Author Topic: plasterman  (Read 5669 times)

Offline plasterman

• Quitter
  • Quit date 8-10-20
  • Interests: Beating Copenhagen
  • Likes Given: 38
Re: plasterman
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2020, 12:03:31 PM »
  Hey guys I need to quit my Copenhagen addiction and that is why I am here. Age 62 close to 50 years nowghewing. I am a plasterer so I was taught it is good to chew while I mud.
Welcome @plasterman ! The first thing you should do is flush any nicotine products you have immediately. This is a no-nicotine site where cold-turkey is the only way. Once you have eliminated all nicotine products, go to the November 2020 group and post roll. Posting roll is something we do each and every day when we wake up in the morning - it's our promise to ourselves and our fellow quitters that we will remain quit that day. Anyone can quit for 24 hours. Today is all we can control so we focus on the here and now.

This is an accountability website so you must be willing to be held accountable and not afraid to hold others accountable. Get involved with your group and share your phone number with fellow quitters in your group using the 'My Messages' feature in the toolbar up top (if you are on your computer). On your phone it will look like a little envelop. Make sure your fellow quitters are on roll each and every day and use the forum to share your frustrations as well as your victories.

You called your dependency on nicotine an addiction which is a critical first step in understanding what we are fighting. Glad to have you and proud to be quit with you TODAY!
I need to figure out how to "post roll".
"Pools of sorrow waves of joy are drifting through my opened mind possessing and caressing me" -John Lennon

"Don't destroy the one called {quitter}". - Dr. Bones McCoy, Star Trek episode "Balance of Terror"

Offline plasterman

• Quitter
  • Quit date 8-10-20
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2020, 12:00:53 PM »
  Hey guys I need to quit my Copenhagen addiction and that is why I am here. Age 62 close to 50 years nowghewing. I am a plasterer so I was taught it is good to chew while I mud.
Welcome @plasterman ! The first thing you should do is flush any nicotine products you have immediately. This is a no-nicotine site where cold-turkey is the only way. Once you have eliminated all nicotine products, go to the November 2020 group and post roll. Posting roll is something we do each and every day when we wake up in the morning - it's our promise to ourselves and our fellow quitters that we will remain quit that day. Anyone can quit for 24 hours. Today is all we can control so we focus on the here and now.

This is an accountability website so you must be willing to be held accountable and not afraid to hold others accountable. Get involved with your group and share your phone number with fellow quitters in your group using the 'My Messages' feature in the toolbar up top (if you are on your computer). On your phone it will look like a little envelop. Make sure your fellow quitters are on roll each and every day and use the forum to share your frustrations as well as your victories.

You called your dependency on nicotine an addiction which is a critical first step in understanding what we are fighting. Glad to have you and proud to be quit with you TODAY!
To hold it in my hands is my way to have power over it. If I think I will cave, I'll toss it. Yeah...I'm thinking maybe toss it...
"Pools of sorrow waves of joy are drifting through my opened mind possessing and caressing me" -John Lennon

"Don't destroy the one called {quitter}". - Dr. Bones McCoy, Star Trek episode "Balance of Terror"

Offline plasterman

• Quitter
  • Quit date 8-10-20
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2020, 11:56:46 AM »

@plasterman   MN gave you the link to freedom. Use it. Shoot me a message if I can help or you want additional accountability. You can do this and we are here to help.
i will not call someone yet, I am holding Copenhagen in my hands because she is the Bitch.

Offline plasterman

• Quitter
  • Quit date 8-10-20
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2020, 11:54:03 AM »
it's just another day.   But not for me.  5 days in and i feel lousy by the minute.  I will not quit my damn quit no sir!

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1968
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2020, 12:01:25 PM »

@plasterman   MN gave you the link to freedom. Use it. Shoot me a message if I can help or you want additional accountability. You can do this and we are here to help.
Jan19

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4351
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 11:30:38 AM »

Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline plasterman

• Quitter
  • Quit date 8-10-20
plasterman
« on: August 12, 2020, 11:22:00 AM »