Author Topic: ARMY soldier quitting dip  (Read 3333 times)

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
Re: ARMY soldier quitting dip
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2020, 04:45:04 PM »
I’m not going to post all the time but I appreciate the support. Still dip free fellas, can’t seem to shake the sleeplessness and sore throat.
If you wish to quit solo, good luck but do it some where else. That's not how we roll here.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline kerooney

• Likes Given: 1
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2020, 02:53:31 AM »
I’m not going to post all the time but I appreciate the support. Still dip free fellas, can’t seem to shake the sleeplessness and sore throat.

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2020, 08:48:10 PM »
Day 4...feeling good and not looking back.
Sent you a pm 3 days ago. Haven't heard back from you. You serious about quitting?
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2020, 05:51:16 PM »
Glad to have you on board my brother.

Unfortunately, I don't see any sign that he is on board. I don't think he's willing to commit to the accountability we practice here. He needs an easy out in case it doesn't work out. He'll make it sound like he's a tough guy going solo but it's his weakness that abhors accountability.

The worst thing for a nic addict is to go solo because our brains are as infected as our bodies and we'll always find some dumb excuse to cave. A nic addict being accountable to himself is like putting a wolf in charge of the henhouse. Good luck to him.

If he is a rare one who changes his tune, I will gladly be wrong.

All we can do is reach out and try. I did not join until 78 days in thinking I could do it alone. If somebody posts like that we should just respond. If they string us along then so be it. At least they joined and are aware of what is offered. I also hope he changes his tune and gets serious and posts. Its on him now, @kerooney whats it going to be?

Offline Zeus

• Quitman
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 03-08-2017
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2020, 01:33:02 PM »
Glad to have you on board my brother.

Unfortunately, I don't see any sign that he is on board. I don't think he's willing to commit to the accountability we practice here. He needs an easy out in case it doesn't work out. He'll make it sound like he's a tough guy going solo but it's his weakness that abhors accountability.

The worst thing for a nic addict is to go solo because our brains are as infected as our bodies and we'll always find some dumb excuse to cave. A nic addict being accountable to himself is like putting a wolf in charge of the henhouse. Good luck to him.

If he is a rare one who changes his tune, I will gladly be wrong.
June 2017 Quit Mafia

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2020, 09:06:51 AM »
@kerooney  Go look at my first post below. I included the link to the roll page you would be on, October 2020. Click on quote on the post that shows todays date and the milestones. You will see where people have posted all ready. It will open a new page with a box in the middle. Scroll to almost the bottom of box where it says new quitters post here. Put your name, days quit and a promise. Most people start out with NNT or No Nicotine Today. Then hit post on the page. I always let page reload then scroll to make sure my post is there. If you screw up thats ok as somebody will fix it and let you a note. You will get it eventually as it took me a few tries. Need more help let me know as my digits are only a pm away. Glad to have you on board my brother.

Offline kerooney

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2020, 08:15:45 AM »
Btw what’s Roll?

Offline kerooney

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2020, 08:14:40 AM »
Day 4...feeling good and not looking back.

Offline Zeus

• Quitman
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 03-08-2017
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2020, 08:36:05 PM »
... it gives me hope...
Hope is worthless when it comes to quitting. It's totally up to you, man. You can quit and you will quit if you want to. If you don't want to, hit the road and don't bring your weak shit around here. Prove yourself every day. What this site is designed to do is keep you accountable to your own decision because we know the addict mind likes to find any way out. Make your promise to us and yourself every day. Keep your word or you're just another addict junkie with hope and maybe one day a missing jaw. Lots of good hope does then. Quit now...post your promise on roll call now...not tomorrow.
June 2017 Quit Mafia

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2001
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2020, 11:01:30 AM »
I see that nobody really called this cat out for one MAJOR flaw in his post yesterday...

“tomorrow is my quit day”

What do you bet that tomorrow is his quit day, today?

Quitting now is the only way this works.
C’mon, man... do this.
@kerooney why are you not on roll? Guess the idea of quitting sounds better than actually quitting. Take your life back. Quit nicotine one day at a time, post roll, make connections with other quitters. You can do this.
Jan19

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2020, 09:33:40 AM »
I see that nobody really called this cat out for one MAJOR flaw in his post yesterday...

