Author Topic: Weekly update  (Read 797 times)

Offline jonathanrivers

• Quitter
    • jonathanrivers.com
  • Interests: Sports, stocks, sex
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Weekly update
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2012, 05:19:00 PM »
Quote from: Grizzly25
Quote from: Highway48
5 weeks down!!!

The last of the 20's kicked my ass and i was so happy to be past them... now im prepping for the next big hurdle which usually comes in the 40's.  Went out drinking over the weekend but I was with another quitter so the accountability was constantly there.  Got pretty drunk but the craves never came which was pretty monumental. 

Work has been easier but i still get that crave at 8 in the morning everyday because that was always the time of my first dip during work.  They arent as bad as they were the first week but they still hit me.

Im not getting cocky about my quit and constantly reminding myself that I am still an addict and "just one" will always lead me back to the 2 cans a day i was doing.  Keep pushing forward and it will get better day by day.
All good stuff Highway48 I was able to do the similiar drinking over the weekend and not even getting a single crave, I agree monumental!!! I will not get cocky either and I applaud you for recognizing the same thing!!!

Stay quit bro!!
Despite popular sentiment against it, I've drank since Day 1. It actually makes me prouder to be able to sit at a bar around a bunch of addicts and not even want to THINK about caving. Much less doing so.

And it's all thanks to my brothers and trusty iPhone. When I'm out, and want to chat, I log right and post. That said, drinking/quitting is not for the weak. Not being cocky, just owning my quit as it seems you are.

Keep on keepin' on Highway!
Telling that dirty whore to fuck off since 2/21/2012. You can do it too. Just stop being a pussy and do it.

jonathan's Introduction

jonathan's Hall of Fame Speech

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2012, 02:22:00 PM »
5 weeks down!!!

The last of the 20's kicked my ass and i was so happy to be past them... now im prepping for the next big hurdle which usually comes in the 40's. Went out drinking over the weekend but I was with another quitter so the accountability was constantly there. Got pretty drunk but the craves never came which was pretty monumental.

Work has been easier but i still get that crave at 8 in the morning everyday because that was always the time of my first dip during work. They arent as bad as they were the first week but they still hit me.

Im not getting cocky about my quit and constantly reminding myself that I am still an addict and "just one" will always lead me back to the 2 cans a day i was doing. Keep pushing forward and it will get better day by day.
All good stuff Highway48 I was able to do the similiar drinking over the weekend and not even getting a single crave, I agree monumental!!! I will not get cocky either and I applaud you for recognizing the same thing!!!

Stay quit bro!!
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline Highway48

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 02:15:00 PM »
5 weeks down!!!

The last of the 20's kicked my ass and i was so happy to be past them... now im prepping for the next big hurdle which usually comes in the 40's. Went out drinking over the weekend but I was with another quitter so the accountability was constantly there. Got pretty drunk but the craves never came which was pretty monumental.

Work has been easier but i still get that crave at 8 in the morning everyday because that was always the time of my first dip during work. They arent as bad as they were the first week but they still hit me.

Im not getting cocky about my quit and constantly reminding myself that I am still an addict and "just one" will always lead me back to the 2 cans a day i was doing. Keep pushing forward and it will get better day by day.
Quit: 02.06.12
HOF: 05.15.12
200: 08.23.12
300: 12.01.12
400: 03.11.13
500: 06.19.13

MY WEEKLY UPDATE

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 04:12:00 PM »
Quote from: musicluvah
Well fuck me sideways... Week four is in the books and by god it was a BEOTCH!!!! 'bang head'

20's are for real... I was constantly angry, everything was getting on my nerves and had no other outlet except to get on here... and even that was starting to piss me off.  that was why i was sort of mute on here the past couple of days, just reading and no posting.   'bang head'

Still need to get up to the gym and join up, i think i am up 20 pounds in my first 30 days of quit... its pretty ridiculious.  My hour of volleyball and 2 hours of basketball a week just isnt cutting it. 'bang head'

I would really like to punch someone in the face right now just to get some of this aggression out... and of course that little nic bitch is whispering in my ear to go ahead and have one because you were never this angry when you were dipping.  but if i think about it, the same things that are pissing my off now were pissing me off then too, just wasnt magnified like it is right now. 'bang head'

Oh well onward and upward, onto the 30's and some more quittin 'na na'
Great stuff Highway!!!

I am just getting to my 30's and some really good days and well some really crazy raging days......

Stay quit and you know the drill never Cave!!!!!!
Where is the LIKE button around here? 'clap'
ive been wondering the same thing... would make things alot easier
Keep working it one day at a time. She is pissed because she knows your are serious about your quit. If you choose to win you will win and she can only loose. YOU are the only one that has the choice.

Bring it!

