Author Topic: Oct 4th, 2020  (Read 2492 times)

Offline jbuck0506

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
    • HOF Speech
  • Quit Date: 10/21/2020
  • Interests: Family, friends, football, sports, playing guitar, woodworking, hunting
  • Likes Given: 250
Re: Oct 4th, 2020
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2020, 10:04:55 AM »
So far so ok (I cant say good, lol). I still want to stop and get a can every time I drive by a convenience store. I do have some of the symptoms listed on the website, foggy, sore throat, etc.
hey @bcamps we're waiting for you in our January 2021 quit group. This is where we post our promise to ourselves and our brothers to quit nicotine TODAY. You got this, but we need each other to get through. See you there.

Offline bcamps

• Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2020, 08:57:34 AM »
So far so ok (I cant say good, lol). I still want to stop and get a can every time I drive by a convenience store. I do have some of the symptoms listed on the website, foggy, sore throat, etc.

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2020, 10:32:05 PM »
Never been on a forum before, quit dipping on Sunday so basically this week has sucked.  :)
The week of Oct. 18 thru 24 is going to be real tough, golf and fishing tournament.
Thanks for listening.
Welcome @bcamps!

You have powered through the first 3-4 days so the nicotine is now out of your system. Keep drinking a shit ton of water and exercise if you can.

Here at KTC we post a promise right away in the morning each and every day stating we will not use nicotine in ANY form. We then focus on keeping that word for the next 24 hours. Today is all we can control. Let tomorrow take care of itself.

Since you quit on Sunday, here at KTC we count that as your Day 1. So technically, today is your Day 5. Head on over to the January 2021 group and start to get involved. Share a little about yourself and get to know your fellow quitters. Share your digits with other people using the "My Messages" tool in the upper tool bar (or envelop icon if you are on mobile). Accountability is a cornerstone here. By putting your name on roll each and every morning, you are agreeing to hold your fellow quitters accountable as well as let others hold you accountable.

Proud to be quit with you TODAY!
Welcome @bcamps   I, like you, came to KTC on around my 5th day of solo quit.  Today is my 2 year anniversary of being quit, and I can tell you without the accountability KTC provides I probably would still be a slave to nicotine.

I know internet forums can seem weird or intimidating at first, but that is the other part of success that KTC brings to the table:  Brotherhood.  The man who just posted before me, MNxEngineer314, well, I text my promise not to use nicotine to him daily and without that accountability and brotherhood my quit would be in jeopardy.  I encourage you to go to https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16725.0, and start posting your daily promise not to use nicotine. 

oldschool
Jan19 The Crew

Welcome bcamps.  The studs above have given you good advice and I see you started to post.  Take this step by step.  No matter what the trigger (golf, camping, drinking) you can push through.  Think only about making to the end of the day.  You can do almost anything for just one day...including saying F you to dip.  Wake, piss, post your promise and repeat.  Stack days and slowly things will get more manageable.  Please reach out if I can be of any help.  Hold the line brother.

Offline oldschool

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 10/08/2018
  • Likes Given: 397
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2020, 01:08:00 PM »
Never been on a forum before, quit dipping on Sunday so basically this week has sucked.  :)
The week of Oct. 18 thru 24 is going to be real tough, golf and fishing tournament.
Thanks for listening.
Welcome @bcamps!

You have powered through the first 3-4 days so the nicotine is now out of your system. Keep drinking a shit ton of water and exercise if you can.

Here at KTC we post a promise right away in the morning each and every day stating we will not use nicotine in ANY form. We then focus on keeping that word for the next 24 hours. Today is all we can control. Let tomorrow take care of itself.

Since you quit on Sunday, here at KTC we count that as your Day 1. So technically, today is your Day 5. Head on over to the January 2021 group and start to get involved. Share a little about yourself and get to know your fellow quitters. Share your digits with other people using the "My Messages" tool in the upper tool bar (or envelop icon if you are on mobile). Accountability is a cornerstone here. By putting your name on roll each and every morning, you are agreeing to hold your fellow quitters accountable as well as let others hold you accountable.

Welcome @bcamps   I, like you, came to KTC on around my 5th day of solo quit.  Today is my 2 year anniversary of being quit, and I can tell you without the accountability KTC provides I probably would still be a slave to nicotine.

I know internet forums can seem weird or intimidating at first, but that is the other part of success that KTC brings to the table:  Brotherhood.  The man who just posted before me, MNxEngineer314, well, I text my promise not to use nicotine to him daily and without that accountability and brotherhood my quit would be in jeopardy.  I encourage you to go to https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16725.0, and start posting your daily promise not to use nicotine. 

oldschool
Jan19 The Crew
The only time you fail, is if you don't try

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4368
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2020, 09:46:53 AM »
Thanks for listening.
Welcome @bcamps!

Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline bcamps

• Likes Given: 0
Oct 4th, 2020
« on: October 08, 2020, 09:25:37 AM »
Thanks for listening.