Author Topic: Day 2  (Read 27233 times)

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
Re: Day 2
« Reply #118 on: November 07, 2020, 09:28:54 PM »
Well Day 403, I have not posted in my intro in a while and figured I would post today...................

Monday I went in for a Prostate biopsy and was told yesterday I have Prostate Cancer.  I am told it is treatable through surgery and radiation. So I will fight my way through this just like I have with Nicotine addiction. 

I will add that I do believe this is self inflicted through Nicotine use.  Some will argue that fact, but I will blame it on tobacco use.  There is absolutely no history in my family of prostate cancer.  So staying quit is the best thing you can do in your life.

We are with you brother.  Hold the line!

Offline famous205

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 11/2/20
  • Interests: Golf, World of Warcraft, Coding
  • Likes Given: 60
« Reply #117 on: November 06, 2020, 09:10:40 PM »
Well Day 403, I have not posted in my intro in a while and figured I would post today...................

Monday I went in for a Prostate biopsy and was told yesterday I have Prostate Cancer.  I am told it is treatable through surgery and radiation. So I will fight my way through this just like I have with Nicotine addiction. 

I will add that I do believe this is self inflicted through Nicotine use.  Some will argue that fact, but I will blame it on tobacco use.  There is absolutely no history in my family of prostate cancer.  So staying quit is the best thing you can do in your life.

I’m sorry to hear that, man. I’m glad they were able to catch it early and I pray for a speedy recovery.

Offline Aggies94

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 278
« Reply #116 on: November 06, 2020, 08:36:36 PM »

Sending prayers!
It ain't dying I'm talking about, it's living!

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #115 on: November 06, 2020, 05:15:32 PM »

Sorry to hear this brother.  It's great that they caught it early enough to be confident in treatment though
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline jsjohnson

• CrusherOfSeeds
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Hall Of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Date: 10/01/2019
  • Interests: Quiting, Motorcycles, Fishing, Cooking and BBQ
  • Likes Given: 300
« Reply #114 on: November 06, 2020, 04:52:30 PM »

Wildirish intro https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=805.msg125916#msg125916

"So if any of you still have friends dippin tell them this if you dont have what it takes to quit nicotine you are gonna be TOO big of a pussy for chemo."  -Todd Garcia (Traumagnet)

My HOF Speech

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
« Reply #113 on: September 16, 2020, 03:41:45 PM »
coming up on a year.....2020 sucks major ass.  Depression sucks..but for the wife to ask ..where you going?....to get a can of snuff? After a year...still quit...not sure how tobacco would help with my depression other than make it worse.  This sucks.
1 problem + nicotine = 2 problems. Call me if you get tight.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline jsjohnson

• CrusherOfSeeds
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Hall Of Fame Conductor
« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2020, 09:20:26 AM »
coming up on a year.....2020 sucks major ass.  Depression sucks..but for the wife to ask ..where you going?....to get a can of snuff? After a year...still quit...not sure how tobacco would help with my depression other than make it worse.  This sucks.

"So if any of you still have friends dippin tell them this if you dont have what it takes to quit nicotine you are gonna be TOO big of a pussy for chemo."  -Todd Garcia (Traumagnet)

My HOF Speech

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2020, 05:55:21 PM »
142    Second dip dream....I woke up with a dip in my mouth, first thing i asked myself was why?  Why the fuck would I do this, I dont even want it.  Then it dawned on me I have let all these people and myself down...what the fuck.  Then I was like ohhhhh nooo my people at KTC are gonna fucking kill me.  Then I really woke up.  Wheewww a dream.  I have read on here somewhere that these dreams are because the Nic bitch cant get you while you are awake, so that bitch will now attack your subconscious while you are sleeping.  Proud to be quit with you today!
@jsjohnson  They do SUCK!!!
Two?! You've only had TWO?!!!

I FUCKIN HATEEEEE DIP DREAMS, it’s the most sinking feeling in the world. I had one literally last night as well, I remember finding a can in my dream and I was like oh just a tiny pinch won’t do anything. After I put it in in my dream I was like FUCK MY BROS AT KTC ARE GUNA EAT ME ALIVE, i actually aggressively dug that shit out of my cheek and threw it as hard as I could in my dream haha
#smfpackscodeAthan
Jinxed me I had another that woke me up at 6am (I work evening shift) This one for some reason I was sitting in my truck I think waiting for my wife to get out of a store and I saw her walking to the parking lot and I was like holy shit I have a dip in, and I look down and there is an open can of copenhagen.  (which is weird cause i had not dipped cope in 15 years) I was scrambling to hide the can and spit out the fat nasty before my wife got in the truck.  She didnt notice anything, then I felt like shit because I was hiding it (I never ever hid dipping, my attitude was you dealt with it or just dont be around me).  Then again I was like my people at KTC are gonna kill me.  Then I woke up.  I sure hope this is not gonna go on every night, it is discouraging to go to bed now.
/As bad as they are, few things cement the quit like a vivid dream. The sense of disappointment, the shame, etc. I don't EVER want to be there.
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline jsjohnson