Offline Highway48

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 04:03:00 PM »
Quote from: musicluvah
Well fuck me sideways... Week four is in the books and by god it was a BEOTCH!!!! 'bang head'

20's are for real... I was constantly angry, everything was getting on my nerves and had no other outlet except to get on here... and even that was starting to piss me off.  that was why i was sort of mute on here the past couple of days, just reading and no posting.   'bang head'

Still need to get up to the gym and join up, i think i am up 20 pounds in my first 30 days of quit... its pretty ridiculious.  My hour of volleyball and 2 hours of basketball a week just isnt cutting it. 'bang head'

I would really like to punch someone in the face right now just to get some of this aggression out... and of course that little nic bitch is whispering in my ear to go ahead and have one because you were never this angry when you were dipping.  but if i think about it, the same things that are pissing my off now were pissing me off then too, just wasnt magnified like it is right now. 'bang head'

Great stuff Highway!!!

I am just getting to my 30's and some really good days and well some really crazy raging days......

ive been wondering the same thing... would make things alot easier

MY WEEKLY UPDATE

Offline musicluvah

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: MY GRANDSON... update - GRANDCHILDREN! Fishing, Hunting, Camping, Kayaking, Travelling, Guitar, Music, Woodworking, Cooking, Grilling, Smoking (food), Sex, Gardening, History, Reading... MEETING OTHER QUITTERS!!!
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 03:29:00 PM »

20's are for real... I was constantly angry, everything was getting on my nerves and had no other outlet except to get on here... and even that was starting to piss me off.  that was why i was sort of mute on here the past couple of days, just reading and no posting.  'bang head'

Great stuff Highway!!!

Quit~7/17/06   -   HOF~10/24/06

I believe we have two lives... The life we learn with and the life we live with after that. ~ The Natural

"...and be you not conformed to the synthesization and bagginess and spandexity and androgyny and MTVness of the 80s, but be you transformed by the renewing of your mind through the music and movies and television and culture of the grooviness that is the 60s and 70s so that you may prove that which is good and acceptable and perfectly listenable and watchable and wearable...." 1 Bohemians 19:67

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
  • Howdy, I'm Miles and I'm Quit
  • Quit Date: 3/7/2011
  • Interests: My kids, Quitting, Hunting, fishing, motorcycles, MTB, football, racing, baseball, guitar, family, running, Clint Eastwood, Cold Beer, Floating down the river, camping. Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Falcons, Houston Oilers (RIP - Love Ya Blue!)"]["{{}}{{}}][_
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 02:01:00 PM »
Rage on!

Try not to kill anyone. Some days it's easier said than done ;)
I quit with with you all!

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 01:53:00 PM »

20's are for real... I was constantly angry, everything was getting on my nerves and had no other outlet except to get on here... and even that was starting to piss me off. that was why i was sort of mute on here the past couple of days, just reading and no posting. 'bang head'

Still need to get up to the gym and join up, i think i am up 20 pounds in my first 30 days of quit... its pretty ridiculious. My hour of volleyball and 2 hours of basketball a week just isnt cutting it. 'bang head'

I would really like to punch someone in the face right now just to get some of this aggression out... and of course that little nic bitch is whispering in my ear to go ahead and have one because you were never this angry when you were dipping. but if i think about it, the same things that are pissing my off now were pissing me off then too, just wasnt magnified like it is right now. 'bang head'

Great stuff Highway!!!

"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline Highway48

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 01:40:00 PM »

20's are for real... I was constantly angry, everything was getting on my nerves and had no other outlet except to get on here... and even that was starting to piss me off. that was why i was sort of mute on here the past couple of days, just reading and no posting. 'bang head'

Still need to get up to the gym and join up, i think i am up 20 pounds in my first 30 days of quit... its pretty ridiculious. My hour of volleyball and 2 hours of basketball a week just isnt cutting it. 'bang head'

I would really like to punch someone in the face right now just to get some of this aggression out... and of course that little nic bitch is whispering in my ear to go ahead and have one because you were never this angry when you were dipping. but if i think about it, the same things that are pissing my off now were pissing me off then too, just wasnt magnified like it is right now. 'bang head'

MY WEEKLY UPDATE

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2012, 02:50:00 PM »
Week 3 is in the books and getting stronger day by day...

Drank for the first time since i starting my quit but was smart about it and stayed at home with the wife so that there was no temptation to go out and throw a fatty in... gonna continue to limit my drinking and only do it at home for a little while longer.
Every day has been more eye opening than the last, expecially those bad days at work when there is trigger after trigger. but its not like the my last quit cause there was never any thought to running out and getting a can. My mindset now is that dipping is no longer an option. I can see some errors in my last quit more clearly now. i was so immature and stupid back then that i didnt realize that it was life or death, mostly because i saw so many on here that had dipped for so much longer than i had and nothing had happened to them. i had justified picking up the habit again because in mind young mind i had thought that i had so many years of dipping that i would be missing out on if i had kept up my quit. the nic bitch did her damage.
Anyways back to my week, stress at work and at home definitely triggered some craves but the craves arent as bad as they were in the first two weeks. things are definitely getting better but keeping up my gaurd. dont want to fall into the trap of thinking that i can quit anytime.
I'm sleeping better and the energy i have now is great. dont need that afternoon nap anymore just to get through the rest of the day which is helping at night. Plus its really nice to not have to plan my day around when i can get that next fix.
Still having some anger issues and a short fuse around the wife which i am working on, but she has been amazing and understanding that this is what it is going to take for a while. thinking about going to sign up at a gym this week so i can get rid of some of the negative energy.
Good job, Highway!