“tomorrow is my quit day”

What do you bet that tomorrow is his quit day, today?

Quitting now is the only way this works.
C’mon, man... do this.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline FLLipOut

• Master of Quit
  • Lady Arsonist
  • Quit Date: 07/22/16
  • Likes Given: 2555
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 09:46:56 PM »
Welcome to KTC @kerooney  !  Get your name, day count and promise on roll and let's get this quit going!  First day of freedom and the rest of your life without being a slave to this addiction!!!
Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.
"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" - Samwise Gamgee
HOF: 10.29.16 | FL 2: 02.06.17 | FL 3: 05.17.17 | Y1: 07.22.17 | FL 4: 08.25.17 | FL 5: 12.03.17 | FL 6: 03.13.18 | FL 7: 06.21.18 | Y2: 07.22.18 | FL 8: 09.29.18 | FL 9: 01.07.19 | COMMA , : 04.17.19 | Y3: 07.22.19 | FL 11: 07.26.19 | FL 12: 11.03.19 | FL 13: 02.11.20 | FL 14: 05.21.20 | Y4: 07.22.20 | FL 15: 08.29.20  | FL 16: 12.07.20 | FL 17: 03.17.21 | FL 18: 06.25.21 | Y5: 07.22.21 | FL 19: 06.25.21 | FL 20 ,, : 01.11.22 | FL 21: 04.21.22 | Y6: 07.22.22 | FL 22: 07.30.22 | FL 23: 11.07.22 | FL 24: 02.15.23 | FL 25: 05.26.23 | Y7: 07.22.23 | FL 26: 09.03.23 | FL 27: 12.12.23 | FL 28: 03.21.24

Offline GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
  • Quit Date: 02/28/2020
  • Interests: Georgia Southern football and baseball, outdoor stuff, movies, music
  • Likes Given: 270
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 09:14:06 PM »
Nothing much to add to what Thefranks5 has told you, @kerooney. You're gonna be in a solid group in October.

You're a soldier, so you know what being accountable is all about. Think of the guys in your October group as your Nicotine Addiction Battle Buddies. They are the closest guys to you who will have your 6. We fight the nicodemon every day, and that's how we all count our quits: ODAAT, or One Day At A Time. Like the military, KTC is full of acronyms, and you'll learn them along the journey that is your quit.

Drink plenty of water, find an outlet, and make damn sure you're motivated. You're gonna have a mental fight with the nicodemon for a while, but you are better, you are tougher, you are stronger, and unlike the nicodemon, buddy you have US, your brothers and sisters in quit. Trade digits through private messaging. As a matter of fact, check messages for my digits. If you want to send me yours, do it. If not, so be it. You'll have mine anyway. I'm at Day 145, but not a day goes by that I don't text the dudes that helped me out so much when I first got here.

The motto of KTC is simple: Brotherhood+Accountability=Success.
GS9502
Renegade of Quit
"For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die." - Ulysses, Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 04:49:28 PM »
Welcome aboard @kerooney. Here at KTC we are a cold turkey group so the only help would be chantix or aN anxiety med to help you along. You are here to break the chain of nicotine so no replacements. My good friend @GS9502 can tell you all about breaking that chain. He might chime in and have some great words of wisdom to help you along. We post our promise first thing in the morning to all that we will use no nicotine today. Go on over and check the group out and get a feel for it here https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16602.0 You will have others that reach out and say hi also. We share digits here but only thru pm not in forum. The digits help with accountability but if your down you have somebody to reach out to. I had a 30 plus year addiction that I am 139 days nicotine free and darn proud of it. The vets on this site are awesome and a wealth of knowledge so I would suggest utilizing them. If you want my digits let me know in a pm. Thank you for your service to this great country. Stay safe, stay strong and God bless.

Promises kept
8/8/98
3/5/20

Offline kerooney

ARMY soldier quitting dip
« on: July 21, 2020, 03:34:59 PM »
Hey everybody, been dipping for a while now especially on deployment. I’ve gone through at least a can a day for the last 365 days and tomorrow is my quit day. It’s just pointless and does nothing but chew my gums up and make me feel like s$&@. Thanks for this site, it’s good to see so many other people who have quit and it gives me hope that I can too.