• CrusherOfSeeds
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Hall Of Fame Conductor
« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2020, 03:34:15 PM »
142    Second dip dream....I woke up with a dip in my mouth, first thing i asked myself was why?  Why the fuck would I do this, I dont even want it.  Then it dawned on me I have let all these people and myself down...what the fuck.  Then I was like ohhhhh nooo my people at KTC are gonna fucking kill me.  Then I really woke up.  Wheewww a dream.  I have read on here somewhere that these dreams are because the Nic bitch cant get you while you are awake, so that bitch will now attack your subconscious while you are sleeping.  Proud to be quit with you today!

I FUCKIN HATEEEEE DIP DREAMS, it’s the most sinking feeling in the world. I had one literally last night as well, I remember finding a can in my dream and I was like oh just a tiny pinch won’t do anything. After I put it in in my dream I was like FUCK MY BROS AT KTC ARE GUNA EAT ME ALIVE, i actually aggressively dug that shit out of my cheek and threw it as hard as I could in my dream haha
#smfpackscodeAthan
Jinxed me I had another that woke me up at 6am (I work evening shift) This one for some reason I was sitting in my truck I think waiting for my wife to get out of a store and I saw her walking to the parking lot and I was like holy shit I have a dip in, and I look down and there is an open can of copenhagen.  (which is weird cause i had not dipped cope in 15 years) I was scrambling to hide the can and spit out the fat nasty before my wife got in the truck.  She didnt notice anything, then I felt like shit because I was hiding it (I never ever hid dipping, my attitude was you dealt with it or just dont be around me).  Then again I was like my people at KTC are gonna kill me.  Then I woke up.  I sure hope this is not gonna go on every night, it is discouraging to go to bed now. 

My HOF Speech

Offline Daviddim

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2020-02-05
  • Likes Given: 204
« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2020, 12:29:21 PM »

Daviddim

"The mentality and behavior of drug addicts and alcoholics is wholly irrational until you understand that they are completely powerless over their addiction and unless they have structured help, they have no hope."

"One more is right back where you were, and where you were was desparately wishing you were where you are now"

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #108 on: February 19, 2020, 06:52:04 PM »

« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 08:39:05 PM by copequits »

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1858
« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2020, 12:18:47 PM »
Jan19

Offline jsjohnson

• CrusherOfSeeds
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Hall Of Fame Conductor
« Reply #106 on: February 19, 2020, 11:38:19 AM »

My HOF Speech

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1858
« Reply #105 on: January 21, 2020, 08:17:53 PM »
113  Well it has been a bit since I have been back here to my intro.  I been on the train partying it up with my people.  Every day does get better without nicotine.  I still believe that this site and the people in it help a lot of people stay quit, if you use it for that.  Unfortunately some just don't get it. 

On another note, I would like to know what the number of kills that @chris2alaska has.  I mean if you read the HOF speeches he is in a lot of them in directing people to the forum.  This guy has had to kill a shit ton of cans for the people he brought to the forum.  I personally believe he and @Keith0617 are working in tandem, because when I stumbled in here ..within minutes @chris2alaska had me posting roll and @Keith0617 was following up a couple of hours later with a phone call.  So I wanna know how many cans you both have been killing.  Yall might want to be careful,
Big Tobacco may attempt to put a bounty on both of yall lol.  Seriously thanks for what yall do.

I personally have killed 2,203.75 tins since I quit @jsjohnson

You are killing it @jsjohnson. Keep doing what you are doing. 
Jan19

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #104 on: January 21, 2020, 07:21:41 PM »
113  Well it has been a bit since I have been back here to my intro.  I been on the train partying it up with my people.  Every day does get better without nicotine.  I still believe that this site and the people in it help a lot of people stay quit, if you use it for that.  Unfortunately some just don't get it. 

On another note, I would like to know what the number of kills that @chris2alaska has.  I mean if you read the HOF speeches he is in a lot of them in directing people to the forum.  This guy has had to kill a shit ton of cans for the people he brought to the forum.  I personally believe he and @Keith0617 are working in tandem, because when I stumbled in here ..within minutes @chris2alaska had me posting roll and @Keith0617 was following up a couple of hours later with a phone call.  So I wanna know how many cans you both have been killing.  Yall might want to be careful,
Big Tobacco may attempt to put a bounty on both of yall lol.  Seriously thanks for what yall do.

I personally have killed 2,203.75 tins since I quit @jsjohnson
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024