You're right about keeping up your guard. One of the characteristics of a mature/solid quitter is that he realizes that the fight is forever and the moment he lets down his guard he loses!

Keep strong and keep alert!

Offline Highway48

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 02:43:00 PM »
Week 3 is in the books and getting stronger day by day...

Drank for the first time since i starting my quit but was smart about it and stayed at home with the wife so that there was no temptation to go out and throw a fatty in... gonna continue to limit my drinking and only do it at home for a little while longer.
Every day has been more eye opening than the last, expecially those bad days at work when there is trigger after trigger. but its not like the my last quit cause there was never any thought to running out and getting a can. My mindset now is that dipping is no longer an option. I can see some errors in my last quit more clearly now. i was so immature and stupid back then that i didnt realize that it was life or death, mostly because i saw so many on here that had dipped for so much longer than i had and nothing had happened to them. i had justified picking up the habit again because in mind young mind i had thought that i had so many years of dipping that i would be missing out on if i had kept up my quit. the nic bitch did her damage.
Anyways back to my week, stress at work and at home definitely triggered some craves but the craves arent as bad as they were in the first two weeks. things are definitely getting better but keeping up my gaurd. dont want to fall into the trap of thinking that i can quit anytime.
I'm sleeping better and the energy i have now is great. dont need that afternoon nap anymore just to get through the rest of the day which is helping at night. Plus its really nice to not have to plan my day around when i can get that next fix.
Still having some anger issues and a short fuse around the wife which i am working on, but she has been amazing and understanding that this is what it is going to take for a while. thinking about going to sign up at a gym this week so i can get rid of some of the negative energy.

MY WEEKLY UPDATE

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 09:26:00 PM »
These are all wins Highway. Good for you bro. You fought through a crave and have a plan if shit gets crazy. You follow that plan. That's how easy it is. If you follow a plan, you will not be fighting a crave alone. Anyone of us would pick up a stick to poke the nic bitch in the eye for ya.

Offline Highway48

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 11:52:00 AM »
Day 8 kicked my ass but pushed through with eating everything in site. the guys at work have been very supportive and the driver always asks me what day im on when i see him first thing in the morning. 9,10,11,12 werent much to speak of, a crave here and there but nothing like day 13 was. it seemed like every 15 minutes that little whore was whispering in my ear. even had my first dip dream during my nap in the afternoon. luckily i was without a car and in the middle of the country so nothing was in walking distance. otherwise i would have been blowing up some of you alls phone. that was probably the most real it has gotten so far. day 14 was rough too but only during the first half of the day... i think the other thing irking me is the no drinking. cant remember the last time i went 16 days without even a sip of alcohol since i turned 21. it has definitely been rough but i feel 110% better every day. i have more energy, my circulation has returned to my feet (my wife always complained that i had ice feet), and i can wear my contacts again with little to no discomfort cause i am no longer dehydrated from spitting so much.

MY WEEKLY UPDATE

Offline Highway48

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 10:31:00 AM »
Quote from: klark
so day 7 suck a left nut and it seems that day 8 is picking up right where the 7th left off...  Everything in the world is pissing me off be it my wife, dogs, traffic, the waitress at ihop, the crazy bitch on tv right now, to the friend that wont text me back.... UGGGHHHHHHH

i was waiting for these days to come because days 1-6 werent that bad... guess im getting some payback right now... need to remember these days for later in my quit when i start to get bored.

that is all for now...
Will that be enough considering you have been down this road before? Maybe you should think about a plan for when those days come instead of wondering if today's pain is enough to keep you quit.
im not going through this again...
Not sure that's a plan, a plan would be when it gets tough how will I handle it. Who will I call to help me fight through? What can you do to keep triggers from becoming problems? I don't know any addict who can always say "I am not going through this again" and have it always work.
i was posting in here to keep a sort of weekly blog for me to look back at... which is part of my plan, which has already been laid out in my quit group

MY WEEKLY UPDATE

Offline klark

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/22/2009
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 10:29:00 AM »
so day 7 suck a left nut and it seems that day 8 is picking up right where the 7th left off...  Everything in the world is pissing me off be it my wife, dogs, traffic, the waitress at ihop, the crazy bitch on tv right now, to the friend that wont text me back.... UGGGHHHHHHH

i was waiting for these days to come because days 1-6 werent that bad... guess im getting some payback right now... need to remember these days for later in my quit when i start to get bored.

that is all for now...
Will that be enough considering you have been down this road before? Maybe you should think about a plan for when those days come instead of wondering if today's pain is enough to keep you quit.
im not going through this again...
Not sure that's a plan, a plan would be when it gets tough how will I handle it. Who will I call to help me fight through? What can you do to keep triggers from becoming problems? I don't know any addict who can always say "I am not going through this again" and have it always work.
A promise not kept is the road to exile.

If quitting is cool, consider me Myles Davis.

Unless you bring value onto my 1/2 acre, I don't want to hear it.