:59:28 PM »

Offline BluManChew

• Quit Pro
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2020, 04:39:39 PM »
Textual Chocolates

~1010. Hi Annette. How is everything with your quit? Just been perusing the intros. Looks like you may be struggling a bit?

263 hey Rob! I had a bit of a breakdown last week but I'm doing great now. Thank you! How are you and your fam? ~~ ankape

~Glad you're doing great now.

~So....um...did you lose your shit and go psycho?

~hahaha
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 04:58:42 PM by BluManChew »

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
Re: 381 Days Later
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2020, 10:36:52 PM »
381 Days Later

Gents, ladies, let me be 69franx with you.  I'm going to tell you something straight up.  From the cavernous labyrinth of my soul - let me tell you something from a dope who  dipped straight but never dipped Cope. 

I measure my sordid, masochistic, insidious love affair with the bitch in decades.

How I made as far as I have I cannot tell you.  And how I've made from there to here I certainly can - Choice.  The Epiphainein event leading up this point 381 days  later came down to a simple choice.

A choice that for one reason or another I hadn't ever made - I mean really, really had never made that choice.  But I made that choice decades after I knew that I should.  But I bought the lie that came with every tin, every pack.  It told me time and time again that I never could.

Then one day, I made the easiest choice I ever had - I walked away.  As simple as that.  One moment I was dipping and the next I was not.  It wasn’t always easy, though.

Sometimes I had to run and I had to run like hell - run like my hair's on fire.  And I walked, stumbled, sprinted, jogged, dragged and crawled and clawed my way.  Kicking and screaming - dragging myself onward.  Day after God damned day, every damn day, day after day after day. 

Yet, here I am.  381 days later.  Three hundred and eighty one days since day number one.  That means something.  That’s something worth protecting. 

I'll guard my quit like I guard my balls.  Always, ALWAYS, always be on the ready for a surprise, phantom kick by the bitch of a passing flick-of-the wrist directed toward your groin. – (hands crossed over crotch, lift one foot off the ground, bend raised knee, and quarter turn away from the assailant.)  Works every fucking time.

I'm quick like that.

So, let me tell you all something besides all that sobby shit.

Ready?  No, seriously? Okay....

...being quit is awesome.  No, glorious some days in fact.  I cannot begin to tell you how much life will be better.  In every way - whatever the circumstances.  I can’t tell you.  I wish I could tell you, but I can’t.  I can’t tell you how healthy it feels, how good it feels; how good it feels to have the weight and burden of constant self-reproach cast from my once slumped shoulders.   I can focus.  Music is better.  I can breathe.  I call smile.  I can kiss. I can care now. And me telling you all these things doesn’t tell the full story.  So, I’m sorry for that.

Fuck, guys.  I'm really sorry.  I'm sorry I couldn't tell you about being quit and all.  Damn, man.

I can't tell you because you're going to have to experience it for yourselves.  "One day at a time". That’s not a slogan. That's how it’s done.  It's a choice that needs to made daily.  ODAAT

Just sayin’.

BMC 381.
628 after that...

BMC 1,009
Damn man, has it really almost been 2 years since you posted this nugget, I mean Boulder of knowledge? Thanx for reposting
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline BluManChew

• Quit Pro
Re: 381 Days Later
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2020, 09:34:56 AM »
381 Days Later

Gents, ladies, let me be 69franx with you.  I'm going to tell you something straight up.  From the cavernous labyrinth of my soul - let me tell you something from a dope who  dipped straight but never dipped Cope. 

I measure my sordid, masochistic, insidious love affair with the bitch in decades.

How I made as far as I have I cannot tell you.  And how I've made from there to here I certainly can - Choice.  The Epiphainein event leading up this point 381 days  later came down to a simple choice.

A choice that for one reason or another I hadn't ever made - I mean really, really had never made that choice.  But I made that choice decades after I knew that I should.  But I bought the lie that came with every tin, every pack.  It told me time and time again that I never could.

