Author Topic: Well Here Goes Something  (Read 2440 times)

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2042
Re: Well Here Goes Something
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2016, 01:27:00 AM »
Quote from: jack_smiff1
Quote from: pab1964
3 more days 'Remshot'
Hey smiff, smile my friend you're doing something millions can't! Quitting! I'm damn proud of my little young friend! Quit on you badass!
Thanks pab, you the man!!
Smiff
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline jack_smiff1

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/3/2020
  • Interests: Lacrosse
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2016, 11:42:00 PM »
3 more days 'Remshot'
Hey smiff, smile my friend you're doing something millions can't! Quitting! I'm damn proud of my little young friend! Quit on you badass!
Thanks pab, you the man!!
Chewing tobacco number one cause for ugliness.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2016, 05:24:00 PM »
3 more days 'Remshot'
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline jack_smiff1

• Quitter
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2016, 12:01:00 PM »
3 more days 'Remshot'

Offline jack_smiff1

• Quitter
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2016, 10:42:00 AM »
Quote from: Nomore1959
So here we are at day 96, its hard to say if i really feel better than the first day i quit. It was probably worse, but what i wake up and face everyday has becoming to weigh heavy on my back. Mental health is no joke and i continually crave that normality that used to come with my life. While i stumble to the HOF still quit and still striving i find myself just missing what my life used to be like. Hopefully it goes away soon, theres been a lot of tension in my house the last couple of months and it a much needed relief in my life and my family is around the corner i'm hoping.

-Smiff
Jack, the time around Hall of Fame was rough for me as well. When people with lots of +1s say 100 days is not cured, that is what they mean. You will begin to have better days, but it is a bit of a roller coaster for a while and it does get better. Just remember you are winning versus a powerful opponent in nicotine -- every morning you post roll is a win.
Appreciate the words, just taking it one day at a time. Quit on brother

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Likes Given: 329
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2016, 05:59:00 AM »
So here we are at day 96, its hard to say if i really feel better than the first day i quit. It was probably worse, but what i wake up and face everyday has becoming to weigh heavy on my back. Mental health is no joke and i continually crave that normality that used to come with my life. While i stumble to the HOF still quit and still striving i find myself just missing what my life used to be like. Hopefully it goes away soon, theres been a lot of tension in my house the last couple of months and it a much needed relief in my life and my family is around the corner i'm hoping.

-Smiff
Jack, the time around Hall of Fame was rough for me as well. When people with lots of +1s say 100 days is not cured, that is what they mean. You will begin to have better days, but it is a bit of a roller coaster for a while and it does get better. Just remember you are winning versus a powerful opponent in nicotine -- every morning you post roll is a win.

Offline jack_smiff1

• Quitter
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2016, 12:40:00 AM »

-Smiff

Offline jack_smiff1

• Quitter
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2015, 09:59:00 PM »
Quote from: KingNothing
Quote from: Stranger999
I find myself now in the mid 80s, really starting to find myself as a person. This quit and these mental problems I'm having are really shaping myself as a person. To appreciate health and my family, to put myself forward and better myself as a whole. I needed to recognize the small goals and victories. While battling this depression and anxiety has made it that much more difficult in my quit, I know it'll make me that much stronger as an adult and human. I'm starting to set my mindset for greatness, and I want nothing satisfaction when I do achieve what I want. I know tomorrow I may wake up not feeling this feeling, but I know right now at this moment i'll allow this victory. This less than 20 days from HOF, I'm a better person I was 84 days ago.

-Smiff
I'm really looking forward to celebrating the HOF with all of you D.O.G. folks. I got to help a few of you guys when I was struggling myself. It really helped my quit. The truth is that all of us here need support, so we should all be supporting as many people as we can.

Maintain a strong web of support here Smiff. Day 100 will be awesome but that is just a milestone on the journey. B)B
Thank you brother I appreciate it! Got your back always!
You've come a long way Smiff. You came in sarcastic and ready to buck the trends laid out for you. Eventually, it became evident to you that this quit thing was more than another stop on the internet for you every day. What hasn't changed is your desire to quit, and it's evident in your posts. Maintain that desire. Feed it. Water it. Shape it. Your very own quit chia pet if you will. Whether you know it or not, you are a leader in there. Keep it up, there are many more good things to come.

Edit: You're still a sarcastic whippersnapper, but at least you're putting it to good use now 'na na'
Thanks king you the man! And sarcasm is just another form of intelligence!
Hey Jack no problem my friend, you got this! Use the tool's! One pm away, Edd 24-7!
Thanks pab you the man!

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2015, 11:47:00 AM »
I find myself now in the mid 80s, really starting to find myself as a person. This quit and these mental problems I'm having are really shaping myself as a person. To appreciate health and my family, to put myself forward and better myself as a whole. I needed to recognize the small goals and victories. While battling this depression and anxiety has made it that much more difficult in my quit, I know it'll make me that much stronger as an adult and human. I'm starting to set my mindset for greatness, and I want nothing satisfaction when I do achieve what I want. I know tomorrow I may wake up not feeling this feeling, but I know right now at this moment i'll allow this victory. This less than 20 days from HOF, I'm a better person I was 84 days ago.

-Smiff
I'm really looking forward to celebrating the HOF with all of you D.O.G. folks. I got to help a few of you guys when I was struggling myself. It really helped my quit. The truth is that all of us here need support, so we should all be supporting as many people as we can.

Maintain a strong web of support here Smiff. Day 100 will be awesome but that is just a milestone on the journey. B)B
You've come a long way Smiff. You came in sarcastic and ready to buck the trends laid out for you. Eventually, it became evident to you that this quit thing was more than another stop on the internet for you every day. What hasn't changed is your desire to quit, and it's evident in your posts. Maintain that desire. Feed it. Water it. Shape it. Your very own quit chia pet if you will. Whether you know it or not, you are a leader in there. Keep it up, there are many more good things to come.

Edit: You're still a sarcastic whippersnapper, but at least you're putting it to good use now 'na na'
Hey Jack no problem my friend, you got this! Use the tool's! One pm away, Edd 24-7!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline jack_smiff1

• Quitter
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2015, 11:25:00 AM »

-Smiff

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2015, 10:48:00 AM »

-Smiff

"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline jack_smiff1

• Quitter
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2015, 12:15:00 AM »

-Smiff

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 245
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2015, 12:11:00 AM »

-Smiff

Offline jack_smiff1

• Quitter
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2015, 11:45:00 PM »

-Smiff

Offline jack_smiff1

• Quitter
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2015, 12:01:00 AM »
well guys turns out im most likely gonna 3 point this semester with the right push and pull from my classes. Quits going good, not as foggy, but all the other stuff is still there. Can't wait 'till its over, but man I wish it was worse! Embracing the suck and fuck you nic!
When I was in college 3 points was good! At least I think it was - I was pretty wasted in college... :unsure:
Haha it is good! Not great but I'll take it after I mustered up the last minute pick ups
Hang in there jack your quit and college have a lot in common, the rest of your life is riding on them both! Quit on! You're a good kid and I like what your doing, taking control of your life at such a young age,very unusual especially these days.
thank you so much pab!!
I can't echo Pab enough here Smiff. College was when I put my feet into the cement of nicotine addiction. You are doing something right now that I wasn't strong enough to do when I was your age. Stay with it and you won't have the same regrets that I do tonight.

I'm proud to quit with you today!
Thank you so much brother! Need the support and love it!!