Author Topic: Welcome from NY  (Read 490 times)

Offline Clampy

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 3/5/10
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Welcome from NY
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 10:19:00 PM »
Quote from: FlyGuy91
BTW Clampy, where are you located? and what do you like to fish for? and this whole roll thing is confusing the shit out of me
Hey FlyGuy,

What Greg5280 said......

I live in Downingtown, PA. Done all of my Steelhead fishing out West (Oregon and California where I grew up). Where I live now its mostly nymph fishing for small rainbows. I like pheasant tails alot (always have) RS2 flys are also effective. Haven't fished steelhead in about 2 years but I have the flys!! Used my spey rod for summer steelhead bunch of times on the Descutes in OR, but I don't have a heavy enough rod for winter steelhead.. might "invest" in a TT next year though. My wife went to UofR and said that Sal's Birdland is awesome. See you on roll Bro!

-Clampy
June 2010 Honey Badgers

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 10:05:00 PM »
Fly,

Go here to post your promise:

Feb 2011

Make sure you read all of this:

Welcome Center

Sing out if you need help.
Stay quit
Greg

Offline FlyGuy91

• Interests: Fly FishingFly TyingHuntingEnginesComputersGirls!Trap ShootingMotorcycles
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 10:03:00 PM »
BTW Clampy, where are you located? and what do you like to fish for? and this whole roll thing is confusing the shit out of me
Quit Date: November 17th 2010
Quittin is hard, knowing your healthy and friends and family are happy is easy.

Offline FlyGuy91

• Interests: Fly FishingFly TyingHuntingEnginesComputersGirls!Trap ShootingMotorcycles
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 09:59:00 PM »
thanks guys, i already feel at home! im going to the February thing a ma bob right now.

Offline Clampy

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 3/5/10
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 09:31:00 PM »
Hi Sean,

Glad you found KTC!!! I am Incredibly encouraged by what you posted.

"i need to stop, i want to stop, and honestly i am doing this for me not for anyone else at this point..."

You are "there" brother. Quit this shit before you've wasted over $28,000 (and risked a slow, painful death) on this fucking addiction like I did.

It won't be easy but I know you can do it! Dump your can and head over to February 2011 and post roll!!!!!

Roll is your promise to yourself and your quit brothers and sisters that you will not use nicotine that day. You can quit chew for 1 little day can't you?? We quit one day at a time around here and I know you are ready to quit this shit.

You CAN do this!! We are here to help.

P.S. I love fly fishing and tie my own flies. I never imagined I would be able to tie a freight train, hares ear, pheasant tail, etc., without a dip but they catch fish just fine!!!
June 2010 Honey Badgers

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 09:22:00 PM »
Great choice!!! I just wish I could go back and stop myself at your age. My dipping started in HS too, then continued for the next 20 years before I was as smart as you. This is the best decision of your life...saving your own life!!!

Post roll, keep your word, repeat...it is that simple. If you don't know how, just ask. One of the moderators will PM you instructions.

Congrats!!!

Offline FlyGuy91

Welcome from NY
« on: November 17, 2010, 08:33:00 PM »
Hey guys and gals, my name is Sean and i am from Hamlin NY and going to college in Rochester NY. i have many interests such as Fly fishing hence the name, and also fly tying. i am an avid angler at 19 years old and have been fishing since i could walk and hold a zebco. anyway i am here because i have took the plunge into quitting this fucking nasty habit. i have been chewing for about 3 years, and i have never smoked a day in my life. i fear cancer so much its always on my mind, and its driving me insane. everything that i feel in my mouth always makes my heart sink into thinking its cancer even though there's nothing there. i have been a ritual user of Skoal and Copenhagen. I chewED skoal mint, and Copenhagen wintergreen or the "gold in a can". for about the first year i chewed very little maybe once every month or 2, but the seccond year is when a lot of kids in my high school started doing it so i was doign it much more, especially on the weekends when i would fish. so i was chewing about once a day, and on the weekends about 3 times a day, a can would last about a week. but since college has started and i am living in the dorms, i have much more free time and no parents because they have no idea i chewED. and i go through about a can every other day and i have been in college for about 2 or 3 months. anyway this is where most of the chewing has been done, and i can see visually how my mouth changes from week to week. and honestly i dont like it, its not bad by any means but its gotten fucking ridiculous. i need to stop, i want to stop, and honestly i am doing this for me not for anyone else at this point, i could give a fuck what people think about dip, it has made me calm, and centered, but at a cost, my health. i recently bought 2 cans of smokey mountain non tobacco crap, and it tastes terrible, but its better than cancer any day. so i am intermintently useing it to curb cravings, i have had a pervious break from dip, but i guess thats why its called a break because it didnt last long, i made it about 2 months, anyway my best friend dipps so im trying to get him on the band wagon of quittin so itll make it easier on both of us. ill quit talking but im trying to be straight, and i have been looking at pictures of cancer and honestly it scares the living shti out of me. sorry for the language its who i am, if need be i can censor my self, but in certain situations i think it can convery an idea clearly.
much love
healthy jaw
sean the flyguy 'bang head'