Then one day, I made the easiest choice I ever had - I walked away.  As simple as that.  One moment I was dipping and the next I was not.  It wasn’t always easy, though.

Sometimes I had to run and I had to run like hell - run like my hair's on fire.  And I walked, stumbled, sprinted, jogged, dragged and crawled and clawed my way.  Kicking and screaming - dragging myself onward.  Day after God damned day, every damn day, day after day after day. 

Yet, here I am.  381 days later.  Three hundred and eighty one days since day number one.  That means something.  That’s something worth protecting. 

I'll guard my quit like I guard my balls.  Always, ALWAYS, always be on the ready for a surprise, phantom kick by the bitch of a passing flick-of-the wrist directed toward your groin. – (hands crossed over crotch, lift one foot off the ground, bend raised knee, and quarter turn away from the assailant.)  Works every fucking time.

I'm quick like that.

So, let me tell you all something besides all that sobby shit.

Ready?  No, seriously? Okay....

...being quit is awesome.  No, glorious some days in fact.  I cannot begin to tell you how much life will be better.  In every way - whatever the circumstances.  I can’t tell you.  I wish I could tell you, but I can’t.  I can’t tell you how healthy it feels, how good it feels; how good it feels to have the weight and burden of constant self-reproach cast from my once slumped shoulders.   I can focus.  Music is better.  I can breathe.  I call smile.  I can kiss. I can care now. And me telling you all these things doesn’t tell the full story.  So, I’m sorry for that.

Fuck, guys.  I'm really sorry.  I'm sorry I couldn't tell you about being quit and all.  Damn, man.

I can't tell you because you're going to have to experience it for yourselves.  "One day at a time". That’s not a slogan. That's how it’s done.  It's a choice that needs to made daily.  ODAAT

Just sayin’.

BMC 381.
628 after that...

BMC 1,009

Offline BluManChew

• Quit Pro
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2020, 07:10:10 PM »
Whelp, today marks 1,000 days.  All I can say is that 1,000 days ago I flung out that final wad of catshit and said fuck it and walked away.

Not saying it was ever easy, bc it wasn't, but it sure as hell was worth it

If you think you don't have the power to overcome that nasty addiction, think again.   What you have the power over is choice.  This isn't a matter of can not or will not, but a matter choose to or choose not to quit .

If you are a guest reading this, quitting NOW will be the best choice you can make.  It's a choice I've made every moment for the past 1,000 days.

BMC 1,000
Congrats brother on a 1k badass days.
Dude!
Thx @Athan and @Keith0617 !  One thing I didn't mention above, is that those 1,000 days are attributable to all the other quitters who have to grind it out. 

Brotherhood + Accountability = Success
Such an awesome point in time: BMC@1,000! Keep the faith brother and keep being a badass spreading the word!
Congratulations BMC!! You’re a true badass!
Congrats BMC! A comma and then some is what we’re all in here for...to not look back and enjoy what we’re getting done...you’re inspiring. Thanks.
Thx @KD2 .  PTQWYT.

Offline KD2

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 8-31-19
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2020, 10:57:44 PM »
Whelp, today marks 1,000 days.  All I can say is that 1,000 days ago I flung out that final wad of catshit and said fuck it and walked away.

If you think you don't have the power to overcome that nasty addiction, think again.   What you have the power over is choice.  This isn't a matter of can not or will not, but a matter choose to or choose not to quit .

If you are a guest reading this, quitting NOW will be the best choice you can make.  It's a choice I've made every moment for the past 1,000 days.

BMC 1,000
Dude!
Thx @Athan and @Keith0617 !  One thing I didn't mention above, is that those 1,000 days are attributable to all the other quitters who have to grind it out. 

Such an awesome point in time: BMC@1,000! Keep the faith brother and keep being a badass spreading the word!
Congrats BMC! A comma and then some is what we’re all in here for...to not look back and enjoy what we’re getting done...you’re inspiring. Thanks.

Offline ankape

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 10.25.2019
  • Likes Given: 398
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2020, 06:52:42 PM »

BMC 1,000
Dude!